• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodard thinks DDJ is of championship quality. Not sure why he thinks that. DDJ is a nice man with a sub-par arm strength. Hope Woody is playing politics.
I read into him saying he could be on a championship team as an elite bench guy when speed is needed. No an elite starter

DDJ sounds like he feels like he had not got a fair shake to start daily

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read into him saying he could be on a championship team as an elite bench guy when speed is needed. No an elite starter

DDJ sounds like he feels like he had not got a fair shake to start daily
Maybe, it is time to trade him to a team where he will feel more appreciated.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly......how much time does one think they deserve to start? He has been in MLB long enough to prove he should be the man and he has not. He has been given more time than anyone I know.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly......how much time does one think they deserve to start? He has been in MLB long enough to prove he should be the man and he has not. He has been given more time than anyone I know.

We do have an OF/DH glut so we need to be involved in the trade market

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I have a more favorable opinion of Delino then odor. At least we’re not paying Delino much of anything and he doesn’t make many boneheaded or embarassing plays.

he does strike out too much and his arm sucks tho. The expectations for him just don’t seem to be that high and he seems to be a harmless placeholder until we hopefully bring in or develop a stud center fielder.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I’m in the minority here, but I have a more favorable opinion of Delino then odor. At least we’re not paying Delino much of anything and he doesn’t make many boneheaded or embarassing plays.

he does strike out too much and his arm sucks tho. The expectations for him just don’t seem to be that high and he seems to be a harmless placeholder until we hopefully bring in or develop a stud center fielder.
He has not proven his worth to be a starting CF. Needs to go. Santana and Gallo( if need be) can do a good job in CF.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure if we have no intention on improving or competing then let's keep DDJ in CF. would he start for any other team, maybe a couple huh?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saying they should consider trading DeShields says nothing at all about Odor though. Those two subjects aren't related in the least to me.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has not proven his worth to be a starting CF. Needs to go. Santana and Gallo( if need be) can do a good job in CF.
Or we could trade Mazara and a package for a good everyday starting CF'er, move Gallo to RF and use Santana as the Super Utility player/DH covering multiple positions and DH. Of course we would have to unload Choo + cash to someone to ensure that Danny gets max time at DH + time at 1B, 2B, SS & OF

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could trade Mazara and a package for a good everyday starting CF'er, move Gallo to RF and use Santana as the Super Utility player/DH covering multiple positions and DH. Of course we would have to unload Choo + cash to someone to ensure that Danny gets max time at DH + time at 1B, 2B, SS & OF
Yes we have options for sure and Choo has and is a problem.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what anyone calls Santana as long as he plays every day. I have no problem with him being our CF. Trout was the only AL CF with a higher OPS than Santana this year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what anyone calls Santana as long as he plays every day. I have no problem with him being our CF. Trout was the only AL CF with a higher OPS than Santana this year.
No argument about Santana I could see him playing 140 to 150 games but I think DH would cover at least 90 to 100 of those with him getting the rest at the infield and outfield positions giving other players days off or then DHing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument about Santana I could see him playing 140 to 150 games but I think DH would cover at least 90 to 100 of those with him getting the rest at the infield and outfield positions giving other players days off or then DHing.
As we get closer to contention we should have players who only need a handful of days off. Teams with holes in the lineup need super utility guys. When those holes are filled guys either play every day at a given position, or, as bench players, they sit for most of the season, except for injury replacement.

As long as we are preparing for the future we need to find out if Santana can handle playing a given position.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we get closer to contention we should have players who only need a handful of days off. Teams with holes in the lineup need super utility guys. When those holes are filled guys either play every day at a given position, or, as bench players, they sit for most of the season, except for injury replacement.

As long as we are preparing for the future we need to find out if Santana can handle playing a given position.
I believe Santana should be in CF full time since Odor and Solak will handle 2B.
IKF as UIF and he and Choo bench/DH.
You are right about Santana ability to handle a given position.
Trades could easily alter this.