• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas: Glory Days

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a previous thread, I got to thinking (1 minute), what exactly are the Glory Days of Texas football?

The Longhorn fan base seems to have some affinity for taking down Nebraska, but I wonder why and for what cost?

Texas has won a ton of recruiting battles with teams. Hell, they basically get what the want.

My question is, what exactly has Texas done to warrant such an elitist attitude? What have you done that is so damn fucking awesome?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A gozillion wins against teams NOT named Nebraska, for one.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A gozillion wins against teams NOT named Nebraska, for one.

Well, they actually did kick our ass in the Big 12, so I'm no real sure where you are going with that comment.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since the BCS era began, Texas has won a NC, played for another one, is 3-1 in BCS bowls and won a couple of conference titles. Every single NU fan would gladly give up their left nut if Nebraska had that kind of success in the BCS era.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since the BCS era began, Texas has won a NC, played for another one, is 3-1 in BCS bowls and won a couple of conference titles. Every single NU fan would gladly give up their left nut if Nebraska had that kind of success in the BCS era.

I still have my left nut, and no, I wouldn't give it up for that shit list of glory.

Texas is in the biggest uncontested hotbed of recruiting area in the country, and you guys suck year after year after year after year.

Your biggest rival to the North bitch slaps you on a regular basis with players from your own state.

BCS era success? You have 1 title. For fucks sake, you are Texas and have only been to 4 BCS bowl games? Are there some NCAA rules preventing you from going to more BCS bowl games or winning more conference championships?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we do play in a tough conference, which NU should know all about, as their once great program officially became a has been once they had to play in a tough conference. OU happens to be one of the other winningest programs in the BCS era, have a damn good coach and have been tough as hell to beat to answer your question. I know this program has underachieved with Mack Brown at the helm, but this program has also been very successful with Mack. Like I said, it looks like the school has done what is necessary to return to being one of the top 5 programs in the country by hiring Charlie Strong. Nebraska on the other hand, will continue to reek of mediocrity. The days of Nebraska dominating in football are never, I'll repeat, NEVER, coming back to Lincoln, that I will guarantee. On the other hand, Texas will be back to competing for and winning NC's. And don't kid yourself, you would gladly give up your left nut if your has been program had the same type of success Texas has had since the BCS era began.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we do play in a tough conference, which NU should know all about, as their once great program officially became a has been once they had to play in a tough conference. OU happens to be one of the other winningest programs in the BCS era, have a damn good coach and have been tough as hell to beat to answer your question. I know this program has underachieved with Mack Brown at the helm, but this program has also been very successful with Mack. Like I said, it looks like the school has done what is necessary to return to being one of the top 5 programs in the country by hiring Charlie Strong. Nebraska on the other hand, will continue to reek of mediocrity. The days of Nebraska dominating in football are never, I'll repeat, NEVER, coming back to Lincoln, that I will guarantee. On the other hand, Texas will be back to competing for and winning NC's. And don't kid yourself, you would gladly give up your left nut if your has been program had the same type of success Texas has had since the BCS era began.

And yet, you can't answer the question without belittling Nebraska.

Good Lord are you beyond pathetic.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Nebraska need to schedule some games. Love the hate.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a previous thread, I got to thinking (1 minute), what exactly are the Glory Days of Texas football?

The Longhorn fan base seems to have some affinity for taking down Nebraska, but I wonder why and for what cost?

Texas has won a ton of recruiting battles with teams. Hell, they basically get what the want.

My question is, what exactly has Texas done to warrant such an elitist attitude? What have you done that is so damn fucking awesome?

Not what I heard bruh
rivals1.JPG

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, you can't answer the question without belittling Nebraska.

Good Lord are you beyond pathetic.

I already answered your question. Again, since the BCS era began, Texas is one of the most successful programs in the country. Won a NC and played for another one. Only 6 other programs have been able to do that since 1998, so there you go. Of course I'm going to belittle Nebraska along the way when you dumb fucks continue to run your mouth.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In related news, TELL KIDS THEY WILL GET PLAYING TIME EARLY. SINCERELY, PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The biggest problem is that Texas fans can't accept that Nebraska has a better history.

