• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he opts out in 21 months we can get him then.
according to reports the Cardinals are offering Matt Liberatore LHP, Dakota Hudson RHP, Carlos Martinez RHP and Tyler O'Neill OF. I think the Rockies will take it

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to reports the Cardinals are offering Matt Liberatore LHP, Dakota Hudson RHP, Carlos Martinez RHP and Tyler O'Neill OF. I think the Rockies will take it

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can he still opt out in 21 months?
This is all speculation. Some say alter the opt out date and give an extra year

A lot of teams besides Rangers would want to get him but it is pure speculation that he even wants to leave

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we could have topped that without getting carried away.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price for Arenado shows why it was of utmost importance to pursue Rendon in earnest. You cannot go cheap and acquire talent. In the end it costs you even more when you try to make up for a huge mistake.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price for Arenado shows why it was of utmost importance to pursue Rendon in earnest. You cannot go cheap and acquire talent. In the end it costs you even more when you try to make up for a huge mistake.

seemed like everything lined up perfectly for the rangers to get rendon.

we lowballed him and that’s that.

boras won’t take any bullshit. The guy is a jackass, but he knows what his guys are worth and what they can get. You can’t fool boras. You just gotta pay the devil.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seemed like everything lined up perfectly for the rangers to get rendon.

we lowballed him and that’s that.

boras won’t take any bullshit. The guy is a jackass, but he knows what his guys are worth and what they can get. You can’t fool boras. You just gotta pay the devil.
we pretty much lowball every player

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD knows that. IMO he never intended to go after a high dollar 3B.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we pretty much lowball every player
Maybe they learned a lesson or two from the A-Rod/Fielder/Choo deals. Still, one would think lessons learned would have taught them something like the best don't come cheap. Anyway I have almost given up on the idea of this ownership really wanting another shot at a WC. Otherwise we would/should be seeing Rendon at 3B.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they learned a lesson or two from the A-Rod/Fielder/Choo deals. Still, one would think lessons learned would have taught them something like the best don't come cheap. Anyway I have almost given up on the idea of this ownership really wanting another shot at a WC. Otherwise we would/should be seeing Rendon at 3B.
There are great lessons to be learned form those three deals, but none of them should have applied to Rendon.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are great lessons to be learned form those three deals, but none of them should have applied to Rendon.
I disagree. A-Rod is still haunting them and JD is scared to go that big again so yes it did apply.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. A-Rod is still haunting them and JD is scared to go that big again so yes it did apply.
The key word I used is "should."

The lessons they learned from those other deals can be learned and heeded without keeping us from signing Rendon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

With the likelihood of a Nolan Arenado trade dimming by the day, the Rangers on Sunday, acted to fill one of their pressing needs by agreeing to terms with right-handed hitting infielder Todd Frazier, a source said. Terms of the deal, which is still pending a physical, were not immediately clear.

Frazier could be Part I of a two-part move to balance the lineup with more right-handed hitters. The Rangers have been talking to free agent Nicholas Castellanos about a deal, as well. Castellanos is primarily an outfielder, but has shown a willingness to play first base.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key word I used is "should."

The lessons they learned from those other deals can be learned and heeded without keeping us from signing Rendon.
But he didn't sign him and there can only be two reasons. Fear of getting slammed as like the A-rod deal or not enough money which is not the case imo. In any case, they did not sign him and if not from lessons learned than what. Spending other people's money is easy.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

With the likelihood of a Nolan Arenado trade dimming by the day, the Rangers on Sunday, acted to fill one of their pressing needs by agreeing to terms with right-handed hitting infielder Todd Frazier, a source said. Terms of the deal, which is still pending a physical, were not immediately clear.

Frazier could be Part I of a two-part move to balance the lineup with more right-handed hitters. The Rangers have been talking to free agent Nicholas Castellanos about a deal, as well. Castellanos is primarily an outfielder, but has shown a willingness to play first base.

it’s what I’ve been saying for the last week. Get Frazier, castellanos, and one more reliever who can make the roster than call it a day.

is it exciting ? No

but we can’t run IKF and condor out there for 150+ games each with the garbage stats they put up last year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't sign him and there can only be two reasons. Fear of getting slammed as like the A-rod deal or not enough money which is not the case imo. In any case, they did not sign him and if not from lessons learned than what. Spending other people's money is easy.
It was trying to be cheap and trying too hard to find a bargain. Some stubbornness, some ignorance, and some thinking he was a better negotiator than he actually is all played into it. Pride had a lot to do with it as well. He wanted to be able to say, he got his man and didn't even have to go 7 years. It all amounts to foolishness.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal reportsthat it’s a one-year, $5MM guarantee that includes a club option for a second year. Frazier will collect a $3.5MM salary in 2020 with a $5.75MM option for 2021 that comes with a $1.5MM buyout, per Mark Feinsand of MLB.com. The deal is pending a physical.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak should start the year playing 2B for Nashville.