• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers media info

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to see if we can crowdsource (ha, buzzword bingo for ya there) a list of twitter feeds and news feeds for people to follow. I personally know I hate twitter, but would like a couple of good Rangers reporters/news breakers to follow when I'm bored.

So if you know a good read or a good lead, post it here and I'll try to incorporate it into one post. I'll sticky this so we can all have the info easier to find. I would request that we not list sites that are simply other sports forums. If they have original articles and a forum, that's fine, but I'm not mature enough to welcome direct competition :)

@AAndro - Rangers writer and twitter news breaker

@NewbergReport
@JeffWilson_FWST
@Sullivan_Ranger

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NewbergReport
@JeffWilson_FWST
@Sullivan_Ranger

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant
Gerry Fraley

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terps, whats your twitter :evil:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took me about a year to perfect who I followed for baseball. Now I get accurate, breaking news for the teams I'm interested in as shit happens.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like many I received email from Scott Lucas this morning ... introducing himself and his daily email Farm Report. Entire email attached ... here are the lead paragraphs. Subscribing to Jamey's emails gets you Scott's too.

Hello

I’m Scott Lucas, and I write daily minor-league game summaries and other features for the Newberg Report. Every March, I reintroduce myself to the newcomers on our expanding email empire. The Newberg Report added 2,300 subscribers last year and surpassed 20,000 recently. When I began in February 2007, we had 3,500.

I was born in Arlington, a Rangers fan since 1972 and a proud member of the Dr. Pepper Junior Rangers Club in the 1970s. I saw Tom Grieve contribute a single and sac fly to an 8-6 win in 1976. I saw Juan Gonzalez hit three homers on my birthday in 1993. I saw ALCS-clinching victories in 2010 and 2011.

Jamey and I went to college together, though we didn't meet (via email) until 2000 or so. I moved to Austin in 1986 and have lived within a couple of miles of downtown ever since. Unlike seemingly so many bloggers, I’m not a lawyer, although most of my clients are. In real life, I appraise, consult on, and provide litigation support for real estate suffering from environmental contamination or other physical and legal challenges. My job has taken me to San Diego, Chicago and New Orleans. Also, Big Spring.

My baseball writing dates from 2001 when I covered the Rangers for ESPN's fantasy baseball site, followed by my own site (rangers.scottlucas.com, updated sporadically these days), various freelance assignments, and an invitation from Jamey to cover the minor leaguers in 2007.

I am not a scout, and I'm not going to pretend I know more than they do. From me you'll receive a wide variety of services: scouting-esque observations, history, perspective, context for statistics, photography and video.

Depth Chart

I keep track of everyone on the Rangers and their six US-based minor-league teams: Texas Rangers Organization Depth Chart. As of now, most players are listed on their final destination in 2013, but I’ll update the chart when rosters are announced and throughout the season.

Correspondence / Twitter

You can email me at this address. My twitter handle is @scottrlucas (http://twitter.com/scottlucas). While in Surprise, I'll comment on noteworthy prospect performances. During the season, I regularly update with in-game comments, roster moves, statistical tidbits, etc. Jamey is there too, of course (@NewbergReport). If you’re twitter-averse because of the noise factor, I don't blame you. That said, the nice thing about twitter is you control who you follow, and for my part, I tend to stay on topic.

Read the attached to get the full email ... wmw

Attachments

• scott lucas 3-17 email.pdf
    160.2 KB · Views: 23

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today it seems only Grant, Wilson and Sullivan tweeting at CBS

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan grant is lame. His tweets are always littered with spelling errors and other crapola. I wish we still had Durrett. He was great. RIP

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to see if we can crowdsource (ha, buzzword bingo for ya there) a list of twitter feeds and news feeds for people to follow. I personally know I hate twitter, but would like a couple of good Rangers reporters/news breakers to follow when I'm bored.

So if you know a good read or a good lead, post it here and I'll try to incorporate it into one post. I'll sticky this so we can all have the info easier to find. I would request that we not list sites that are simply other sports forums. If they have original articles and a forum, that's fine, but I'm not mature enough to welcome direct competition :)

@AAndro - Rangers writer and twitter news breaker

@NewbergReport
@JeffWilson_FWST
@Sullivan_Ranger

I hate Twitter and when posters repost tweets, I can't see them on my phone, so sometimes I get whole pages of posts that I can't even read, like the draft prospects info, pretty annoying

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remembered another I never added

@Fordman84_Tx

:suds: