• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2018-2019 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you called them a dead team which could also be used to describe the Rangers over the next couple of years. my point is that even if Seattle is a "dead" team over the next couple of years they will still be better than us
Whether they will be better than us or not I don't know, but they are still going to he bad enough that it is a head scratcher that Kikuchi would want to play there. How bad we are going to be is completely irrelevant in that regard.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really understood your evaluations of how baseball transactions should work, beyond the foundation of "it doesn't make sense to me, so it's stupid."
You have a problem with me because I don't agree with you on certain issues and therefore, I must be stupid. That is it plain and simple. That is why even something like this has you showing antagonism towards my opinion. You let it carry over to other issues like this one.

Even if I don't understand why a guy would want to sign with an awful team and why a team in a tear down mode would sign him you say you don't understand. Lol. You appear to be looking for a reason to disagree with me. Go ahead and think I am illogical if that helps. At least, it is amusing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had stated my reservations about signing Kikuchi previously, and because of those reservations I am glad we didn't sign him. It would take a very special situation for it to make sense for us to sign a FA pitcher for longer than 2 years this offseason.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether they will be better than us or not I don't know, but they are still going to he bad enough that it is a head scratcher that Kikuchi would want to play there. How bad we are going to be is completely irrelevant in that regard.
Don't argue your point about Kikuchi but the projected West 2019 standing still indicate the Texas finishes behind Astros, A's, Angel's and the Mariners.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't argue your point about Kikuchi but the projected West 2019 standing still indicate the Texas finishes behind Astros, A's, Angel's and the Mariners.
Not really breaking news but likely correct.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be just fine. It would make the 2020 first round draft pick even better. One or two slots can sometimes make a huge difference.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a problem with me because I don't agree with you on certain issues and therefore, I must be stupid. That is it plain and simple. That is why even something like this has you showing antagonism towards my opinion. You let it carry over to other issues like this one.

Even if I don't understand why a guy would want to sign with an awful team and why a team in a tear down mode would sign him you say you don't understand. Lol. You appear to be looking for a reason to disagree with me. Go ahead and think I am illogical if that helps. At least, it is amusing.

I'm not calling you stupid or saying you're wrong. Certainly not just because I don't agree with you. I couldn't care less if you or anyone here agrees with me on any topic whatsoever.

All I'm saying is that most of the time, your opinions don't make any sense to me. You always explain your thought process and your reasoning, and I'm usually wondering why you factor in some things and ignore other things. That's all. It's not me being antagonistic, it's me not understanding your logic. Like Kikuchi signing with the Mariners. I hear that, and it makes a ton of sense to me. It obviously didn't for you.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not calling you stupid or saying you're wrong. Certainly not just because I don't agree with you. I couldn't care less if you or anyone here agrees with me on any topic whatsoever.

All I'm saying is that most of the time, your opinions don't make any sense to me. You always explain your thought process and your reasoning, and I'm usually wondering why you factor in some things and ignore other things. That's all. It's not me being antagonistic, it's me not understanding your logic. Like Kikuchi signing with the Mariners. I hear that, and it makes a ton of sense to me. It obviously didn't for you.

To be fair, this kind of conversation is going on with mariner fans as well.

A guy who is 27 can probably be a contributor in the next good Texas or Mariners team.

But it's still an interesting investment when the Mariners were basically dumping payroll before.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, this kind of conversation is going on with mariner fans as well.

A guy who is 27 can probably be a contributor in the next good Texas or Mariners team.

But it's still an interesting investment when the Mariners were basically dumping payroll before.
Yes, most are puzzled by the Mariners signing him from what I have read.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Ranger Justin Grimm goes to the Indians on a minor league deal.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, most are puzzled by the Mariners signing him from what I have read.

More Japanese tv viewers and sponsors certainly help. Plus if he is as good as advertised he can be trade bait in a year or two.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Japanese tv viewers and sponsors certainly help. Plus if he is as good as advertised he can be trade bait in a year or two.

Contracts are just commodities especially in Seattles case. They are betting he is a solid 3 and if so he is tradeable especially with that GM. If he is real good the extension is a steal. I wish the Rangers were more like this at times although we did well on Chavez and might do well on Minor.

I have not watched a lot of video like I did on Darvish. I get though the next big signing whenwe contend could be a 1 or 2 SP

FYI. I would not slot us automatically behind Seattle this year. Sometimes players overachieve for new coaches

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts are just commodities especially in Seattles case. They are betting he is a solid 3 and if so he is tradeable especially with that GM. If he is real good the extension is a steal. I wish the Rangers were more like this at times although we did well on Chavez and might do well on Minor. I have not watched a lot of video like I did on Darvish. I get though the next big signing whenwe contend could be a 1 or 2 SP FYI. I would not slot us automatically behind Seattle this year. Sometimes players overachieve for new coaches

When Wash came aboard we lost 5 more games than we did under Buck the previous year, for what that's worth.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wash came aboard we lost 5 more games than we did under Buck the previous year, for what that's worth.

Thanks.....Un-Apologist. Ha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like all those moves. Especially Montero.

You still need to fill 9 innings for 162 games. And Montero has some upside despite his injury

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rangers: Bubba Thompson, OF, (TEX No. 10) Thompson's plus-plus speed also served him well in football, where he drew Southeastern Conference scholarship offers and quarterbacked McGill-Toolen High to the 2016 Alabama state 7-A championship game with 3,860 all-purpose yards and 43 touchdowns. The 26th overall choice in the 2017 Draft, he placed third in the low Class A South Atlantic League with 32 steals this season despite playing in just 84 games. Likely 2019 level: Class A Advanced Down East

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rangers: Bubba Thompson, OF, (TEX No. 10) Thompson's plus-plus speed also served him well in football, where he drew Southeastern Conference scholarship offers and quarterbacked McGill-Toolen High to the 2016 Alabama state 7-A championship game with 3,860 all-purpose yards and 43 touchdowns. The 26th overall choice in the 2017 Draft, he placed third in the low Class A South Atlantic League with 32 steals this season despite playing in just 84 games. Likely 2019 level: Class A Advanced Down East
I think they have Bubba too low at #10.