• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is ND’s athletic director retarded?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause everybody gets whipped by Clemson save Alabama and a loaded OSU team last year.
Yeah, well ND should have taken their whipping in a CCG to clear the path for a team with a shot. And they got whipped 30-3 by a team that USC put up 35 points on (w/ Jake Bentley throwing for 510 yards and 5 TD's).
I love this shit. Fans of college football also rans mock ND for making games their favorite team will never compete in because ND gets worked by a great team.
Deflection, but everybody 'loves' defensive Domer Homers, so I want to thank you on behalf of football fans everywhere.
South Carolina would love the opportunity to get worked by a playoff team. Instead they just get worked by the likes of Kentucky.
And if ND played in the SEC, they'd be getting worked by Bama, UF, UGA, et al. It's tough, man.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dames road to a college football playoff blowout began last night!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well ND should have taken their whipping in a CCG to clear the path for a team with a shot. And they got whipped 30-3 by a team that USC put up 35 points on (w/ Jake Bentley throwing for 510 yards and 5 TD's).

Deflection, but everybody 'loves' defensive Domer Homers, so I want to thank you on behalf of football fans everywhere.

And if ND played in the SEC, they'd be getting worked by Bama, UF, UGA, et al. It's tough, man.
So ND should play in a CCG despite not playing a full conference slate? Not sure if the ACC is gonna like that. South Cackalacky plays in the weaker SEC East. Vandy Tennessee Kentucky are auto wins and ND showed they could compete with Georgia and Florida would likely present the same circumstance. ND gets worked by elite SEC teams, not also rans like Kentucky.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, ND plays a schedule that is as difficult as any. Start with NO FCS teams. Over the years, it has been So. Cal, Stanford, 2 Big Ten teams, a Big 12, an SEC, 2 ACC, a Mac, team, another independent (BYU at times) and Navy. The final game is either another Pac 12, or ACC. That's nine Power 5 teams (sometimes 10) and always Navy.
Now they play, 5 ACC, 2 Pac 12, 2 Big 10, Cincinnati (soon to be ACC) Navy and Toledo (usually a top MAC contender). How is that a "cherry picked schedule"?
And of course no FCS (Mercer, Citadel, no directional schools).
Like I say, the new format makes the CCG's somewhat less important. But in that system, there have been some top-flight teams like Auburn and UGA who got eliminated in the SECCG. The half-membership just gave the Irish an advantage under that system.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dames road to a college football playoff blowout began last night!
Not this year. This year is all about preparing for next year. ND will split the Wisconsin North Carolina Cincinnati USC stretch and finish 10-2 this year.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ND should play in a CCG despite not playing a full conference slate? Not sure if the ACC is gonna like that. South Cackalacky plays in the weaker SEC East. Vandy Tennessee Kentucky are auto wins and ND showed they could compete with Georgia and Florida would likely present the same circumstance. ND gets worked by elite SEC teams, not also rans like Kentucky.
Well, more data is needed, but looking back at that same year (2018), ND beat Vandy 22-17, and the 'Dores lost to every team in the SECE by more than that except Mizzou (by 5) and Tennessee (who they beat). This I can tell you: if ND played in the SECE, they would lose more games than if they played in the ACC Beach division or whatever it is.

And again, I'm not defending USC's FB team the last 6 years, they've generally sucked except for 1 of them. KY has won 5 of the last 6, but before that we had 13 out of 14 against them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping for 11-1 but 9-3 is more likely lol
I will say this, ND pass game was a breath of fresh air not seen with Book. The ball was stretched down the field and as it turns out, ND has some bullets at the skill positions in Austin Lenzi and Wilkinson. That catch by Wilkinson was big time. I think Coan may be better than I thought. Further proof that Wisconsin blows at assessing and fully developing QBs. That’s the best I’ve ever seen Coan play and he still has work he can do in cutting out mistakes. Pretty pleased with the pass game.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, ND pass game was a breath of fresh air not seen with Book. The ball was stretched down the field and as it turns out, ND has some bullets at the skill positions in Austin Lenzi and Wilkinson. That catch by Wilkinson was big time. I think Coan may be better than I thought. Further proof that Wisconsin blows at assessing and fully developing QBs. That’s the best I’ve ever seen Coan play and he still has work he can do in cutting out mistakes. Pretty pleased with the pass game.

