• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, we ran the ball... and ran it well

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And our QB STILL threw and fumbled a sure win away on back-to-back 4th quarter possessions with a 6 point lead. To my recollection, on three straight dropbacks Mitch threw a horrible INT. Then, after the D bailed him out. He overthrew a wide open Gabriel for what would have been a game sealing TD. He then dropped back and fumbled the ball to the other team.

When somebody is wondering about the definition of "handing a game away". They should be given a copy of that game on blue-ray to take home and watch. They'll get the point. Holy shit. Even outside of the missed field goal and that sequence by Mitch. How about this team's red zone offense in the first half? Good god! What an utter catastrophe. Zero excuse that they weren't up by two scores at half.

Nagy settling for a 41 yard field goal from the left hash on a windy day when you have 1st and 10 with a time out and 43 seconds at the 22 yard line is beyond my comprehension. I said out loud that I was having flashbacks of the Trestman blunder in Minnesota back in 2013 when he did the same thing. Kicked on 2nd down with Gould from 47. You're telling me you can't draw up a couple of safe pass plays to get 5-10 more yards? Or AT LEAST run it with Montgomery once more?

The Bears actually outplayed the Chargers by a country mile. Our bust of a QB and spiraling HC just wrapped the game up in a little gift baggy for them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I am sure that Mitch apologists will still point to the final drive (and Nagy's red zone/game-winning field goal mismanagement) as some sort of crutch to lean on and say that this wasn't largely on him.

I need a break from this shit. What a devastating loss. Worse than last week, IMO. Last week we played a fantastic team and got beat. This week we played a middling one, beat them and succeeded in doing everything in our power to just hand the game away. Can't even talk about this team right now. Disgusting.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah hell......Our def will get us to the SB......no need to worry......Or so Ive been told....lol

Our offense has to score some pts for us to win.......And once again they blew it....

Time for a new qb and a hc next year.....Along with a k after I just thought he was gonna be our future k for awhile.......

No playoffs this year........oh well......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is left to support Trubisky exactly? I was last to jump on the Trubisky bandwagon last year, what was i thinking. Good grief what a total failure. Nagy should be fired, Trubisky should be replaced but I like Pace. I'm not sure we can get rid of Nagy and Trubisky and keep Pace. But that would be my preference.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is left to support Trubisky exactly? I was last to jump on the Trubisky bandwagon last year, what was i thinking. Good grief what a total failure. Nagy should be fired, Trubisky should be replaced but I like Pace. I'm not sure we can get rid of Nagy and Trubisky and keep Pace. But that would be my preference.

I was not an MT fan last season,but kept up the hope with all the feedback I was given......Shouldve listened to myself.....

And I still laugh at the "this defense can carry us to the SB" or the "this is the best defense in the history of the NFL".....lmao

Oh,and its not the first time we were in the market for a qb.........kinda used to it.....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep wondering if there is a QB better suited to Nagy's offense.

I keep coming back to how McCown was able to run Trestman's offense much better than Cutler, even though nobody would EVER claim that McCown was the more talented of the two.... McCown just seemed to work within that offense more successfully...

Is it possible that Nagy's offense would work with another QB?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not an MT fan last season,but kept up the hope with all the feedback I was given......Shouldve listened to myself.....

And I still laugh at the "this defense can carry us to the SB" or the "this is the best defense in the history of the NFL".....lmao

Oh,and its not the first time we were in the market for a qb.........kinda used to it.....

If the D hadn't fallen off and lost Hicks. Odds are we have a winning record. Do you pay attention to the NFL much? D's carry poor to average offenses deep into the playoffs all of the time.

I would gladly go back in time and say the same thing again. I was right. The way the D had been playing from 2018 through the first month. It didn't look like we would need much of an offense to go far. The D lost Hicks and the offense got even worse than it had been. What I was saying was also purely speculation. Nothing was declarative.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that Nagy's offense would work with another QB?

Yeah, any QB.

Literally, name a QB with a starting job or in discussion to land a starting job. It would run better.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah hell......Our def will get us to the SB......no need to worry......Or so Ive been told....lol
I just re-read that too. It simply said we have had a better D than we ever had under Lovie. Which was correct through that point in the year. Along with that if we could score 20-24 points a game and take care of the ball that we could win the SB. If we did that. We would be 5-2 right now, at a minimum. That's not even factoring in that we had not lost Hicks to IR before this was said.

It said we have a chance to be like the 2015 Denver Broncos. I don't see anything unreasonable about saying that at that juncture.

So, go finish yourself off in a corner somewhere so you don't have blue balls and rejoin when you have yourself together.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And our QB STILL threw and fumbled a sure win away on back-to-back 4th quarter possessions with a 6 point lead. To my recollection, on three straight dropbacks Mitch threw a horrible INT. Then, after the D bailed him out. He overthrew a wide open Gabriel for what would have been a game sealing TD. He then dropped back and fumbled the ball to the other team.

When somebody is wondering about the definition of "handing a game away". They should be given a copy of that game on blue-ray to take home and watch. They'll get the point. Holy shit. Even outside of the missed field goal and that sequence by Mitch. How about this team's red zone offense in the first half? Good god! What an utter catastrophe. Zero excuse that they weren't up by two scores at half.

Nagy settling for a 41 yard field goal from the left hash on a windy day when you have 1st and 10 with a time out and 43 seconds at the 22 yard line is beyond my comprehension. I said out loud that I was having flashbacks of the Trestman blunder in Minnesota back in 2013 when he did the same thing. Kicked on 2nd down with Gould from 47. You're telling me you can't draw up a couple of safe pass plays to get 5-10 more yards? Or AT LEAST run it with Montgomery once more?

The Bears actually outplayed the Chargers by a country mile. Our bust of a QB and spiraling HC just wrapped the game up in a little gift baggy for them.

In fairness, Leno got pushed into Mitch in .7 seconds on that play. That was utterly ridiculous as well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the D hadn't fallen off and lost Hicks. Odds are we have a winning record. Do you pay attention to the NFL much? D's carry poor to average offenses deep into the playoffs all of the time.

I would gladly go back in time and say the same thing again. I was right. The way the D had been playing from 2018 through the first month. It didn't look like we would need much of an offense to go far. The D lost Hicks and the offense got even worse than it had been. What I was saying was also purely speculation. Nothing was declarative.

And Id gladly go back n time and laugh even more......

Our def gave up 36 yards rushing yesterday and still lost......

Hicks makes a difference I agree.....but he still would not carry our team to the SB........

Last edited: