• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas...come out to play-ya...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know for sure is LSU went an entire game and ran 0 plays from under center and 0 plays with a full back. Don’t know if that was to screw with Texas on film or that is seriously what we will do the entire year.

Also Burreaux set an LSU record for most touchdown passes in a half last night. Game 1 vs Georgia Southern so everything taken with a grain of salt, but the offense finally looked different for the first time in 25 years.

The LSU offense did look different. But Texas plays OU, OSU, TT every year.
The OU offense has more bells/whistles and 1st team AA offensive players as anybody, and Texas plays them every year.

Don't think the LSU spread is going to be anything they have not already seen before

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LSU offense did look different. But Texas plays OU, OSU, TT every year.
The OU offense has more bells/whistles and 1st team AA offensive players as anybody, and Texas plays them every year.

Don't think the LSU spread is going to be anything they have not already seen before
Said it earlier, this is exactly why I am hoping the Tigers are smart enough to try and force Texas to stop a power run attack. Big 12 is more about speed and stopping the spread. So at the very least force Texas to stop the power run game. If they do, fine, but you have to attempt to pound the rock because on average, the only offenses they need to stop is what LSU ran last night.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Texas hasn’t been DBU in a hot minute. Not even top 3 and it’s not close.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas gets up for big games, I took Texas to win.

(and it hurts to do that)

Joe Burreaux was throwing perfect darts against an inferior team. He won't be able to do that against Texas.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of game that TEXAS will win.
It is the MO of Tom Herman dating back to Houston days.

He beats all the top 10 rated teams he plays in OU, FSU, Georgia, USC, etc. He gets his guys to play up.
He loses to un-ranked bottom feeders in UConn, Md, Texas Tech, and SMU. He tends to play down as well.

Texas is not fully back, but they are talented enough to kick anyone's ass when properly motivated.
But, they are not talented enough to simply win by showing up like Alabama. That is Herman's biggest flaw.

I am more worried that they will beat LSU, and then they will look like dogshit versus WVU or K-State.
In the last 10 years there is no type of game Texas wins...not even against Kansas. Props for the dedication before reality sets in though!

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it ain't near as good as Texas roadkill armadillo grease!
That is some good shit....did you know that any area where an armadillo has been ran over on a roadway will never need maintenance again?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 10 years there is no type of game Texas wins...not even against Kansas. Props for the dedication before reality sets in though!

Make sure you tell Kirby Smart that

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas gets up for big games, I took Texas to win.

(and it hurts to do that)

Joe Burreaux was throwing perfect darts against an inferior team. He won't be able to do that against Texas.

giphy.gif

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it earlier, this is exactly why I am hoping the Tigers are smart enough to try and force Texas to stop a power run attack. Big 12 is more about speed and stopping the spread. So at the very least force Texas to stop the power run game. If they do, fine, but you have to attempt to pound the rock because on average, the only offenses they need to stop is what LSU ran last night.

Certainly makes you think.

5 thru10 years ago, I definitely go power and run it. But after watching how the defense responded to a traditional SEC offense in Georgia, now I'm not so sure.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly makes you think.

5 thru10 years ago, I definitely go power and run it. But after watching how the defense responded to a traditional SEC offense in Georgia, now I'm not so sure.
Very true. I think in order for LSU to be successful you have to mix in the power run. You can’t sit in it the entire game, but you have to get under center and test out the rush defense.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did LSU sign off on ull officially using the Louisiana moniker?? I remember them always suing them to stop selling items branded like that.