• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That is... the absolute... most brutal...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ If the guy wants the Bears to throw into the end zone vs San Fran, or go for it on 4th and 7 in the WSH game... I may disagree on D

Nobody is talking about going for it on fourth down, its being aggressive with your superstar quarterback before it got to fourth and 7 to not need to pressure Robbie again.

a) he didn't miss any FGs in that game. That isn't super important to the calculus, but as matter of fact he was 2-of-2.

b) I don't have the slightest clue of who my "old nemesis" is. Unless you are referring to dcenate or clem or one of those other nutcase Packer trolls?

c) Of course the Bears should not have gone for it instead of trying that FG. Going for it on 4th-and-7 from the 32 yard line when you are down three points is widely regarded as a stupid idea. The fact that it didn't work out doesn't change that. 4th-and-7 is an extremely low percentage outcome, much lower than a 50 yd FG from a guy who has a long career of making those. You can't play games with decisions simply with benefit of hindsight. If Fox had gone for it in that situation, I would have throw my beer bottle at the television. Yes something is going on with Robbie Gould. Don't know what, whether he is injured, bad breakup with woman, cocaine withdrawals, I don't know, but something. He either has to regain his competence, or the Bears need to do something with him, because the right answer is not to stop making smart calls simply because you have a K who has suddenly lost his mojo.

d) You aren't the stupidest person on this board.

C) I dont know if you are talking about the game I did not watch from Thursday night or the Bears game. I am talking about being more aggressive with the offense on the field, so I gotta disagree about going with the "norm" if your kicker has lost his mojo.

The san francisco game, the bears still were in the hunt and controlled their own destiny for the playoffs. Washington game, they were already down to needing help to stay in the picture. That has to change following the norm, you go for the lead and win.