• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas @ Iowa St

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska NEVER wanted Beebe. We have discussed this before.

BEEBE hates Nebraska. BEEBE blamed Nebraska for every thing. EVERYTHING. Beebe went out of his way to always say that NEBRASKA was against all of his ideas. On revenue sharing, he ALWAYS says Nebraska, even though TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, and TEXASA&M were all against it.

Now, since you had the 5th down wrong you are also showing that you are making crap up about Nebraska wanting Beebe.

The first Big 12 Commissioner was Steve Hatchell. The Southwest Conference Commissioner that oversaw the destruction of the Southwest Conference. He served the Big 12 until 1998. Nebraska wanted the Big 8 Commissioner, but somehow the vote went 7-5 for Hatchell.

In 1998, Kevin Weiberg became Commissioner. He served until 2007.

IN 2007 Dan Beebe became commissioner. Beebe joined the Big 12 in 2003.

Other candidates were Swarbrick, Britton Banowsky, Wright Waters, Rick Chryst. Nebraska wanted BANOWSKY, because Nebraska already had a problem with Dan Nero Beebe. Banowsky worked for the Big 12 prior to 2002, coincidentally, that was a time frame before Beebe joined the Big 12. Banowsky decided he wanted no part of the Big 12 since he knew he only had Nebraska's support so he removed his name. Banowsky was an Oklahoma grad and his Dad was president of Oklahoma and was part of the Oklahoma Nebraska rivalries in the 1970s and 1980s.

Perlman officially praised the selection of Beebe. Beebe was actually Oklahoma's choice.
I can't remember who Dodds wanted, but it was not Beebe.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlman officially praised the selection of Beebe. Beebe was actually Oklahoma's choice.

Well, Beebe didn't waste any time becoming Dodd's lap dog.

Wrong, bringing it up does not make you a troll.
Arguing that the replay decision was wrong makes you a troll.

I contended that it was a questionable call and that if it was any other team, the play wouldn't have been reviewed.

I presented a list of questionale calls in conference games that all went in the longhorns favor. I asked for some questionale calls that went against Texas. I'm still waiting for one. It will probably be a while. If ever.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a non-call. During the K State game this season, there was a punt by Texas. During the runback, there were 3 blocks in the back by K State that weren't called. The blocks were obvious.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the best you got? Missed blocking in the back on a punt? Are you sure you don't use a missed holding call on the O-Line?

How about a questionable call in a game Texas didn't win by double digits. A questionable call that had a significant impact on the out come of the game that went against Texas. I'm still waiting.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the best you got? Missed blocking in the back on a punt? Are you sure you don't use a missed holding call on the O-Line?

How about a questionable call in a game Texas didn't win by double digits. A questionable call that had a significant impact on the out come of the game that went against Texas. I'm still waiting.

I could list a litany of calls.

2008 RRSO, OU's first TD he never got in. On their 4th TD there was an illegal man downfield blocking. The punter faking that he got hit when no one touched him.

How about KSU two years ago, before half, Texas punts......fair catch called, and the receiver muffs the catch......Texas recovers, but they flag Texas for kick - catch interference when NOBODY touched the receiver or came within a yard of him. KSU scores with the added field position and that turned out to be the difference in the game.

For you to sit here and say Texas never has critical calls go against them is about the dumbest thing you could post.....about ANY team. It shows you either don't have a functioning brain, or your bias is just that bad.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could list a litany of calls.

2008 RRSO, OU's first TD he never got in. On their 4th TD there was an illegal man downfield blocking. The punter faking that he got hit when no one touched him.

How about KSU two years ago, before half, Texas punts......fair catch called, and the receiver muffs the catch......Texas recovers, but they flag Texas for kick - catch interference when NOBODY touched the receiver or came within a yard of him. KSU scores with the added field position and that turned out to be the difference in the game.

For you to sit here and say Texas never has critical calls go against them is about the dumbest thing you could post.....about ANY team. It shows you either don't have a functioning brain, or your bias is just that bad.

I can remember at least 2 terrible personal fouls called on OU for allegedly hitting Colt out of bounds when replays just did not bear it out on either one.

jes sayin....

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And PERLMAN was chairman of the Big 12 at the time and when you are chairman you speak for the Conference.

Brady Deaton of Missouri was Chairman of the Big 12 during the Longhorn Network meltdown that caused A&M to leave, that caused Missouri to leave, and that caused Oklahoma to shock the world on September 3, 2011 when Oklahoma wanted to leave.

Here is what Brady Deaton said on Septemeber 23, 2011

"Chancellor Brady Deaton affirmed his school’s loyalty to the Big 12 in a news conference on Thursday, moments after joining fellow league members in accepting the resignation of Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe in a teleconference. Beebe came under fire for failing to keep the conference together after Nebraska left for the Big Ten and Colorado left for the Pac-12 last summer. Texas A&M plans to leave by next July for the Southeastern Conference."

On October 4, 2011 BRADY DEATON resigned. Then, Missouri left the Big 12.

To say that Perlman praised Beebe is true, so you can argue that Brady Deaton also said Missouri was committed to the Big 12. How did that turn out?

You can also say that the Longhorn Network has caused no problems in the Big 12. Just ask Missouri, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech.

Did you know that three weeks ago, DODDS and the University of Texas DENIED that Dodds was retiring. I bet you believe that too since both the UT and DODDS said he was not retiring. Dodds was even on the Dallas Morning news DENYING it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember at least 2 terrible personal fouls called on OU for allegedly hitting Colt out of bounds when replays just did not bear it out on either one.

jes sayin....

IJS.....dude asked for examples, I provided them. That 2008 game was great, but those officials fucked up at least 6 calls I can remember on both sides of the coin. It was a great game with awful officiating.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
droop is biased, his hatred of Texas colors his thinking. Husker fans are similar in that they can't let go of the past.

AFA questionable calls and non-calls, they happen. As a former athlete I accept it, it is just part of the game. Whining about calls that happened in the past is useless.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
droop is biased, his hatred of Texas colors his thinking. Husker fans are similar in that they can't let go of the past.

AFA questionable calls and non-calls, they happen. As a former athlete I accept it, it is just part of the game. Whining about calls that happened in the past is useless.

explain that to some of yer boys.

I was just countering.

If I really wanted to be pissed at a call in the OU v UT series, it would be the waved off INT by Stansberry in the 84 OU v UT game. Replays clearly showed it was an oskie and the BIG 8 later admitted it was a blown call.

Shit happens, no doubt....

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the wave off allowed UT to kick a FG to tie the game, which is how it ended.

that one was definitely stolen from OU, no ifs ands or buts.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa State didn't try to hug the receivers while running down the field, Texas wouldn't have gotten to the goal line to begin with

Correct. Because they would have been in the end zone instead.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a piece of shit program.

original.gif

What point in the game was this? Did this non-call affect Texas scoring the last drive?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What point in the game was this? Did this non-call affect Texas scoring the last drive?

This happened on a 3rd quarter Texas TD. The play was over. Texas was already in the end zone and the TD was signaled and the whistle was blown.

Davis was just standing there, the play was way on the left side, and then decided to go for the crippling shot.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is the idiot commenting who didn't even watch the game.

Btw - It was called a personal foul. 15 yards. As it should have been. Any other conspiracies you wish to comment on??? Perhaps the chem trails in the sky that others call clouds???