• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Moreland and no Odor means no Crawler. Lol
When there is little to no expectations even the Crawler has a hard time finding something to bitch about

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't want Gallo back but hopefully he goes somewhere where the media aren't such dicks

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't want Gallo back but hopefully he goes somewhere where the media aren't such dicks
Maybe this will help steer this year's free agents away from New York.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this World Series over quickly and get to the real action.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of comments I've seen online. I don't claim it to be anything beyond that.
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts tells Jorge Castillo of the Los Angeles Times that he’s yet to discuss a contract extension with the team but hopes to do so this offseason. Roberts is under contract through the 2022 campaign already, so the team doesn’t necessarily need to feel any urgency to get a new agreement worked out, although it’s common for managers in good standing with their clubs to ink deals that avoid “lame duck” status (i.e. managing through the final season of a contract with no deal in place the following year). President of baseball operations Andrew Friedman tells Castillo that the Dodgers “fully expect [Roberts] to be a large part of our future success.” While the Dodgers obviously won’t repeat as World Series champions, they still won 106 games during the regular season and, as Castillo profiles, dealt with a significant slate of injuries to various key players throughout the regular season and the playoffs.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Houston. They would have to replace him anyway.

What's going to suck is if Houston signs him to some bonkers ass contract before the Rangers get anyone signed, establishing the market and screwing everyone else.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hope it motivates other players for calling out BS like that
Absolutely! I do believe Joey's career is coming to a early end. Can not imagine another team wanting his offensive numbers at any price. But he does not deserve media freaks kicking him when he is down. He may be bad with the bat but he was never a slacker.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going to suck is if Houston signs him to some bonkers ass contract before the Rangers get anyone signed, establishing the market and screwing everyone else.
Can easily happen.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this World Series over quickly and get to the real action.

maybe it's because I've never experienced a rebuild like this, but damned if I'm not more anxious about this offseason than any before it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the market for Correa is set, or can his WS performance affect it?
I guess it could change slightly, but I would imagine most teams will not change how they evaluate him. I think overall though, it would be hard to know exactly how it plays out. I think the market as a whole could be affected by more players being made free agents due to options not being picked up. If one or two guys re-sign with their current club in the 5 day window, that could affect the market significantly. There are still a lot of moving parts.

I have a hunch that we sign Story. Not sure if my hunches are any better than Wash's gut or not.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading the Astros have a SS in the minors they have interest in but may need a bridge

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it's because I've never experienced a rebuild like this, but damned if I'm not more anxious about this offseason than any before it.
I think the last time I was this excited was way back in 1977. It was strongly rumored that we would sign either Larry Hisle, Lyman Bostock, or Richie Zisk. We had just won 94 games, and one more great hitter would have been huge.

That excitement was dampened when the Commissioner, Bowie Kuhn, said our owner, Brad Corbett, mentioned signing Bostock too early, and threatened tampering charges if we signed him. We settled for Zisk who was a very good hitter, but I would have rather had one of the other two.

Tragically, Bostock wound up getting shot to death less than a year later while on a road trip with the Angels. I have often wondered what the rest of his career would have been like if we had been able to sign him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading the Astros have a SS in the minors they have interest in but may need a bridge
If they don't sign Correa, would that not suggest they don't look to have a repeat season? Taking on IKF as a bridge will not help them repeat.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't sign Correa, would that not suggest they don't look to have a repeat season? Taking on IKF as a bridge will not help them repeat.
I think it is always a question of money.
Corea wants to test the market. Sure they want to keep him. We shall see after WS. Sure there will be a lot of print on this