• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas asked A&M for a series and Aggy said 'no'

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should play yearly in week 1 along with WVU/VT, KU/Mizzu, OU/Brasky, and Arkansas/Baylor but..

Thanks for nuthin ESPN.douches

If we ever stop playing A&M in Dallas and move it to campus then I could see us having a yearly game there with Baylor, Texas Tech or Oklahoma State.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish the SEC West would pair off with some Big12 teams for regular games like the SEC east has with some ACC teams.

I like this idea, but are their any natural rivals? UGA/GT, UK/UL, Clemson/South Carolina, FSU/UF are all long standing rivalries. UT/A&M obviously could be, but outside of that, it's not something that could be done every year, IMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this idea, but are their any natural rivals? UGA/GT, UK/UL, Clemson/South Carolina, FSU/UF are all long standing rivalries. UT/A&M obviously could be, but outside of that, it's not something that could be done every year, IMO.
Arky, Mizzou and the two Oklahoma schools are the only ones I can think of. And OU already has Texas and Okie Lite. I'd think they'd prefer to rekindle the Nebraska rivalry than play Arky or Mizzou. JMO.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why Texas and Arkansas don't play every year on Thanksgiving.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really should be Texas and A&M. Both fans bash each other constantly. You have factions of both sides that act butthurt over a bunch of administrative BS, but they know they want the game played. It’s the only game where fans on either side dread going to Thanksgiving dinner or the office the next day, because those “loudmouth assholes” are going to run their mouth all day. That is what a rivalry is about

PS: I would bet that Texas asked, because they knew the answer. It’s just another game within the Cold War that is Texas vs A&M

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mizzou and Kansas.

But I think I'd rather see a rotation done rather than set rival games, and only among the higher tiered teams. If I had to pick 1 team for Alabama it would be Oklahoma. But then what about other teams, they might want to play better Big12 teams etc. And then maybe Oklahoma or Alabama isn't good in the future and you get stuck with a subpar opponent for many years(aka like Alabama vs Tennessee is almost always).

And then only the higher tiered programs because fuck playing Kansas as part of the rotation etc. Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, OKST and WVU or so I guess. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, A&M and Arkansas probably. Arkansas more so due to history and location.

And others could still do their own things when they wanted.

But if I were to design a way for the teams to get good matchups frequently, something along those lines would be best IMO.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia and Texas are currently working towards a future home and home. It'll be like 10 years down the road, but the way things are shaping up, this should be our last shit schedule for a while. At least 10 P5 teams on the schedule every year for a while now with the Clemson 3 game series, UCLA home and home, a couple of Chick Fil A kickoff games coming up and now possibly a Texas home and home.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou and Kansas.

But I think I'd rather see a rotation done rather than set rival games, and only among the higher tiered teams. If I had to pick 1 team for Alabama it would be Oklahoma. But then what about other teams, they might want to play better Big12 teams etc. And then maybe Oklahoma or Alabama isn't good in the future and you get stuck with a subpar opponent for many years(aka like Alabama vs Tennessee is almost always).

And then only the higher tiered programs because fuck playing Kansas as part of the rotation etc. Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, OKST and WVU or so I guess. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, A&M and Arkansas probably. Arkansas more so due to history and location.

And others could still do their own things when they wanted.

But if I were to design a way for the teams to get good matchups frequently, something along those lines would be best IMO.

You could take the basketball approach. Why not have a yearly challenge and do it over a weekend. 2 sites Dallas and Atlanta. That will give flexibility on scheduling. Do the schedule 6 months in advance with the idea of trying to match like teams. Plenty of time to get plans made. You will sell out both sites.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be fun. I miss Arkansas-LSU during thanksgiving. Some great games in that series.

upload_2018-8-25_14-9-14.gif

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be fun. I miss Arkansas-LSU during thanksgiving. Some great games in that series.

View attachment 185581

I am not sure Texas and Ark can rekindle that rivalry, but I would be for it. Those are the games that make college football. If it was up to me, I would bring back every rivalry game possible from the backyard brawl, border war, make all the Florida schools play each other, Texas vs Ark/A&M, etc. I am all for making a buck, but the game should be about players and fans

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could take the basketball approach. Why not have a yearly challenge and do it over a weekend. 2 sites Dallas and Atlanta. That will give flexibility on scheduling. Do the schedule 6 months in advance with the idea of trying to match like teams. Plenty of time to get plans made. You will sell out both sites.

That would work well/better if they could come to an agreement.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We have no plans to renew the rivalry game at this time for very practical reasons,"

Considering both OOC schedules are set for the next decade, there shouldn't be anything to this revelation. There is no "at this time" to be had.

Plus, fuck Jexas. They like to think their shit don't stink, so let them sit and rot in the shit ass Big 12-ish as the second fiddle. It will do them some good to eat shit for a while. A&M is the better team in the better conference with the better recruiting now. There is literally zero to gain from playing this game again.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet, most of the SEC plays out of conference rivalry games the last week of the year A&M and Missouri should do the same against Texas and Kansas respectively.

Just wait until we do that against Texas Tech. :evil:

in reality, fuck the Gaiders even harder than Jexas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really should be Texas and A&M. Both fans bash each other constantly. You have factions of both sides that act butthurt over a bunch of administrative BS, but they know they want the game played. It’s the only game where fans on either side dread going to Thanksgiving dinner or the office the next day, because those “loudmouth assholes” are going to run their mouth all day. That is what a rivalry is about

PS: I would bet that Texas asked, because they knew the answer. It’s just another game within the Cold War that is Texas vs A&M

Texas asked because they need the game. A&M said to pound sand because we don't.

Consider it "little brother" telling "big brother" to eat a giant bag of dicks. Take your century of condescension and cuddle up with it and cry while reviewing the LHN shit ratings.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas vs Texas A&M - no brainer
Oklahoma vs Alabama - They deserve each other
Oklahoma State vs Auburn - Ag school battle
TCU vs LSU - Purple War
Texas Tech vs Ole Miss - Raiders vs Rebels
WV vs Miss State - sponsored by the American Dental Association
Arkansas vs Baylor - Left overs
Kansas vs Missouri - And everyone can go back to not caring
Kansas State vs Vandy - so the Big 12 can win one of the games
Iowa State vs Tenn - UT only team left without a yearly out of conference rival.

Big 12 should beg for this deal as it upgrades their network value tremendously.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely love this idea. But instead of having 2 sites just do it half at sec homes and half at B12 homes. That way it can all be played on one weekend. Also like the idea of 6 months scheduling as long as teams are garunteed a game they can hold that weekend and schedule other OOC games around that.

I guess the next thin would be would they do all 10 B12 teams or would the SEC be willing to have 10 teams to match up? Or do they only do like 5 and 5? Ohh and will Aggie bitch if they have to face big brother?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas vs Texas A&M - no brainer
Oklahoma vs Alabama - They deserve each other
Oklahoma State vs Auburn - Ag school battle
TCU vs LSU - Purple War
Texas Tech vs Ole Miss - Raiders vs Rebels
WV vs Miss State - sponsored by the American Dental Association
Arkansas vs Baylor - Left overs
Kansas vs Missouri - And everyone can go back to not caring
Kansas State vs Vandy - so the Big 12 can win one of the games
Iowa State vs Tenn - UT only team left without a yearly out of conference rival.

Big 12 should beg for this deal as it upgrades their network value tremendously.

Ohh I don’t think the B12 will be the problem for scheduling this, even with one less OOC game. We all know exactly who the problem will be.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I don’t think the B12 will be the problem for scheduling this, even with one less OOC game. We all know exactly who the problem will be.
Can’t keep Texas running your life.