• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay made some great moves picking up Pagan and Anderson for the pen.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay made some great moves picking up Pagan and Anderson for the pen.

I’ll be disappointed if the Astros post season path is:

Rays, twinkies, Cardinals / Braves/ nats

it seems like their hardest path would be:

A’s, yankees, Dodgers.

I know that you can’t control it, but it always seemed like we drew the hardest or most undesirable matchups while we were a playoff team.

The Astros winning another World Series is worst case scenario for us.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant's take:

Forget Anthony Rendon, who will get something like seven years and $200 million to play third base. The Rangers drafted Texas Tech’s Josh Jung in the first round, and the future belongs to him. Unless Sherten Apostel beats him to the bag. Until one of those two is ready, the Rangers need help now.

Bottom line: If Josh Donaldson or Mike Moustakas isn’t playing third for the Rangers next summer, Daniels has some explaining to do.

Could the Rangers rip Gerrit Cole from the Astros’ rotation? A long shot, but might as well try. A group led by Cole, Minor and Lynn would rank among the league’s best. They’d still need another veteran starter or two, and, fortunately, there are several on the market. The young guys in house don’t seem ready for a full season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you rooting for: A's or Rays
Yankees or Twins
It doesn't really matter to me. The Rangers have played so poorly for so long now that I really can't gather much angst even for our division opponents. So, I don't really have any other teams that I like to pull for and I don't have any teams to hate to pull against.

Just get it over and get to the offseason and free agency.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking why Rendon and Josh D would want to leave their teams to play for the Rangers. Would think there is a more open pitching market than 3B. Maybe a trade is in order

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, here's where my rooting interest lies:

AL: Rays, Twins, Yankees, Asstros.
NL: Braves, Nats, Dodgers, Shitbirds.

Would like to see the Rays make it to the series, but a lot would have to break their way. Pulling for the Braves to win it all.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant's take:

Forget Anthony Rendon, who will get something like seven years and $200 million to play third base. The Rangers drafted Texas Tech’s Josh Jung in the first round, and the future belongs to him. Unless Sherten Apostel beats him to the bag. Until one of those two is ready, the Rangers need help now.

Bottom line: If Josh Donaldson or Mike Moustakas isn’t playing third for the Rangers next summer, Daniels has some explaining to do.

Could the Rangers rip Gerrit Cole from the Astros’ rotation? A long shot, but might as well try. A group led by Cole, Minor and Lynn would rank among the league’s best. They’d still need another veteran starter or two, and, fortunately, there are several on the market. The young guys in house don’t seem ready for a full season.
Still thinking the Rangers need to be in the mix for Rendon instead of Donaldson and Moustakas.

Agree about Cole as the keynote starter and I would look at Wacha on a 1 + 1 contract. I still think Allard can be our #4 or 5 on opening day with Burke and Palumbo there at AAA in case he falters.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking why Rendon and Josh D would want to leave their teams to play for the Rangers. Would think there is a more open pitching market than 3B. Maybe a trade is in order
I'm thinking that Rendon turning down 7 years $200+M from the Nats may indicate he wants out of Washington. I think Donaldson was only on a 1 year deal so may move on and Atlanta may let him so that Riley has a spot

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that the Pirates could be looking to move Starling Marte who would solidify the CF position and make it easier to move Gallo to RF. Of course that would mean trading Mazara which I think is going happen

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant's take:

There is no way that Donaldson would be a fit here due to past history against the Rangers and the feelings of our fan base.

It is amazing how our minor league players are sure fire, bonafide future MLB stars. Now Jung could be but we do not know that. How many have we thought that about and it has not turned out that way.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that the Pirates could be looking to move Starling Marte who would solidify the CF position and make it easier to move Gallo to RF. Of course that would mean trading Mazara which I think is going happen
I would be okay with that.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be some thought on extending Gallo and Minor

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we are standing pat in CF if opportunity presents itself. Keep thinking that maybe Santana or FA/trade will present itself while LT is in the wings and will surely be rostered. Gallo is adequate back up and later in year would think Leody would give you what DDJ does and a. It more on defense

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way that Donaldson would be a fit here due to past history against the Rangers and the feelings of our fan base.

It is amazing how our minor league players are sure fire, bonafide future MLB stars. Now Jung could be but we do not know that. How many have we thought that about and it has not turned out that way.
Yeah, he is far from a sure thing. Now if he puts up a great year next year then I could see holding that spot for him. For now, if a Rendon is available you go after him, and make contingency plans for Jung. If Teixeira can be moved to a new position within our system, then Jung can be too.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we are standing pat in CF if opportunity presents itself. Keep thinking that maybe Santana or FA/trade will present itself while LT is in the wings and will surely be rostered. Gallo is adequate back up and later in year would think Leody would give you what DDJ does and a. It more on defense
Does putting Santana there equate to standing pat?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be some thought on extending Gallo and Minor
This team creates a lot of problems when extending players. All we need is another player with the Odor effect.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does putting Santana there equate to standing pat?

Not exactly. If DDJ is defacto starting CF. Then that is 100 % standing pat