Hell, it is close over the past 20 years even with the shit play from Nebraska to make it close.

Texas fan can't accept that. Afterall, they are Fucking Texas where everything is bigger and better.

Texas fan can't accept reality, and they can only dwell upon beating a real champ more times than not in largely meaningless games.

Congrats. Your football program is still a national joke and as much as you try, STILL isn't as good as Nebraska.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really understand this thread. Nebraska has a great football history. Who would argue otherwise?

Texas has a great history as well. Not as good as some, better than most. What's the big deal?

Texas did dominate Nebraska in head-to-head matchups in the Big12. I don't really see what the argument is there.

Hopefully, someday we'll meet again in a meaningful game, preferably in a playoff game. Then we can yell at each other.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really understand this thread. Nebraska has a great football history. Who would argue otherwise?

Texas has a great history as well. Not as good as some, better than most. What's the big deal?

Texas did dominate Nebraska in head-to-head matchups in the Big12. I don't really see what the argument is there.

Hopefully, someday we'll meet again in a meaningful game, preferably in a playoff game. Then we can yell at each other.

Man do I wish 90% of Texas fans had your attitude.

Texas Jefe is good people.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was PRAYING for that Alamo bowl or whatever the fuck they're calling it these days.

Just make our schedule 14 games vs Texas next year. PLEASE.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beating Nebraska 9 out of the last 10 times is damn fucking awesome. Ending Nebraska's 47 home game winning streak in 1998. Upsetting Nebraska for the first Big 12 conference title.

#2 in All-Time Football victories.

#3 in Bowl Victories

Winning 115 games between 2000 and 2009. 9 straight 10+ game winning seasons in a row 2001-2009, 2nd only to FSU's streak.

Beating ESPN's All-Time Best Team for a BCS NC in 2005. USC was also the only team to have 2 Heisman winners playing at the same time.

40 straight seasons without a losing record from 1893 to 1932. Yep, it's old, but still impressive.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huskerOC, no idea what you are expecting here in this thread.

Every Texas fan can pretty much point to the scoreboard, 9-1 against Nebraska in Big 12 play.

The last time Nebraska beat Texas in Nebraska was in the 1930s.

All I know, according to Texasexes rules of Irrelevance that he defined over on the ESPN boards, Texas has joined Nebraska in being irrelevant.

BTW, Texas does own one record Nebraska does not, to have played for a national title and the next season to post a losing record. How do you do that when you had the 2009 COY and all four and five star recruits?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huskerOC, no idea what you are expecting here in this thread.

Every Texas fan can pretty much point to the scoreboard, 9-1 against Nebraska in Big 12 play.

The last time Nebraska beat Texas in Nebraska was in the 1930s.

All I know, according to Texasexes rules of Irrelevance that he defined over on the ESPN boards, Texas has joined Nebraska in being irrelevant.

BTW, Texas does own one record Nebraska does not, to have played for a national title and the next season to post a losing record. How do you do that when you had the 2009 COY and all four and five star recruits?

My simple point is what are the Texas Glory Days?

Texas fans rip on Nebraska as living in our Glory Days, I'm simply asking what are the Texas Glory Days?

Texas has none. They fall down to the alter of Oklahoma in the Big 12, and have all but 1 National Championship dating back to 1969.

Excuse me, what is that...., all talk, no action. Yep, that is Texas. Live on some ridiculous reputation and don't win anything. OK, maybe something every other generation.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Husker fans are so :L

Let it go, move on. Texas is in the past. Focus on the future, i.e. Wisconsin, Michigan en sech.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Husker fans are so :L

Let it go, move on. Texas is in the past. Focus on the future, i.e. Wisconsin, Michigan en sech.

Fuck you.

Brasky posts pathetic thread after thread, and where is your ass at?

Texas fans talk shit on Nebraska full time on here.

Why? What the fuck has their team done?