• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is ND’s athletic director retarded?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At worst I’d say yes. At best, he’s stuck in a different time. Nobody goes on the road into a tough environment week one. It’s fucking stupid. We don’t need the money, we have nothing to prove. It makes no fucking sense. Stay at home and play Oklahoma, play Nebraska, play Tulane if you have too. Don’t travel across the country and play on the road.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At worst I’d say yes. At best, he’s stuck in a different time. Nobody goes on the road into a tough environment week one. It’s fucking stupid. We don’t need the money, we have nothing to prove. It makes no fucking sense. Stay at home and play Oklahoma, play Nebraska, play Tulane if you have too. Don’t travel across the country and play on the road.
Dude…that’s not what they should be focused on at all. But since we’re here, ND is 1-0 with arguably their toughest road game taken care of (other contender is @VT).

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shocking....a Domer pussing out about scheduling.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want to play the ACC games, then go independent instead of this half-ass bullshit.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, you don’t want any part of Oklahoma. Be glad you haven’t had to play that offense in this slight resurgence you have had.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, you don’t want any part of Oklahoma. Be glad you haven’t had to play that offense in this slight resurgence you have had.
But the OU defense would give it right back. Despite ND getting boat raced by Alabama last season they actually held Alabama to their lowest point total of the season. I don’t think ND is scared of Oklahoma. It seems like when the big playoff lights come on, both teams shit the bed.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the OU defense would give it right back. Despite ND getting boat raced by Alabama last season they actually held Alabama to their lowest point total of the season. I don’t think ND is scared of Oklahoma. It seems like when the big playoff lights come on, both teams shit the bed.
Just wait and watch as OU moves into the SEC.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give ND credit for opening with a tough game on the road, but in the spirit of the OP there is really no reason to do so. OU has kind of led the movement to play a tougher non conference schedule, but that doesn’t mean it’s always smart.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait and watch as OU moves into the SEC.
I watched that defense the other day. Woof. Same problems. Can’t play off blocks. Can’t tackle. Can’t play with leverage in run fits. Can’t cover. The good news is you guys have won 6 years in a row in that conference despite having no defense. At the same time, it’s why OU is a playoff bye for their opponent every year (like my Irish when they get there).

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you're going to lose, you want it to be in week 1. And no one thought FSU was gonna get decent this quick. They've got some speed at the skill positions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone except Ohio State been shitting the bed in the playoffs when they had to face Bama and Clemson

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know……

FSU was probably tougher than tulane, and look what they almost did……

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that defense the other day. Woof. Same problems. Can’t play off blocks. Can’t tackle. Can’t play with leverage in run fits. Can’t cover. The good news is you guys have won 6 years in a row in that conference despite having no defense. At the same time, it’s why OU is a playoff bye for their opponent every year (like my Irish when they get there).
I guess you weren’t paying attention at the end of the season last year, that’s ok. There is no reason why this defense won’t be even better. No excuse for not being ready to play, I’m more concerned with the offense honestly.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know……

FSU was probably tougher than tulane, and look what they almost did……
Lmfao at people after one week, fn hilarious.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I see it the other way. Independents shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs. ND's cherry-picking allows them to circumvent CCG's.
I don’t know that South Cackalacky fans need to worry their pretty little heads over things like playoffs. Despite not being in a conference i believe ND has as many conference championships as South Carolina in their history. Maybe I’m off. Maybe they won a conference once.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know that South Cackalacky fans need to worry their pretty little heads over things like playoffs. Despite not being in a conference i believe ND has as many conference championships as South Carolina in their history. Maybe I’m off. Maybe they won a conference once.
Think we won the ACC in 1969, but that's not really the topic. Granted, CCG's will become less relevant if the NCAA sticks with the current format, so maybe my observation will become outmoded.

But ND did backdoor its way into the playoffs a couple of years ago, only to get whipped by Climpsun. They should have been filtered out before that by playing them in the ACCCG.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we won the ACC in 1969, but that's not really the topic. Granted, CCG's will become less relevant if the NCAA sticks with the current format, so maybe my observation will become outmoded.

But ND did backdoor its way into the playoffs a couple of years ago, only to get whipped by Climpsun. They should have been filtered out before that by playing them in the ACCCG.
Cause everybody gets whipped by Clemson save Alabama and a loaded OSU team last year. I love this shit. Fans of college football also rans mock ND for making games their favorite team will never compete in because ND gets worked by a great team. South Carolina would love the opportunity to get worked by a playoff team. Instead they just get worked by the likes of Kentucky.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I see it the other way. Independents shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs. ND's cherry-picking allows them to circumvent CCG's.
Historically, ND plays a schedule that is as difficult as any. Start with NO FCS teams. Over the years, it has been So. Cal, Stanford, 2 Big Ten teams, a Big 12, an SEC, 2 ACC, a Mac, team, another independent (BYU at times) and Navy. The final game is either another Pac 12, or ACC. That's nine Power 5 teams (sometimes 10) and always Navy.
Now they play, 5 ACC, 2 Pac 12, 2 Big 10, Cincinnati (soon to be ACC) Navy and Toledo (usually a top MAC contender). How is that a "cherry picked schedule"?
And of course no FCS (Mercer, Citadel, no directional schools).