Yeah i was satisfied with the offense. No real complaints but defense was a huge disappointment

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, more data is needed, but looking back at that same year (2018), ND beat Vandy 22-17, and the 'Dores lost to every team in the SECE by more than that except Mizzou (by 5) and Tennessee (who they beat). This I can tell you: if ND played in the SECE, they would lose more games than if they played in the ACC Beach division or whatever it is.

And again, I'm not defending USC's FB team the last 6 years, they've generally sucked except for 1 of them. KY has won 5 of the last 6, but before that we had 13 out of 14 against them.
I get it. The biggest conference honks among college football fans are the also rans. They like to hype their conference because their squad never accomplishes much of anything. In order for them to get good with that, they hype this idea that if only they were in some other conference they’d be decent or adequate. Totally get it. Fans often have to play mental gymnastics like this in order to mitigate the harshness of reality.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Sadly Brian is no John McKay

Brian Kelly jokes Notre Dame players ‘need to be executed’ after thrilling win​

Haha, BK needs to understand that he’s not funny. He’s a cringey level of socially awkward when he tries to crack jokes.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, BK needs to understand that he’s not funny. He’s a cringey level of socially awkward when he tries to crack jokes.

Poor Brian. He tries but is just THAT guy who tells a joke and everyone just stands there and stares at him.

I do recall spitting out my drink at this one at the BCS Championship game

ESPN's sideline reporter, Heather Cox, had a gem of a question for Kelly as he came off the field: "Where do the fixes need to come in the second half?"

Kelly's response? Well, maybe if Alabama forgets about coming back out of the locker room…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i was satisfied with the offense. No real complaints but defense was a huge disappointment
Defense was fine until they took the foot off the gas. I was so pissed at Freeman last night. He gets worked on a 14 play drive playing that 3 man front. Ok. I get it. Play coverage, keep it in front of you, make them run clock if they want to score. But after it’s 38-28, he needs to go back to the 4 man front and he didn’t. No excuses for a high level DC to experience that and not at least change it up. It was stubborn and stupid. But he comes with a strong reputation, hopefully as players are to learn from their mistakes, he should learn as well.

Didn’t know you were an ND fan. Pretty cool.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Brian. He tries but is just THAT guy who tells a joke and everyone just stands there and stares at him.

I do recall spitting out my drink at this one at the BCS Championship game

ESPN's sideline reporter, Heather Cox, had a gem of a question for Kelly as he came off the field: "Where do the fixes need to come in the second half?"

Kelly's response? Well, maybe if Alabama forgets about coming back out of the locker room…
He shit the bed in the lead up to that game with no hitting or live tackling in bowl prep. I think Eddie Lacy plastered every man on that defense plus Manti Teo’s fake girlfriend

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmaoo that shit was hilarious
I live in Penn State country so I was catching major shit that night from friends. My wife’s uncle kept blowing up my home phone (who still calls on the home phone?). Dude leaves 6 messages through the course of the game where he just said “Roll Tide!” And hung up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, ND plays a schedule that is as difficult as any.

^^^This^^^

Yes, as an independent, they avoid CCG's. But, imo, they make up for it by always having a challenging schedule. They could load it up with cupcakes, but they don't. As long as that continues, I see no reason to not include them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

Yes, as an independent, they avoid CCG's. But, imo, they make up for it by always having a challenging schedule. They could load it up with cupcakes, but they don't. As long as that continues, I see no reason to not include them.

Yep exactly

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shit the bed in the lead up to that game with no hitting or live tackling in bowl prep. I think Eddie Lacy plastered every man on that defense plus Manti Teo’s fake girlfriend

My daughter was at the game and a ND fan was next to her. We say "Roll Tide" after every 1st down. By the end of the half, he turned to her and said, "I need more beer. A LOT more beer. Can I buy you a beer? I can't hear RT again without more beer".

She doesn't drink beer but thanked him anyway.