• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That was a situation, where MAYBE you let a team score

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize how tough of a decision that is to make, and how easy it is to make in hindsight.

... but I mean, with literally everyone besides Peppers and Jennings on the defense injured. Was there ANY doubt they were going to score on that last drive? I mean, seriously. After RGIII completed that miracle 3rd down pass... that was really it. Forcing a 4th and 5 right there was our only hope.

If they let them score with 1:30 left... I think with two timeouts, and decent field position. The offense goes down the field and wins the game. Nobody was stopping anybody that game. It came down to who had the ball last, and that was the Skins. (well, pretty much... the Bears took over on offense with 35 seconds left)

I know... it sounds like a typical dumb fan ranting, and I honestly don't know if you can make that decision. However, that wasn't a bad time to pull that move, if you're ever going to do it.

Talk about a day where nothing goes your way. Someone on the Bears was injured and had to come off of the field on EVERY SINGLE SECOND HALF DRIVE. On both sides of the ball. I've never seen anything like it. People dropping like it was a war zone. The fumble on the kickoff return bouncing right back to the Skins, the onside kick recovery, and AT BEST tick-tack offsides call.

Oh, and geez... the music city miracle play almost worked. I swear, I think if Anderson gets through that last seam, he may have had A LOT of room to run. At least enough to put us in a realistic position to score a TD.

I also am disappointed we didn't at least get a hail mary off at the end. With Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Forte, and Anderson. The Bears would have had a great size advantage, and McCown definitely has the arm to get it down there.

Last edited by a moderator:

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think it is just not our year injury wise... like 2011.

And we still almost beat the Redskins at their place. We are so much better than them it is pathetic.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think it is just not our year injury wise... like 2011.

And we still almost beat the Redskins at their place. We are so much better than them it is pathetic.

You are the better team but I think your overstating things a wee bit. Our offense is just starting to return. It has underachieved this year, but it is definitely not "pathetic". Now our ST... You've got no argument from me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the better team but I think your overstating things a wee bit. Our offense is just starting to return. It has underachieved this year, but it is definitely not "pathetic". Now our ST... You've got no argument from me.

Agreed. The Bears are by no means the "way better team".

This defense has struggled all year, even before the injuries.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pisses me off more than ANYTHING is the fact that the national media all talks about how the Packers are "decimated by injuries" when our injury situation is so much worse and no one gives a rats ass. I mean we have 8 of 11 starters on defense now out and are without our starting QB. The Packers starting QB has missed a grand total of 1 game since 1992.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pisses me off more than ANYTHING is the fact that the national media all talks about how the Packers are "decimated by injuries" when our injury situation is so much worse and no one gives a rats ass. I mean we have 8 of 11 starters on defense now out and are without our starting QB. The Packers starting QB has missed a grand total of 1 game since 1992.

Yeah, well, the media naturally shines the spot light on the teams with the big name QB's. If Cutler is out for a significant amount of time, which per NFL sources on Twitter, it looks that way. Then, I think people will start to notice the issues in Chicago.

Personally, I don't care what the media says.

The one positive right now is, the bye couldn't have come at a better time. Man, after this Cutler injury, 5-2 seems like an entire world better than 4-3. Man, should have gotten that one today.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a case where yeah, you let them score. Had to give McCown some time.

This offense is gonna play well with McCown since he is programmed for this offense. The lesser QB are the ones Trestman has turned around, he makes the top guys, not change top guys. I just wonder how long McCown will last taking hits

They say Jordan Palmer should sign today, dont know who the emergency QB was, but they might consider bringing in two.