• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas: Glory Days

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 longhorns already beat me to the punch...

The point is still the same. Don't try and pretend TEXAS never beat any good Nebraska teams.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding??? and they ended up #6. Good luck with trying to get others to buy into that. Nebraska was in the middle of a great streak.
1993 11-1, 1994 13-0, 1995 12-0, 1996 11-2, 1997 13-0. That's a 5 year record of 60-3. I don't know if any other team has done that. Why don't you try to prove me wrong. Somehow I doubt you'll even try.
-------
Among other positions, we lost our starting QB and his backup. And Scott Frost who ws the starting QB in '96, had transferred from Stanford--a passing team at that time. From the 1995 team there were at least three QB's rated ahead of Frost if you count Frazier. Also, that '95 team, had I believe a dozen seniors on offense on it and while all of them didn't start, they carried that team because the "D" was realtively green. That worked if for no other reason the defense was never on the field that much. In '96 it was the opposite. The defense tried to carry the team. What people forget is the triple option to be run effectively is ALL about timing. There was too many "new" players on the '96 offense. So, while Frost may have seen playing time on the '95 team (I cannot remember), he had 3 QBs ahead of him and about all Frost probably had was mop up duty. If you choose not to call '96 a rebuilding year--your choice--but for our offense, it was.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton Santos, a sophomore UT LB, has his mom in the hospital and she urgently needs an open heart surgery to correct an aortic aneurysm. She does not have health insurance and the family can't afford to pay the operation on their own. A family started a donation page at YouCaring.com and it has already raised $30k of the over $100k needed. UT fans have begun retweeting the request.
UT?s Santos overwhelmed by support for ailing mom - Longhorns

Bashing Texas can begin anew.

I asked one of the Horns fans here in the office if this was legit. He said it was so we're all going to chip in and help. Okies and Texans may fight a lot but this brings everyone together. Kinda like if the BLM makes a grab for 90,000 acres of Texas land along the south side of the Red River; you can bet there will be a shit load of Okies crossing the river to back up the Texans' play.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding??? and they ended up #6. Good luck with trying to get others to buy into that. Nebraska was in the middle of a great streak.
1993 11-1, 1994 13-0, 1995 12-0, 1996 11-2, 1997 13-0. That's a 5 year record of 60-3. I don't know if any other team has done that. Why don't you try to prove me wrong. Somehow I doubt you'll even try.

Well OU went 60-3-1 over a six year period back in the 50s when they played fewer games and only went to a bowl every other year. Oh yeah, won 47 straight too.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked one of the Horns fans here in the office if this was legit. He said it was so we're all going to chip in and help. Okies and Texans may fight a lot but this brings everyone together. Kinda like if the BLM makes a grab for 90,000 acres of Texas land along the south side of the Red River; you can bet there will be a shit load of Okies crossing the river to back up the Texans' play.

Believe it or not, even though we don't like each other, we'll come together for good causes:

The OU Club of Houston

With that being said, it's 2:43 and OU still sux! :yahoo:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.
I donated, here's the page Vista's Angry Aortic Aneurysm | Medical Expenses - YouCaring.com
Almost $55k raised.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well OU went 60-3-1 over a six year period back in the 50s when they played fewer games and only went to a bowl every other year. Oh yeah, won 47 straight too.

I'll guess you don't think those were 'good' years.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska was #3 and would have played FSU in the Sugar Bowl for the title that season.
Texas whitewashed them and prevented them from playing a 3rd national title.

Let's not pretend that was some rebuilding year.
Their only loss until that point was to a team that finished #4 and was 1 minute from a national title.

A mediocre Texas team beat a great Nebraska team that year and ended their quest for threepeat.
------
No--a good at best Nebraska team let Texas win. BTW whitewash IMO means no scores and Texas didn't do a whitewash on Nebraska. Read the post I just printed about timing and using the triple option. Also, reread what I said about rankings that year. We didn't deserve to start out #1 and didn't deserve to be in the top 10 after being shut out. After the '93 season when we finished 3 did we start out #1 in the preseason? NO. After the first championship did Nebraska start out the preseason at #1 with all the returning talent? NO. So, what happens the preseason pollsters gave us #1 in '96 after losing a significant amount of talent from the previous year--it was a gimme. Nothing more/nothing less. If we were that good, we wouldn't have lost either game and especially not one that was a shutout and not to an 8-5 team...And look at the teams you lost to: ND three losses but I beleive no bowl game and nothing I'd qualify as a quality win and a loss to Air Force--Virginia 5 losses enough said
Oklahoma? They had 8 losses that year. Colorado--they only had 2 losses BUT one was to a 4 loss Michigan team. Oh wait PSU in your bowl game? First off you didn't beat them and one of the teams they lost to was Iowa who in turn lost to a 7 loss Tulsa team. You want to hang you hat on a team that would give you at least one so called quality win and sorry it ain't Nebraska. Few teams that lose as many games as you did that year ever beat a quality opponent.

If Nebraska wasn't rebuilding, they would not have lost either game...just give it up.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure as hell don't give up on anything, why should we?

Since the offense was 'rebuilding' and the defense allowed 37 points and 503 points, it was the offense which was responsible for losing the game? :lame:

Last edited by a moderator:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, even though we don't like each other, we'll come together for good causes:

The OU Club of Houston

With that being said, it's 2:43 and OU still sux! :yahoo:

That's great and everything but why not get signed up for healthcare. Can't be turned down and even with the high deductables, it would cost a lot less.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's less expensive than $100,000 dollars.
$600 a month and a $6000 deductible.
Maybe my math is bad because I don't get it.

What happens if you have neither? Believe it or not, but many millions can't afford it without help.

... and yes you're right, insurance is less in this instance.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's less expensive than $100,000 dollars.
$600 a month and a $6000 deductible.
Maybe my math is bad because I don't get it.

yes, there is a big difference in those numbers. But if you cant afford 600mo and 6000, it might as well be 6mil a month and 6billion deductible.

If our illustrious governor would allow Medicaid in Texas, it would help many people in situations like this. But he wont, because he hates the president. Politics, assholes all, both sides of the aisle, imo.