• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thats why I hate Pete Carroll

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great play by that DB as well. He doesn't get in their Rocket probably pulls that in.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what? He's not going anywhere.

I don't see any way they can keep him around after that call. I don't believe for one second that Carroll made that call either as a suggestion or as an override of what Bevell had called. He might be taking the blame for it in front of the media to avoid throwing his offensive coordinator under the bus, but Bevell is the offensive coordinator and playcaller, so unless there's audiovisual evidence that Carroll was the one to call that play, it's on Bevell. I can't imagine that he won't be the scapegoat in the locker room, possibly necessitating his firing if Carroll wasn't already contemplating it. A potential Lynch extension might also come down to a "him or me" ultimatum from Lynch.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also a really bad throw by Wilson, but people are losing sight of that.

It wasn't a horrible throw... A lot happened... Lockette made an awful effort for that ball... He should have reached out with his hands to try and catch it... Looked like he was just waiting for it to hit him in the chest... And then the play from Butler was a fantastic play... He took a risk and jumped the route early... I personally thought Lockette made an awful attempt for that ball... I don't even know why we would throw it to him the last play of the game personally...

There was 12 of us at the party, including women and we ALL were calling for Lynch to get the ball every single time after he ran it down there to the two leaving 2nd down... Especially since our passing game was anemic up to that point... I couldn't believe they tried a pass attempt... The dumbest call in SB history... We have the best back in the league who has the least amount of negative gains in the league... Odds are he was going to push the pile forward...

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any way they can keep him around after that call. I don't believe for one second that Carroll made that call either as a suggestion or as an override of what Bevell had called. He might be taking the blame for it in front of the media to avoid throwing his offensive coordinator under the bus, but Bevell is the offensive coordinator and playcaller, so unless there's audiovisual evidence that Carroll was the one to call that play, it's on Bevell. I can't imagine that he won't be the scapegoat in the locker room, possibly necessitating his firing if Carroll wasn't already contemplating it. A potential Lynch extension might also come down to a "him or me" ultimatum from Lynch.

That's actually the most underrated point that most people don't realize. I can't imagine how badly Lynch is fuming right now.

Still, once the smoke clears, I just have a very hard time seeing Pete letting Bevell go.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is claiming the call came from him.

It was 2nd down and the Pats were already lining up in run stop, so they called pass. That they would of ran on 3rd and 4th downs.

You're still kind of scratching your head about that considering we were 2yds from the endzone and that slant pass was going to be right in the thick of those players lined up for a run up the middle. But it's not the first time we've heard of this happening with this team. We're they don't deviate from the script when they needed to and it costs them.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is claiming the call came from him.

It was 2nd down and the Pats were already lining up in run stop, so they called pass. That they would of ran on 3rd and 4th downs.

You're still kind of scratching your head about that considering we were 2yds from the endzone and that slant pass was going to be right in the thick of those players lined up for a run up the middle. But it's not the first time we've heard of this happening with this team. We're they don't deviate from the script when they needed to and it costs them.

That's Pete throwing himself on a grenade for his staff. He doesn't call offensive plays, and he sure as hell wasn't going to start with thirty seconds left in the Super Bowl with the ball on the one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams tried the very same stupidity in a regular season game against the San Diego Chargers when the run was working so well for us. Three yards away from a go-ahead TD and Shittenheimer called the very same play and it resulted in the very same thing ignoring the run that surely would have scored the TD.

It is frikin' beyond me how Carroll let that play go forward with Lynch just ready to run over the cheaters. Now we have to watch a bunch of cheaters accept another SB trophy they didn't legitimately earn. The game is forever tainted and I feel very bad for Seattle fans. You deserved to win that game.

Appreciate it... We gotta move on from it though... effin sucks but that's life ... doesn't always work out the way you want... Not going to Lynch there will be a tough one for Caroll to explain for a long while... I love him as a coach he got us our first championship, but this was a boneheaded over thought call.. Just line up with the hog mollies and pound it forward ..... It's tough...

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're gonna throw it, fine, but a fucking inside slant with that many stacked inside the hashes? Fade route, fine...highly unlikely a ball gets picked there with 3 DB's on the field. Inside slant, too many things can happen.....a tipped ball to a safety or linebacker....or as we saw, a bang bang play that was picked. That being said, Lynch all day long. Unbelievable...

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a horrible throw... A lot happened... Lockette made an awful effort for that ball... He should have reached out with his hands to try and catch it... Looked like he was just waiting for it to hit him in the chest... And then the play from Butler was a fantastic play... He took a risk and jumped the route early... I personally thought Lockette made an awful attempt for that ball... I don't even know why we would throw it to him the last play of the game personally...

There was 12 of us at the party, including women and we ALL were calling for Lynch to get the ball every single time after he ran it down there to the two leaving 2nd down... Especially since our passing game was anemic up to that point... I couldn't believe they tried a pass attempt... The dumbest call in SB history... We have the best back in the league who has the least amount of negative gains in the league... Odds are he was going to push the pile forward...

It's obvious from your moniker that you are a die hard Wilson fan. While it was not a horrible pass as the other poster stated it was not a real good pass either. There is no reason to try to throw Locket under the bus to protect Wilson. In that type of situation you do not want to throw the ball too in front of the receiver in a crowd like that. You either want to throw it towards their body so they can protect the ball or towards their feet do that they are the only player who has a shot at it. If Wilson throws the ball a bit more at Locket he has a shot at it. Locket has no shot if his hands are competing with the defenders arms which is what happened. Locket was hit from behind in the process and was totally knocked out of the play. If the defender did not have a direct line to the ball then it's pass interference. It was not the most ideal ball placement in that sort of situation. Would have taken a perfect pass under the circumstances so it might have been better not throwing the ball at all, but the defender made a great play. So lets not throw another player under the bus in order to protect an illusion of perfection for Wilson.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious from your moniker that you are a die hard Wilson fan. While it was not a horrible pass as the other poster stated it was not a real good pass either. There is no reason to try to throw Locket under the bus to protect Wilson. In that type of situation you do not want to throw the ball too in front of the receiver in a crowd like that. You either want to throw it towards their body so they can protect the ball or towards their feet do that they are the only player who has a shot at it. If Wilson throws the ball a bit more at Locket he has a shot at it. Locket has no shot if his hands are competing with the defenders arms which is what happened. Locket was hit from behind in the process and was totally knocked out of the play. If the defender did not have a direct line to the ball then it's pass interference. It was not the most ideal ball placement in that sort of situation. Would have taken a perfect pass under the circumstances so it might have been better not throwing the ball at all, but the defender made a great play. So lets not throw another player under the bus in order to protect an illusion of perfection for Wilson.

Probably a pretty fair assessment. 70% of the time that's an incompletion. 20% of the time the reciever adjusts and makes the play. Butler made the better play, and we fall into the 10% we witnessed.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

So....when is this guy going to get banned? He's clearly a troll. If you look at his profile there are maybe 2 posts that don't involve the Seahawks, the Mariners, or the city of Seattle.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care if it was a bad pass, play never should have been called, period. Everyone knows this. There is simply no argument, no defense, nothing. You are a running team, you live by the run and damnit all if we died by the run I would feel 1000 times better than I do now.

This is just a huuuuuuuuuge I told you so for me.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are comparing this call to the one Carroll had at USC vs Texas in the Rose bowl when he left Reggie Bush on the sidelines on 4th and 2...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who gives a fuck about all that? The play call was fucking horrendous against a stacked middle.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are comparing this call to the one Carroll had at USC vs Texas in the Rose bowl when he left Reggie Bush on the sidelines on 4th and 2...

And the tweets from NFL players are literally flooding in. There's already been over 50 guys who have commented in complete shock over this.

This is a huge story that will only continue to gather more steam.

However, it's obvious Pete is trying to put the lid on it quickly by taking the blame. He knows that if he throws Bevell under the bus that it would force him to fire Bevell. And Pete doesn't want to fire Bevell.

He just wants this to go away, but it won't.

Ball is in Pete's court, but I think he'll choke on it and hold fort.

Once again our offense was completely inept for 2.5 qtrs in another playoff game. Did zilch in the 1st and 4th qtrs. Played a solid 2nd part of the 2nd qtr and then a good 3rd qtr.

The offense on the whole, however, was bad all year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you let that happen? How do you allow that call? Literally just shit a superbowl away. Its unreal.

You hate a coach that is the only reason people know the Seahawks exist? Interesting...

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a pretty fair assessment. 70% of the time that's an incompletion. 20% of the time the reciever adjusts and makes the play. Butler made the better play, and we fall into the 10% we witnessed.

I don't think there is any adjustment he could have made. He was running his route focused on the ball and Butler came from behind to barely beat him to the spot of the ball. If he is a split second early and Butler a split second later it's pass interference. Locket doesn't even see Butler as evidenced by his being knocked totally off his feet. Locket is not a weak sister, he was blindsided. To make an adjustment he has to see the defender.

Unlike the OC is doing, Wilson is not attempting to throw Lockett under the bus. He says he threw it a bit to far in front. Bevell is saying Locket should have gone stronger to the ball. Totally ridiculous attempt at justifying his own boneheaded call. The defender beat him to the spot. The only thing Lockett could have done differently is run his route faster to get to the spot a fraction of a second earlier. Lockett was clipped/hammered from behind by a defender going towards the ball which negated any pass interference while literally also knocking him out of the play. When you are being blindsided to the turf it is hard to bake an adjustment. Weird play on a day loaded with weird plays.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate a coach that is the only reason people know the Seahawks exist? Interesting...

It's been a long, simmering hate for tzorn. It goes back to the old ESPN boards and only got worse when we drafted Wilson. Having known tzorn for a while, it's not so much interesting as predictable that he'd be ripping Carroll now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Pete throwing himself on a grenade for his staff. He doesn't call offensive plays, and he sure as hell wasn't going to start with thirty seconds left in the Super Bowl with the ball on the one.

Got to agree after all the interviews are finished. Bevell is now claiming he was the one who made the call so there you go.