• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2010 all draft team

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't draft a corner in the first round as the 49ers unless he was solid in all aspects of the game.

Committed enough?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't draft a corner in the first round as the 49ers unless he was solid in all aspects of the game.

Committed enough?

yes, but thats also my point.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok, for the Jets who had Reavis they tried this. how is Reavis in run support?

anyway, my hope is for a starting CB with a high pick, and if it doesn't pan out....at least a better NB for those smaller, quicker WR's. but i wouldn't spend a high pick on a NB, and why i said mid rounder.

my opinion is a solid cover guy who can't run support, is not a 1st rounder.....for any team. if you feel otherwise, no problem here.

That was how I interpreted your question. Revis level of coverage ability. He didn't do run support often because he was manned up.

Only way I consider it is if I have a Revis level corner on the other side. With two of them you can commit to that style of defense and poor run support skills won't matter. It's worth it there because you can't get it later and is a crucial piece to that scheme.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so you're very ok spending our 1st round draft pick next year, on someone who can cover but not tackle?

Literally can't tackle? Or is not very good in run support? If we're picking in the second half of the round, I would not hesitate at all to take a great cover corner who struggles in run support.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to the extreme in can't tackle, too, though, like Danny woodhead would truck him or something. I'd spend a top 5 pick on an elite cover corner who was mediocre against the run if it was my biggest need. Late first round for someone very good in coverage I'd take it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
my question was for the 49ers, not what someone else would do.

btw - didn't mean to imply i want a deion sanders cover corner in mid round. did mean a CB who is good in coverage, but poor in tackling. else how do you get a solid NB mid round?

It doesn't matter what the 49ers would do if other teams have taken that player before the mid rounds. And CBs with very good coverage skills don't last into the mid rounds, regardless of their abilities against the run.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Literally can't tackle? Or is not very good in run support? If we're picking in the second half of the round, I would not hesitate at all to take a great cover corner who struggles in run support.

ok, don't want to exaggerate so did mean 'not very good in run support'. sometimes you read about prospects who don't want to stick their head into the tackling.

on the other hand, didn't mean 'great' cover corner either, just someone who's more adept at cover, than other things.

anyway, no problem with your opinion.