• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thats why I hate Pete Carroll

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Greg Bell: Bruce Irvin muttering in Seahawks locker room: "Don't understand how you don't give it to the best back in the league on the 1/2-yard line"

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole fucking world is muttering that. Except patriots fans, they are muttering "thank god they didnt give it to the best back in the league on the 1/2 yard line"..

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the best back in the league. You dont like it gtfo the board.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate a coach that is the only reason people know the Seahawks exist? Interesting...

Mike Holmgren didn't take us to a superbowl? Interesting...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care if it was a bad pass, play never should have been called, period. Everyone knows this. There is simply no argument, no defense, nothing. You are a running team, you live by the run and damnit all if we died by the run I would feel 1000 times better than I do now.

This is just a huuuuuuuuuge I told you so for me.

100 percent correct... If the Pats stopped Lynch 3 times on the goal-line then so be it... I"m feeling MUCH better knowing we played to our strength ... ANY NFL team in that situations uses Lynch ... But not Bevell..NO NO NO he runs a slant route from the half yard line... EFFIN brilliant... We didn't even bother using play action IF ANYTHING ... Just a quick slant in the middle of the @#$^#@ field which increases the risk of and INT by the way... :doh:

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is Pete won't have the balls to fire Bevell.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pete, but I can't see him pulling the trigger here.

The offense and OL were bad all year. And were even worse in the playoffs. They averaged 1 good qtr of offensive football for each game in the playoffs, just horrible performances everywhere.

That gives Pete plenty of reasons to fire him, but he just won't do it. He's too easy going of a guy.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm Paul Allen, I don't give Pete the choice. Somebody needs to be held accountable and an example needs to be made. By firing Bevell, even old Pete looks a little better to everybody.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong, I like Pete, but I can't see him pulling the trigger here.

The offense and OL were bad all year. And were even worse in the playoffs. They averaged 1 good qtr of offensive football for each game in the playoffs, just horrible performances everywhere.

That gives Pete plenty of reasons to fire him, but he just won't do it. He's too easy going of a guy.

Just because he's easy going doesn't mean he's incapable of firing people. He was easy going when he, along with Schneider, made all those roster moves in the first few years. At least some of those guys never played in the pros again after that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora! Mora! Mora!

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR was open. The throw was pretty good. Malcolm Butler made a great play to be able to actually catch the ball. You figure the worst that could happen there is he somehow bats it down. Shit happens. Unfortunately for Seattle it decided the SB. You didnt lose the SB the Patriots won it.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR was open. The throw was pretty good. Malcolm Butler made a great play to be able to actually catch the ball. You figure the worst that could happen there is he somehow bats it down. Shit happens. Unfortunately for Seattle it decided the SB. You didnt lose the SB the Patriots won it.

Many will disagree with you here obviously. There is not a lot of love for the OC at times so that play in that situation just does not seem like a high percentage, low risk deal.

Anyways, I think the key to that play was Browner as well as Butler. Browner jammed Kearse at the line so well that Butler had a straight shot for the ball. No rub action whatsoever. Excellent execution by Browner and excellent drive on the ball from Butler. Congrats on the win! Hope to see you again next year in Santa Clara.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't risk the game on a high risk throw like that over the fucking middle when you're on the 1 yard line and have a power running game. There was no point risking anything like that at that point of the game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a great play... The problem I have (if you're going to indeed throw it) is why do you throw it to basically a full time special teamer who is very inexperienced at the WR position with the game at hand?

No fake handoff to Lynch to suck the defense in... No bootleg to get RW on the run while looking to make a play with his legs or pass... No fade to the endzone to a tall WR? Why throw it there to Lockette?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you let that happen? How do you allow that call? Literally just shit a superbowl away. Its unreal.
Facts:
26 seconds left, 2nd down, one time out left.
No int's were thrown from the one this year until last night.
Lynch was run in this situation five times this year: he only got in the EZ once.
If you run and miss, call the last TO, then you virtually HAVE TO pass on 3rd, and the D will know it.

Carroll was going to run Lynch 3 out of 4 downs that series. Given time left and one time out, he had to pass once. What's the best down to throw on?

If you run on 2nd down and miss, you have to call the last time out. Then, the Defense KNOWS you have to throw on 3rd.

If you pass on 2nd, then you save the Time Out. The defense doesn't know what you're going to do on 3rd down.

Carroll was going to run Lynch 3 of 4 downs. he had to throw once. Throwing on 2nd down was the best time to do that.

QED.

Unless you can acutely counter the above logic, stfu

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts:
The play failed and cost the Seahawks a superbowl.
No other sane person would have called a slant in which Seattle struggles to perform every single time
Lynch is the best power back in the NFL. He just got 4 yards the previous play. Its ridiculous not you use him on the 1 yard line with a freaking timeout.
The slant play is being lauded as the worst superbowl play ever by professionals and players alike (some are saying its the worst play ever in any game they have seen).

So yeah, you can go and read a few articles from a numbers guy that gave you all that information and cram it up your ass. Nobodys buying it.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts:
The play failed and cost the Seahawks a superbowl.
No other sane person would have called a slant in which Seattle struggles to perform every single time
Lynch is the best power back in the NFL. He just got 4 yards the previous play. Its ridiculous not you use him on the 1 yard line with a freaking timeout.
The slant play is being lauded as the worst superbowl play ever by professionals and players alike (some are saying its the worst play ever in any game they have seen).

So yeah, you can go and read a few articles from a numbers guy that gave you all that information and cram it up your ass. Nobodys buying it.

Read a few articles???... I posted this stuff [the logic] minutes after it happened. It's the correct logical choice considering down, time.

The fact that the stats back it up too is secondary. The logic is primary and sound.

26 seconds, 1 time out, 2nd down. There are three options:

A. Run Lynch twice and not even worry about running a play on a 4th down... a 4th down you'll never see because of time. We call this option the DUMB option.

B. Run Lynch on 2nd down, call Time Out, and then the Defense knows that you have to Pass on 3rd.

C. Throw on 2nd which saves Time Out and keeps options open on 3rd [run or pass].

=====================

C. is the best option, which is what Carroll did.

Again, the logic is clear as day presented to you... either agree with it... or say something substantive to counter: tell me why option B is better... because it doesn't look better: the defense knowing what you're going to do is NOT as good as them not knowing.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers are great, but they can be deceiving to. I doubt anybodys taking stats on the players emotions are they? The Patriots were against the wall and the play call bailed them out. Screw the defense knowing what we were going to do. They still had to stop it. OMG Lynch was 1-5 in the regular season on 1 yrd runs. Was that the superbowl? Who was it against? Was the same personnel playing then as the night of the superbowl? Was Lynch healthy and feeling good at those times? What was the weather like? Did anybody say how putrid NE's defense had been all year in those situations? See, the numbers are shit.

Your trying to justify a slant from the 1 yrd line with a 5'9" qb throwing it to a situational WR. Good lord.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your trying to justify a slant from the 1 yrd line with a 5'9" qb throwing it to a situational WR. Good lord.

I'm not arguing that, dunce, and YOU KNOW IT. I have said what I meant CONSISTENTLY, and have backed it up with cold logic.

PASS is the best call for 2nd down if you want to use all your downs and keep the D guessing on each down.

The other, LESSER, option is to run on 2nd, call TO, then have to pass on 3rd with the Defense knowing you have to pass.

There is also a COMPLETELY IDIOTIC option of running on 2nd AND 3rd and not even having time for a 4th... and that's an option you YOURSELF called for on the other thread in this forum. TRULY LAUGHABLE.