• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tharold Simon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good point, I forgot about Simon. This makes me feel a good deal better about our CB depth.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon is pretty much an unknown at this point. I dont think he was able to practice at all last year. Hopefully he is healthy this year and gets a chance. I do like the Phillip Adams signing. A guy who nearly made the team in 2012 but Jeremy Lane beat him out. He can compete with Lane for the nickel spot and has experience Punt returning which is a need right now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully his foot is back to 100% and he's ready to start producing. In an article that broke down how Pete Carroll runs his Ds, it used the term "indoctrination" to describe how he especially develops his DBs to be so good at shutting down the big plays and creating so many turnover possibilities. Simon now has a year of that indoctrination. Can't wait to see what he can do once camps start.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is his recovery. Is he back to 100%? I'm hoping so.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing what this guy can do. Also curious to see how good DeShawn Shead is as well.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing what this guy can do. Also curious to see how good DeShawn Shead is as well.

Me too! I think we are in great shape with our CB's even after losing WT3 & BB. An embarrassment of riches.
I bow down to our FO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone forgot about Jesse Williams and Tharold Simon.

Browner = Simon replaces to some degree (in size). Also believe Browner's pure coverage skills were never that great to begin with. Pats are going to be sorely disappointed without ET roaming around in the backfield to help Browner deal with non-sideline deep balls.

Bryant = Williams replacement. Williams was a late 1st/2nd round prospect who was an elite run stuffing prospect... lacking the pass rush is what kept him out of early-mid 1st discussion. Injury not that big of a deal for what his role will be on this team.

Thurmond = Lane. Lane isn't AS good, but good enough.

Clemons = Irvin back to DE... he was drafted as a true replacement to the position anyway. I blame his lack of pass rush against Atlanta in the playoffs as being asked to step into big shoes out of the blue and a lack of general pass rush from the other 3 (no Bennett/Avril back then). Calling it now, Irvin is going to have a breakout year. He has phantom speed and improved his tackling/open field ability with a year at OLB. Irvin is going to have a 12+ sack year and everyone will go WHAAAA!?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant = Williams replacement. Williams was a late 1st/2nd round prospect who was an elite run stuffing prospect... lacking the pass rush is what kept him out of early-mid 1st discussion. Injury not that big of a deal for what his role will be on this team.

My expectations of Williams are very tempered. A knee injury for any lineman is always a big deal, they have to be able to put a ton of pressure on those knees and he already lacks lower body strength IMO. Love the way he plays, but I have my doubts of him as a pro.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone forgot about Jesse Williams and Tharold Simon.

Browner = Simon replaces to some degree (in size). Also believe Browner's pure coverage skills were never that great to begin with. Pats are going to be sorely disappointed without ET roaming around in the backfield to help Browner deal with non-sideline deep balls.

Thurmond = Lane. Lane isn't AS good, but good enough.

Clemons = Irvin back to DE... he was drafted as a true replacement to the position anyway. I blame his lack of pass rush against Atlanta in the playoffs as being asked to step into big shoes out of the blue and a lack of general pass rush from the other 3 (no Bennett/Avril back then). Calling it now, Irvin is going to have a breakout year. He has phantom speed and improved his tackling/open field ability with a year at OLB. Irvin is going to have a 12+ sack year and everyone will go WHAAAA!?

you hit everything that i was about to say from simon coming in a being a solid player over browner, everybody forgot about jesse williams he is very identical to red bryant he is a huge dude the reason why he fell to the 5th round is because of his knee injury (which came back on us when he got hurt for the season) and like you said his lack of pass rush and lets not forget about jordan hill. lastly I have been on record as saying that we should move bruce irvin should move back to DE and come in on rotation and we should have malcon smith start at LB