• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 12's can be rest assured that their jerseys and flags are safe for another 5 years!

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should sell worthless pieces of paper and call them "shares" instead.
First of all, well played. This is some funny shit. I have one of those pieces of paper too!

However, I am not really talking about just the fact that they have a money making marketing gimmick (all teams do), its the way some really annoying Seattle fans (most often the unknowledgeable, fair-weather types) latch on to it as a way to celebrate themselves and use it as "proof" that they are the "bestest" fans in the NFL.

As far as a place for a transplant football fan to live goes, Seattle is pretty good. Seahawks fans, in general, are pleasant. I could do a lot worse. But the 12th man thing gets really annoying.

At the very least, the way businesses use it is the worst. Remember that McDonald's "What is 12?" ad that came on the radio 20 times an hour?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said Pete Carroll's college style was silly in the NFL also.... Silly has done pretty well ...
Wow. You just associated a coaches methods to a pro franchise paying a college for the rights to use their tradition. That's awesome.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole 12th man thing is just laughable all the way around. I personally get annoyed with hearing people refer to Seahawks fans as "12's" and I just don't understand why you would buy a "12" jersey. Retiring the number 12 in honor of the fans is fine, and the raising of the flag is cool. But as was pointed out I've always associated the 12th man with all the bandwagoners that I encountered in eastern Washington and north Idaho.

That said, the fact that Texas A&M was allowed to trademark this is just idiotic. They weren't the first team to refer to their fans as the "(number of players on the field +1)th man". They were just the first to register the trademark. It's not a catch phrase, it's a universal term to describe fans and it has never been completely unique to Texas A&M.

The whole thing is completely silly.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole 12th man thing is just laughable all the way around. I personally get annoyed with hearing people refer to Seahawks fans as "12's" and I just don't understand why you would buy a "12" jersey. Retiring the number 12 in honor of the fans is fine, and the raising of the flag is cool. But as was pointed out I've always associated the 12th man with all the bandwagoners that I encountered in eastern Washington and north Idaho.

That said, the fact that Texas A&M was allowed to trademark this is just idiotic. They weren't the first team to refer to their fans as the "(number of players on the field +1)th man". They were just the first to register the trademark. It's not a catch phrase, it's a universal term to describe fans and it has never been completely unique to Texas A&M.

I agree. It is silly. But what's sillier is a Professional, NFL franchise paying a college team to to use the tradition.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should sell worthless pieces of paper and call them "shares" instead.

Oh man. That's a nuke payload of burn on the cheesehead.

media_4641b7b0-33b4-11e5-9bfb-2916713ca3fb.gif

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, well played. This is some funny shit. I have one of those pieces of paper too!

However, I am not really talking about just the fact that they have a money making marketing gimmick (all teams do), its the way some really annoying Seattle fans (most often the unknowledgeable, fair-weather types) latch on to it as a way to celebrate themselves and use it as "proof" that they are the "bestest" fans in the NFL.

As far as a place for a transplant football fan to live goes, Seattle is pretty good. Seahawks fans, in general, are pleasant. I could do a lot worse. But the 12th man thing gets really annoying.

At the very least, the way businesses use it is the worst. Remember that McDonald's "What is 12?" ad that came on the radio 20 times an hour?

ChildBackpedaling.gif

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have many jerseys in my closet of former Seahawk players that are no longer playing in the NFL. They collect dust. A #12 jersey is always in vogue even though you don't think so.
Bash away.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It is silly. But what's sillier is a Professional, NFL franchise paying a college team to to use the tradition.
Yeah, how about using that stupid red horn at the beginning of your home games. Very lame to me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have many jerseys in my closet of former Seahawk players that are no longer playing in the NFL. They collect dust. A #12 jersey is always in vogue even though you don't think so.
Bash away.
Sam Adkins? Why do you care to favor his jersey?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, how about using that stupid red horn at the beginning of your home games. Very lame to me.

Right. We should have paid someone else for their tradition. Because that's not lame at all.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bash away.
And so is a t-shirt that says Seahawks. And if it had to be a jersey, I don't think Largent is ever out of vogue.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's sillier.... I would say fans claiming championships from a team that wasn't even in their city at the time.... :D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sillier.... I would say fans claiming championships from a team that wasn't even in their city at the time.... :D
To get a fair an unbiased opinion we need to ask the #BaltimoreBrownsColtsRavens or whatever the city wants to call them this year?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. We should have paid someone else for their tradition. Because that's not lame at all.
You sure are pounding that drum.
It is a business deal between our owner and a college team. I think it was for $5000 per year. You try to make the Seahawks look bad in this but they just were paying hush money to a greedy college that would easily drop their skirt for a few duckets.
Check out the business deal that your owner tried and failed at making with Glendale for your SB a couple of years ago. For a SB Glendale wouldn't invest jack, as was evidenced by a severe lack of Johnny on the Spot piss stations in the north lot. A river of piss it was. Very impressive to us from out of town.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it costs nothing. And for the record, I'm not "claiming" anything. I was just making a point about multi-decade old championships.