• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas @ Iowa St

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a piece of shit program.

original.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State deserved to lose. You can't commit that many defensive penalties. Spoiled a good effort by their offense.
I just saw the highlights and the only complaint I have is the PI on the ball that was uncatchable out of bounds.

Also, the Niners win the Super Bowl last year with these refs

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be like Duke or WF playing Southern Cal or Texas to a standstill. Astonishing.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Head Referee had a DEFINITE texas twang.

Paul Rhodes can complain about that goal line fumble in my opinion. That was a fumble, the whistle BLEW after the linebacker, 52, stole it and ran from the pile. On the replays you could hear the whistle blow after George had the ball and was running out of the pile.

Paul Rhodes can't complain about all of the other penalties. I thought all of the pass interference penalties were pass interference.

The comments in the link from Doctor Krieger are a good read on how all teams fanbases that left the Big 12 feel about leaving the Big 12.

Bill Byrne the A&M AD and his tweet. Mangino, ex Kansas coach and his statement from 2006. Tommy Tuberville and his statement in 2010 that got him reprimanded by Commissioner Beebe.

Occupant, thanks for posting the video of GREG BURKS fist pumping. I have talked about this video a lot as I saw it way back when, and Greg Burks was the official that the Big 12 sent to be the head referee when Nebraska played Texas and Texas A&M in 2010.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is a young team for the most part. I think they'll win but in the Cotton Bowl strange things happen sometimes in that game.

This. As I pointed out, earlier, a Boo Blake coached team beat Texas and it had to be one of the biggest upsets in the series history.

Besides, OU still has to take care of business this weekend....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We are Texas!"
-
We were Texas.. And I have spoken on this play. It was a complete embarrassment. Mack and the Big 12 should suspend him. That was a ridiculous act of cowardice.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Head Referee had a DEFINITE texas twang.

Paul Rhodes can complain about that goal line fumble in my opinion. That was a fumble, the whistle BLEW after the linebacker, 52, stole it and ran from the pile. On the replays you could hear the whistle blow after George had the ball and was running out of the pile.

Paul Rhodes can't complain about all of the other penalties. I thought all of the pass interference penalties were pass interference.

The comments in the link from Doctor Krieger are a good read on how all teams fanbases that left the Big 12 feel about leaving the Big 12.

Bill Byrne the A&M AD and his tweet. Mangino, ex Kansas coach and his statement from 2006. Tommy Tuberville and his statement in 2010 that got him reprimanded by Commissioner Beebe.

Occupant, thanks for posting the video of GREG BURKS fist pumping. I have talked about this video a lot as I saw it way back when, and Greg Burks was the official that the Big 12 sent to be the head referee when Nebraska played Texas and Texas A&M in 2010.

Was it as bad as Nebraska getting a 5th down?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's right.

1. The call tonight.
2. The fumble vs.. OSU last year.
3. The bull shit personnel foul at the end of the last A&M/tu game.
4. Getting time put back on the clock at the end of the Big XII championship game.

That's just a quick list off the top of my head of "questionable" calls that went tu's way recently.

Can you name 4 plays that weat against Texas?

No, he's not.

1. Call tonight - forward progress was stopped. Refs felt the play was over. It's a judgement call, and the player didn't fumble the ball - it was stripped. You can argue it's a bad call but it's not a cut and dry call.

2. NOBODY saw the fumble at OSU last year to make that call.....so it can't be a bad call, now can it? Watch the replay. Show me one ref that clearly sees the ball out before signalling TD.

3. The CLEAR PF at the end of the game. Can you contact a WR in the HEAD when the ball is in the air or when the play is over? NO YOU CAN'T. If the guy pulls up, he doesn't get flagged. That's HIS fault, not the refs.

4. Did the ball hit or not hit with time on the clock? It landed with time STILL on the clock. No ref signalled the game was over, watch the replays. Another good call.

SO what we have here is one questionable call (1) and a bunch of correct calls that fans cried about.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned off the game 3 times, that's how bad I thought it was. It looked like a HS game. McCoy looked much better as a freshman. Just awful last night. It's a miracle we won. Yeah yeah, the refs.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to give UT fans credit, most have denounced the play by Davis and I'd expect nothing less.

Props!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCqE8tMfEs]Coach Mangino no like Ut and their refs - YouTube[/ame]

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to give UT fans credit, most have denounced the play by Davis and I'd expect nothing less.

Props!

It was a chickenshit play, and most UT fans don't like Mike Davis to begin with. He ALWAYS has a big drop in every game when you need him the most.

The play wasn't even run to his side of the field, that's just unexcusable. But Mack NEEDS him, so he'll be out there again next week.

Yet another reason why I have this avatar

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing about this clip is I've never had ANY IDEA what calls he was upset about.

His team gave up a 4th and 18 RUN for a first down, then the (for him) game losing TD pass. WHAT call did he felt cost him the game? The call not to defend VY on a scramble??? The call to leave Tony Jefferson open in the end zone???