• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect day for it too - travel day in the WS.

Baylor has a great park as well. Looking forward to it.
It is supposed to be really windy.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our top prospects that have yet to crack the Majors and a lot of them are older than Leody Taveras.
A few about the same age and a few a little younger, the few that are younger are considered 2 years away.

I feel Leody was necessarily rushed to the 40 man due to rule 5 and then thrusted to the majors because of his speed and athleticism.

I sure hope we don’t give up on him.
I believe he will have a decent 2022 then go on to be a stud starting in 2023.

He may not ever be a high avg hitter but I think he can draw walks, hit HRs and steal some bases while playing elite defense.

.250/.335/.465 with 25 HRs and 30 SB with his defense would be a legit CF

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our top prospects that have yet to crack the Majors and a lot of them are older than Leody Taveras.
A few about the same age and a few a little younger, the few that are younger are considered 2 years away.

I feel Leody was necessarily rushed to the 40 man due to rule 5 and then thrusted to the majors because of his speed and athleticism.

He may not ever be a high avg hitter but I think he can draw walks, hit HRs and steal some bases while playing elite defense.

He still has work to do defensively as far as reads and composure

Definitely has the tools

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never understood the hype about him. To me, he has been the most overrated prospect since Martin Perez.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never understood the hype about him. To me, he has been the most overrated prospect since Martin Perez.
I think he looks over rated on paper but if you look at his age at each level he’s generally very young compared to his peers and having to play slightly over matched. Eventually his ability and mental aptitude will catch up and he should start to blossom.
In 2019 he put up some very good numbers between A+&AA at the age of 20, while most guys are still in college. Had he been in college that year he would have probably been a first round draft pick.
2020 was a weird year
This year he put up a decent OBP, good power and good speed at AAA in his age 22 season, .800 OPS. He was the youngest player on our AAA team with at least 100 AB.
He would have been tied for the youngest player on the AA team with at least 100 AB as well.
He’s the same age as Justin Foscue and younger than Josh Jung, Sam Huff and Josh Smith.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he looks over rated on paper but if you look at his age at each level he’s generally very young compared to his peers and having to play slightly over matched. Eventually his ability and mental aptitude will catch up and he should start to blossom.
In 2019 he put up some very good numbers between A+&AA at the age of 20, while most guys are still in college. Had he been in college that year he would have probably been a first round draft pick.
2020 was a weird year
This year he put up a decent OBP, good power and good speed at AAA in his age 22 season, .800 OPS. He is younger than Josh Jung. He was the youngest player on our AAA team with at least 100 AB.
I used to have people make the exact same excuses for Perez while he was in the minors. We shall see.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have people make the exact same excuses for Perez while he was in the minors. We shall see.
Touché

Perez was also similar in the sense that he was young for the level he was at.
Perez never had elite tools in my opinion though. He wasn’t a 12 k per 9 type of guy with nasty stuff. He was a lefty with a good change up that was easy to figure out.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touché

Perez was also similar in the sense that he was young for the level he was at.
Perez never had elite tools in my opinion though. He wasn’t a 12 k per 9 type of guy with nasty stuff. He was a lefty with a good change up that was easy to figure out.
Perez had a great change up when he was on.
However injuries and temperament where his downfall.
He would get flustered way too easily and it would lead to big innings. Always a really good start until that bad inning.
So to me he had the tools especially as a lefty just not the composure

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would get flustered way too easily and it would lead to big innings. Always a really good start until that bad inning.
He definitely showed emotion on the mound. Would get rattled so easily. He’d cruise along then walk a guy and give a up a hit and I knew it was all over from there lol

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get he had a decent change up but with low k/9 I never trusted him too much.
Very few pitchers now days can sustain a low ERA and low k/9. Most pitchers with low ERA have high k/9.
Out of the top 30 67% had a k/9 of 9 or better. The majority of the ones who didn’t have a high k/9 and ended up having a low era had a high xERA which usually equates to luck or a stellar defense. Those players usually have a higher ERA the next year.
Marcus Stroman is probably an exception to this rule.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday news

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get he had a decent change up but with low k/9 I never trusted him too much.
Very few pitchers now days can sustain a low ERA and low k/9. Most pitchers with low ERA have high k/9.
Out of the top 30 67% had a k/9 of 9 or better. The majority of the ones who didn’t have a high k/9 and ended up having a low era had a high xERA which usually equates to luck or a stellar defense. Those players usually have a higher ERA the next year.
Marcus Stroman is probably an exception to this rule.
I like strike outs, but I like letting your fielders do their fair share too. I believe that it was Hearn who said this year that making that change in his thinking led to more success for him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see one of our young SS prospects become the future CF for us. If, and that is understandably a big "if", we sign a FA shortstop and Foscue is our future 2B then that leaves both Smith and Duran without a big league position on our team. I would like to see one or both of them used in the OF unless or until, Foscue becomes a DH.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see one of our young SS prospects become the future CF for us. If, and that is understandably a big "if", we sign a FA shortstop and Foscue is our future 2B then that leaves both Smith and Duran without a big league position on our team. I would like to see one or both of them used in the OF unless or until, Foscue becomes a DH.
Aw man I was hoping to have Story at SS, Seager at 3B and Jung at 2B over the next 2 years then move Seager to 1B, Story to 3B, Duran/Acuna to SS and leave Jung at 2B.
With Foscue in LF/DH.
I’m joking. Kinda

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like strike outs, but I like letting your fielders do their fair share too. I believe that it was Hearn who said this year that making that change in his thinking led to more success for him.
I really like Hearns repertoire.
He should use his new found sinker low in the zone especially to guys who don’t strike out a lot. Use that 4 seamer up in the zone especially to guys who strike out a lot.
Mixing in the slider and change up to keep them off balance.
He could and probably will see an uptick in his k/9 next year. That’s one thing Woody wants him to work on.
Throwing that slider in and under the hands of right handers and getting the lefties to chase it.
Blowing the fastball by them high in the zone.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Hearns repertoire.
He should use his new found sinker low in the zone especially to guys who don’t strike out a lot. Use that 4 seamer up in the zone especially to guys who strike out a lot.
Mixing in the slider and change up to keep them off balance.
He could and probably will see an uptick in his k/9 next year. That’s one thing Woody wants him to work on.
Throwing that slider in and under the hands of right handers and getting the lefties to chase it.
Blowing the fastball by them high in the zone.
He’d actually probably be better off just dropping the change up all together. Needs to find a way improve vs right handed hitters.
Go with a fastball/sinker and slider combo akin to Lance Lynn.