• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas @ Iowa St

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about this clip is I've never had ANY IDEA what calls he was upset about.

His team gave up a 4th and 18 RUN for a first down, then the (for him) game losing TD pass. WHAT call did he felt cost him the game? The call not to defend VY on a scramble??? The call to leave Tony Jefferson open in the end zone???

LAWRENCE — It was impossible to watch Kansas lose to Texas on Saturday without thinking about Mark Mangino and his dollar signs, so let’s start with that.

This was eight years ago, when Kansas lost to Texas in a game that looked a lot like Saturday’s 21-17 heartbreaker. That game featured a prominent and controversial pass-interference call against the Jayhawks, prompting Mangino to unleash some of the most recognizable words in the history of Kansas football:

“You know what this all about, don’t you? That’s right. BCS. Dollar signs.”

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's right.

1. The call tonight.
2. The fumble vs.. OSU last year.
3. The bull shit personnel foul at the end of the last A&M/tu game.
4. Getting time put back on the clock at the end of the Big XII championship game.

That's just a quick list off the top of my head of "questionable" calls that went tu's way recently.

Can you name 4 plays that weat against Texas?

LOL, I guess this Aggy forgot about the homecooking Aggy received by the refs the last time they played Nebraska. Fucking hypocrite....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to give UT fans credit, most have denounced the play by Davis and I'd expect nothing less.

Props!

Only the mentally challenged would have tried to defend that play though, Wheat.

Credit DENIED!

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a piece of shit program.

original.gif

Holy shit! What a piece of shit, scum bag. I missed this game. Was he ejected?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, should have, but he wasn't.

Mack Daddy even defended him, that's why I give Texas fan props..

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! What a piece of shit, scum bag. I missed this game. Was he ejected?

Nope. He should have been. I'm not sure mack even benched him for the remainder.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a colleague from Ames. He's calling it the Ames Screw Job. He's right. I hope Rhoads isn't fined for his comments. He's understandably pissed after his team got screwed and he's right about what he said.

As some posters pointed out, the refs seems to side with Texas. Another reason to hate them. Plus that fucking cheap shot.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. He should have been. I'm not sure mack even benched him for the remainder.
Figures. The refs always shine on Texas.

Mack is a bigger piece of shit for not benching him.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah thats right. Mack went apeshit over the penalty.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe I mentioned "only the mentally challenged...."

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there wasn't a bad call in that game really.
the strip of the ball at the goal line was when the runners forward motion had clearly been stopped.

and did mack defend his player after the game on that clip, or is everyone talking about at the time it happened.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there wasn't a bad call in that game really.
the strip of the ball at the goal line was when the runners forward motion had clearly been stopped.

and did mack defend his player after the game on that clip, or is everyone talking about at the time it happened.

The problem is it has nothing to do with his forward motion because they didn't call forward progress stopped, they called down by contact which was wrong and it was a horrible call costing a team the game that should have won.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAWRENCE — It was impossible to watch Kansas lose to Texas on Saturday without thinking about Mark Mangino and his dollar signs, so let’s start with that.

This was eight years ago, when Kansas lost to Texas in a game that looked a lot like Saturday’s 21-17 heartbreaker. That game featured a prominent and controversial pass-interference call against the Jayhawks, prompting Mangino to unleash some of the most recognizable words in the history of Kansas football:

“You know what this all about, don’t you? That’s right. BCS. Dollar signs.”

I know what game it was......but I don't recall any questionable call. I DO recall KU letting VY RUN for a first down on 4th and 18, and leave a WR wide open in the end zone to lose. I'd need to see the play.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's not.

1. Call tonight - forward progress was stopped. Refs felt the play was over. It's a judgement call, and the player didn't fumble the ball - it was stripped. You can argue it's a bad call but it's not a cut and dry call.

2. NOBODY saw the fumble at OSU last year to make that call.....so it can't be a bad call, now can it? Watch the replay. Show me one ref that clearly sees the ball out before signalling TD.

3. The CLEAR PF at the end of the game. Can you contact a WR in the HEAD when the ball is in the air or when the play is over? NO YOU CAN'T. If the guy pulls up, he doesn't get flagged. That's HIS fault, not the refs.

4. Did the ball hit or not hit with time on the clock? It landed with time STILL on the clock. No ref signalled the game was over, watch the replays. Another good call.

SO what we have here is one questionable call (1) and a bunch of correct calls that fans cried about.

I fully expected for you t-sips to defend the bad calls that went in your favor, but lets take a look.

1. Stripping the ball is legal. The LB was running with the football before the whistle was blown. When the whistle blew Iowa St. had posession. The call was that the RB was down by contact, not foward progress was stopped. He was not down when the ball came out.

2. The fumble in the OSU game was seen on replay. Yet the replay officials rulled it wasn't a fumble. Hmmm, second time replay officials gifted a call to Texas.

3. Clear PF??? It was minor contact and shouldn't have drawn a flag. Should the DB pulled up more? Yes but it wasn't like it was a targeting call or a big hit.

4. For the 3rd time replay officials give Texas a break (notice a trend). The game was over, the clock hit 0:00. Colt should have just spiked the ball, but he threw to the sideline and used up all the time. If it was any other team, that play doesn't even get reviewed, much less get time put back on the clock to attempt the kick. Great, clutch kick, but it should never have happened.

I know you will never see it the way the rest of the college football world sees it because you think Texas deserves all those calls.

Now, name me some significant judgement calls recently that went against Texas.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that scum bag Mack said that dirty fuck was competing. A valid reason had that WR made a technically sound hit or an attempt at it with his shoulder. Not diving at the knees.

I wasn't a fan of UT before. Now, I have zero respect for Mack as a man.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that scum bag Mack said that dirty fuck was competing. A valid reason had that WR made a technically sound hit or an attempt at it with his shoulder. Not diving at the knees.

I wasn't a fan of UT before. Now, I have zero respect for Mack as a man.

He's desperate for wins. He'll do what he has to to keep his playmakers on the field.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas players don't get suspended.

Texas Marquis Goodwin, flagged for personal foul, but not suspended for this hit

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkNSSV1NukM]Texas WR Marquise Goodwin Destroys UCLA CB [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Nebraska Eric Martin, not flagged for personal foul, but suspended go to around 1:30 mark

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5qRVeRMhso]Niles Paul Return, Eric Martin hit on Andrew Hudson - YouTube[/ame]

The only difference in the hits is one team is Nebraska and one team is Texas. Beebe was Texas's boy toy.