• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Monthy article..great read, pretty funny

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a pretty good read for sports fans. Dan Jenkins has been a sports writer since the 40's and pretty much doesn't care what people say, seen a lot through writing for decades....

Not Just Semi-Opinionated | Texas Monthly

JS: When did that shift begin?

DJ: It started with television. And then it just grew from there, while my back was turned. The athletic directors became CEOs instead of travel agents. Title IX came along and changed a lot of things for the better, but nevertheless, it meant that money became more important. If we gotta send the girl’s archery team to Hawaii, where we gonna get that f—in’ money?

JS: I would’ve loved to read the Dan Jenkins lede on the Alabama-A&M game two years ago.

DJ: I would’ve liked to have been there. The SEC is where it’s really crazy, because they have nothing else in life. Just think about it, what in the name of God would Alabama be without the University of Alabama? What would Oklahoma be without the University of Oklahoma? Nothing. That’s why those people are so rabid.

JS: You’ve said some pretty rough things about Tiger on Twitter. You think we pamper athletes today?

DJ: Sure we do. They’re spoiled. They’re rich. It’s hard to keep that competitive drive when you’re making $5 million a year for doing nothing. You used to have to win. It’s too bad. I think greed is the greatest detriment, not that we all don’t want to be comfortable, but some of the money people make for doing nothing is absurd. Not just rock stars and rappers. The only thing that I’m happy about is the coaching salaries. Those coaches that make all that money, I like that. You know why? Because it makes all those f—ing liberals in the faculty lounge crazy; it pisses them off.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'It makes all those f_____g liberals in the faculty lounge crazy; it pisses them off."