• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thats why I hate Pete Carroll

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blame darrell bevell, the worst OC in the NFL bar none. the guy is a complete moron.

FIRE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He cost us a fucking SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't Bevell being praised for his play calling when the Hawks won the SB last year?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Bevell being praised for his play calling when the Hawks won the SB last year?

He's never been praised by fans from what I can gather.

Regardless of the play call and lack of a precise throw. I do credit Butler with a great play. Ironically the part of the play that made the difference was Browner blowing up Kearse allowing Butler a free route to the ball.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will slightly defend Carroll here.... 1: I don't think he really calls the plays 2: It took an OUTSTANDING play by a ROOKIE to intercept the ball. 3: The Patriots were on there heals and pretty deflated after that catch. 4: The Pats were keyed in on the run (didn't mean they would have been able to stop him) so why not try to throw them off their game for a second and throw. 5. They still had a timeout and 2 other downs if they failed. 6. I think BB NOT calling a TO sort of threw the Seahawks a little bit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that, dunce, and YOU KNOW IT. I have said what I meant CONSISTENTLY, and have backed it up with cold logic.

PASS is the best call for 2nd down if you want to use all your downs and keep the D guessing on each down.

The other, LESSER, option is to run on 2nd, call TO, then have to pass on 3rd with the Defense knowing you have to pass.

There is also a COMPLETELY IDIOTIC option of running on 2nd AND 3rd and not even having time for a 4th... and that's an option you YOURSELF called for on the other thread in this forum. TRULY LAUGHABLE.

despite the 3 wide set, running on second down would have been the correct call due to the fact you had a defense reeling on its heels and a power rb that can force his way for a yard. if that play failed, call the time out and reset with the correct package which should have been a read option to lynch or wilson boot leg to the corner of the endzone. I still think lynch would have made it but we'll never know.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will slightly defend Carroll here.... 1: I don't think he really calls the plays 2: It took an OUTSTANDING play by a ROOKIE to intercept the ball. 3: The Patriots were on there heals and pretty deflated after that catch. 4: The Pats were keyed in on the run (didn't mean they would have been able to stop him) so why not try to throw them off their game for a second and throw. 5. They still had a timeout and 2 other downs if they failed. 6. I think BB NOT calling a TO sort of threw the Seahawks a little bit.

This and what Pixels wrote. Sea played a good game. Seahawks didn't lose it The Patriots won the Superbowl.