• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Signing Day Primer (12/18/2019)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska currently sits at 20 commits (21 if you count Gifford, but he doesn't count against this class's numbers so....)

Anyway, I expect 18 of the 20 to sign to more (again, 19 of 21 if you count Gifford).

Betts won't sign till february, his grades from fall semester are very important in making the grades for the spring. If the grades bear out like they need to he will be allowed to sign on the February signing date.

Aho also won't sign per the OMWH and likely doesn't end up as part of the class. (this is good news, which I'll get to a little later)

I thought Jordan Riley's commitment meant something was off for tomorrow, I no longer believe that with the Aho news. So... who's committing and when and who do I think we land? Here's your signing day primer.

I will give a brief description and then a confidence level (1-10) on my prediction of who lands said prospect...

Kaden Johnson (4-Star, OLB) [Minneapolis, MN] 7:45am - The #1 rated recruit in Minnesota is down to Nebraska and Wisconsin. Wisconsin making a late push here but Nebraska looking to hold them off at the moment. Who: Wisconsin (CL - 9)

Jaiden Francois (4-Star, S) [Homestead, FL] 8am -
Francois has been committed to Miami multiple times through the process and is down to Nebraska and Miami yet again. The feeling here is that Nebraska likely wins out, but in a close one. Who: Nebraska (CL - 5)

Marcus Fleming (4-Star, WR) [Miami, FL] 10:00am -
Fleming is one of the fastest prospects in the state of Florida regardless of position. Nerbaska, Miami, Florida State and Maryland are all vying for his services. Maryland is the dark horse here but the one time Miami commit seems headed UNL's direction at the moment. Who: Nebraska (CL 8)

Kendall Dennis (4-Star, DB) [Lakeland, FL] 11am -
Dennis is a really good prospect out of Florida that Nebraska is finalist for as well, but things don't look as rosie with this one. Clemson and Oklahoma are the other players. Who: Oklahoma (CL - 7)

Javian Hester (4-Star, WR) [Tulsa, OK] 11:30am -
Cureent Mizzou commit looked interested in moving on from his commitment shortly after Odom was fired and Nebraska tried to insert themselves as a viable option and wanted him to wait till February to sign. He visited UCLA recently, but did not make it out to Nebraska. Who: Mizzou (CL - 6)

Myles Slusher (4-Star, DB) [Broken Arrow, OK] 2pm -
Current Oregon commit that is likely moving on from Oregon in order to play closer to home. Slusher is seemingly down to Nebraska and Arkansas (where he just visited recently). Slusher has visited Nebraska twice and Nebraska thought they had enough of a shot to send a lot of the staff in home with him right before the dead period. He either stays with Oregon or moves on to Nebraska or Arkansas. It's really anyone's guess at this moment. Who: Arkansas (1)

Alante Brown (4-Star, WR) [Chicago, IL] 8pm -
Recent visitor and another good looking receiver with speed to burn, Brown is high on Nebraska's wish list. He has a final four of Nebraska, Ole Miss, Maryland and Indiana. Indiana's OC is rumored to be leaving for an HC job so that could put a commitment to them in jeopardy. Nebraska is sitting well here but don't rule out the Lane Kiffin factor either. Who: Nebraska (3)

Pheldarius Payne (3-Star. DE) JUCO [Scranton, PA]
- Payne COULD announce before signing day or during signing day but he recently decommitted from NC State and Nebraska seems to be his only other option. Who: Nebraska (CL - 8)

Darion Green-Warren (4-Star, DB) [Harbor City, CA] -
Warren is committing and signing on Wednesday but waiting to announce until the All-Star game in January. He's down to Nebraskas, Michigan and USC. Who: Michigan (CL - 9)

Likely February Decisions

Tuli Tuipulotu (3-Star, DE) [Lawndale, CA] -
Nebraska looked to be trending a decent direction with this high 3-star DE but a USC offer seems to have made this train leave the station. Who: USC (CL -7)

Nusi Malani (3-Star, DE) [San Mateo, CA] -
This is one I have no good feel for. He visited for the NIU game and Nebraska has kept on him but there's no real feel for him after that. Right now I think Nebraska likely has moved on. Colorado, Boise State or BYU are possibilities. Who: Colorado (CL - 1)

Tonoa Tongai (3-Star, DE) [Rigby, ID] -
A late visitor and addition to the interest pool, Tongai is an interesting one because even if he signs he likely goes on a 2 year mormon mission and doesn't comm to campus until 2022. Nebraska LOVES his measurables and he has all sorts of offers. Utah, UCLA and Virginia are among other suitors but I think Utah's experience with handling the Mormon mission deal likely wins out. Who: Utah (CL - 5)

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us closing with 5 more

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like things with Kaden Johnson just went sideways.... wouldn't expect him to be N anymore

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is positive movement concerning Slusher though, not enough to make me change my prediction yet, but I am going to change my confidence level to 1.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is positive movement concerning Slusher though, not enough to make me change my prediction yet, but I am going to change my confidence level to 1.

Wiltfong just put in a crystal ball for the Huskers for Slusher

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to 247, Corcoran, Greene, Gray, Manning, Smothers, Morrison, Gunnerson, Hutmacher, Scott, Butler, Black, Cooper, Riley and Lynum have all signed LOI

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like things with Kaden Johnson just went sideways.... wouldn't expect him to be N anymore
what did that mean anyway?

and yes, he went Wisconsin this morning.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not posting everyone one of these, but these videos are pretty cool:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got on twitter just randomly right when Francois was supposed to decide. apparently Francois was ready to make a decision and he got a phone call and left the table and went back in some hall and was talking with people (I'd assume parents/coaches)

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welll, i probably should stop watching and get back to work. I'm thinking he was set to choose Nebraska and some close family member or something called and said he should go to Miami and now he's torn.

Coaches aren't allowed contact right? so it couldn't be a Husker/Canes coach right?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are having trouble making a decision, just tell people that and say you are going to wait. just seems silly to keep sitting there with cameras on you. go home and think about it. does he have all day? Can people sign like tomorrow? or if it doesn't get done today it has to wait until February?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his mom has Miami gear on, so i'm guessing its the other way. He was set to go Miami and he really wants to go Nebraska but doesn't want to destroy his family like that.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francois has left and they took his name tag off the table. Sounds like no decision today from him.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francois has left and they took his name tag off the table. Sounds like no decision today from him.

Aaaaaand he is back at the table again. :lol:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kid is getting pulled in 1,000 different places... I think he wants to go to Nebraska... his family wants Miami. We shall see... it's his time at the table now. We'll see what he does.