• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That is... the absolute... most brutal...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because Gould already missed a 40 yarder and you have an elite quarterback you need to trust to make a throw or throw it away on a 50 degree day with little wind. There was still time with an in completion to kneel and let the clock run down if you fail, but after Careys run (which he was actually never touched down) a throw on play action was the right call.

They could have put the 49ers away those first two drives when they settled for field goals, even one TD and one FG

You do not go for a TD there. Under zero circumstances. Joe Montana, Jay Cutler or Rex Grossman. It makes no sense. You only risk turnover, and stopping the clock. You have arguably the best kicker over the past decade. You kick. And even if you don't... you run the clock and you kick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do not go for a TD there. Under zero circumstances. Joe Montana, Jay Cutler or Rex Grossman. It makes no sense. You only risk turnover, and stopping the clock. You have arguably the best kicker over the past decade. You kick. And even if you don't... you run the clock and you kick.

You cannot keep believing you are right. You throw to the end zone and throw it out of the end zone if the receiver is anywhere close to covered. You trust the quarterback to do that. First and fucking 10 at the 25 after a 12 yard run its gonna be there.

Keep believing you are right, but they lost going your way.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Robbie kicks the field goal, we aren't having this, toss it into the end zone discussion. Instead, we would all be saying what a great job Fox did, not doing anything rash and letting one of the best kickers in NFL history nail the win. We are having this discussion because Robbie missed 2 FG that would/should/could have won the game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Robbie kicks the field goal, we aren't having this, toss it into the end zone discussion. Instead, we would all be saying what a great job Fox did, not doing anything rash and letting one of the best kickers in NFL history nail the win. We are having this discussion because Robbie missed 2 FG that would/should/could have won the game.

by throwing the ball out of bounds on first and ten from the 25 with a minute left when you still have two downs to run out the clock and position where he wanted it on the left hash anyway? Right hash might have made that kick. I dont see how that can be considered rash. if the receiver is not alone you throw it thru the uprights. its no different than a play teams run with 10-15 seconds left with no time outs in that situation.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm in richig's corner on this one. A normal range field goal is a very high percentage play. They made the right decision, he just blew it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot keep believing you are right. You throw to the end zone and throw it out of the end zone if the receiver is anywhere close to covered. You trust the quarterback to do that. First and fucking 10 at the 25 after a 12 yard run its gonna be there.

Keep believing you are right, but they lost going your way.

You are the most infuriating poster. My god.

You are WRONG. There is zero doubt, that you are wrong. Every analytic. Every percentage of all-time. Says you are wrong. Team's have also done it your way and lost on interceptions. Which looks 10x worse. A needless risk. It's ASININE. YOU ARE ASININE.

Not to mention, if you score on first down. You leave a minute and twenty on the clock or so.

My way wins 99% of the time with Robbie Gould. Shutup... just... shut... up. Anyone with brains, will run the clock and kick. Why the hell do you think teams tell RB's to fall down in front of the goal line the majority of the time in that situation? Because a kick 35 yards or shorter, in the NFL... with a halfway competent kicker... much less one of the most accurate ever (especially inside of 40). Is almost always a lock.

Robbie failed to execute a kick he's made his entire career. Patrick Mannelly had one blown snap in his entire career. Does that mean they shouldn't have punted on that play? Because Mannelly botched it? No. They made the right play, and on a flukey instance. It was failed to be executed.

You're argument, is based on a fluke miss. It is utter nonsense. The arrogance you display it with, makes me laugh.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trust your quarterback, you trust him to throw the ball away on first and 10 from the 25. End of story.

I can see you getting your panties in a bunch if I was complaining about this after Gould hit the field goal and the bears won.

C

cubzzzfanincali

So AI, I take it you agreed with the Vikes' decision to keep pushing for a TD even though they were in FG range last night at the end of the game, even though they wound up fumbling? I mean...assuming you aren't just applying 20/20 hindsight, that would be the consistent choice...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So AI, I take it you agreed with the Vikes' decision to keep pushing for a TD even though they were in FG range last night at the end of the game, even though they wound up fumbling? I mean...assuming you aren't just applying 20/20 hindsight, that would be the consistent choice...

beat me to it

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say it again, why should I give a fuck about what some other team does? It does not make them right or the decision of Fox wrong. What does that tell your offense when they have first down and they are not even allowed to run a play like the run that just got 12 yards? How many field goals did the Viking kicker miss that game? I gotta ask since I did not see the game. They are in game situations, so commenting on something I did not see makes me the nimrod everyone already knows I am. Go fight with your old nemesis, you are not looking any brighter making the stupidest person on the board look dumb. Challenge yourself, like Fox could have challenged his team and go pick fights with someone worthy of your time.

What about yesterday? Should the bears been more aggressive yesterday instead of "settling" for the tie again?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I will say it again, why should I give a fuck about what some other team does? It does not make them right or the decision of Fox wrong. What does that tell your offense when they have first down and they are not even allowed to run a play like the run that just got 12 yards? How many field goals did the Viking kicker miss that game? I gotta ask since I did not see the game. They are in game situations, so commenting on something I did not see makes me the nimrod everyone already knows I am. Go fight with your old nemesis, you are not looking any brighter making the stupidest person on the board look dumb. Challenge yourself, like Fox could have challenged his team and go pick fights with someone worthy of your time.

What about yesterday? Should the bears been more aggressive yesterday instead of "settling" for the tie again?

a) he didn't miss any FGs in that game. That isn't super important to the calculus, but as matter of fact he was 2-of-2.

b) I don't have the slightest clue of who my "old nemesis" is. Unless you are referring to dcenate or clem or one of those other nutcase Packer trolls?

c) Of course the Bears should not have gone for it instead of trying that FG. Going for it on 4th-and-7 from the 32 yard line when you are down three points is widely regarded as a stupid idea. The fact that it didn't work out doesn't change that. 4th-and-7 is an extremely low percentage outcome, much lower than a 50 yd FG from a guy who has a long career of making those. You can't play games with decisions simply with benefit of hindsight. If Fox had gone for it in that situation, I would have throw my beer bottle at the television. Yes something is going on with Robbie Gould. Don't know what, whether he is injured, bad breakup with woman, cocaine withdrawals, I don't know, but something. He either has to regain his competence, or the Bears need to do something with him, because the right answer is not to stop making smart calls simply because you have a K who has suddenly lost his mojo.

d) You aren't the stupidest person on this board.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ If the guy wants the Bears to throw into the end zone vs San Fran, or go for it on 4th and 7 in the WSH game... I may disagree on D

C

cubzzzfanincali

...at which point you passed out at the keyboard?

No more drinking, Jim.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was lit like a Christmas tree.

Oops.

C

cubzzzfanincali

well, I may be wrong, but this is the first time I am aware of anyone actually passing out mid-post. And as everyone knows there has been no shortage of drunken state postings around here, so that's pretty remarkable. I can certainly concede some drunken tirades myself...wake up in the morning having forgetten it entirely, but to actually pass out mid post? Wow, I don't even think Brian McLaren did that. God remember some of his drunken stemwinders?

I am truly impressed. And amused.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you have a mediocre kicker, it's an easy decision to count on him to make those kicks with the game on the line. But Robbie Gould? He's one of the greatest kickers of all time. It was a no brainer to send him out there even for the 50 yarder. There was no way to predict that a great kicker would suddenly lose it. What happened is SO frustrating. The Bears would have beaten the 49ers and MIGHT have beaten the Redskins, had Gould made those kicks. Imagine how exciting it would have been to have the Bears go into Minnesota with a 7-6 record with big wildcard implications. What happened really sucks!