• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrible Slate of X-Mas games

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George stated that the Pacers were non-plussed about the Pacers not playing on Christmas, although he would have appreciated playing against LA to see his family.

I was happy with yesterdays slate. Felt good about watching Despicable Me 2 with the nieces. Btw, I am not the star of that movie despite all reports to the contrary.

Which one are you then?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fluffy-animals-030-07292013.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis on Christmas day?
Memphis should be tanking right now. Conley and Gasol have a good prime stretch ahead of them and the West is too good for them to compete

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Hollins was their biggest mistake. They have almost the same roster as last year but they aren't anything this year. It also hurts that Gasol is out with a serious injury

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George stated that the Pacers were non-plussed about the Pacers not playing on Christmas, although he would have appreciated playing against LA to see his family.

I was happy with yesterdays slate. Felt good about watching Despicable Me 2 with the nieces. Btw, I am not the star of that movie despite all reports to the contrary.

I don't think most players care about playing on Christmas Day especially if you have to travel on the road for that game. Home games must be fun as you get to spend the morning/day with the fam then go out to work for 3 hours. Road games during the holiday season must be tough as you're not with your family on Christmas Eve or Christmas

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the Christmas day games the NBA should have a flex schedule option similar to the NBA. Those first 2 games were atrocious
How was the NBA going to replace the first 2 games when there was only 5 games scheduled? You can't say a week or less before tip-off......"btw Dallas, you're now playing on Christmas day and will be traveling to OKC."....."

When the NFL does it, they just change time slots, not give teams the day off and replace them with another game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the NBA going to replace the first 2 games when there was only 5 games scheduled? You can't say a week or less before tip-off......"btw Dallas, you're now playing on Christmas day and will be traveling to OKC."....."

When the NFL does it, they just change time slots, not give teams the day off and replace them with another game.

The first game should've been replaced a long time ago. I never said to do it a week before. They can do it 3 weeks in advance but everyone knew on December 1st that the Bulls/Nets game shouldn't have been on Christmas. The other games I would've kept but just changed the teams. The only reason the Knicks game got so ugly is because Melo did not play but I would've made Houston play LA and have San Antonio come to Miami for a rematch of the finals

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first game should've been replaced a long time ago. I never said to do it a week before. They can do it 3 weeks in advance but everyone knew on December 1st that the Bulls/Nets game shouldn't have been on Christmas. The other games I would've kept but just changed the teams. The only reason the Knicks game got so ugly is because Melo did not play but I would've made Houston play LA and have San Antonio come to Miami for a rematch of the finals
Even with a 3wk notice, it's still asking many, many people to change their "christmas day" plans for the sake of 1 game.

Arena workers, security etc..etc... It's not as easy as you make it sound.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait people were pissed about that? I must be getting old because I can not even make the connection.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the 5 game lineup was okay, that being said, the only one I got around to actually watching from beginning to end was the Warriors-Clippers game, and as it turned out Golden State was the only home team that won....(a bonafide budding rivalry in the making for sure)

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis should be tanking right now. Conley and Gasol have a good prime stretch ahead of them and the West is too good for them to compete

TEAMS SHOULD NEVER TANK! Rebuild, okay, but try to avoid winning? NO BLEEPING WAY, in any sport!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEAMS SHOULD NEVER TANK! Rebuild, okay, but try to avoid winning? NO BLEEPING WAY, in any sport!
The NBA is different than other sports in this regard, imo. Bad teams make the playoffs in the NBA. If you make the playoffs in MLB, your team is really, really good. If you make the playoffs in the NFL or NHL, you can go on a run and win it all.

But the NBA? Tanking is totally legit, imo. How do you think Boston got Ray Allen?

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many games first off

Have 1 game at 330 and 1 in primetime.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is different than other sports in this regard, imo. Bad teams make the playoffs in the NBA. If you make the playoffs in MLB, your team is really, really good. If you make the playoffs in the NFL or NHL, you can go on a run and win it all.

But the NBA? Tanking is totally legit, imo. How do you think Boston got Ray Allen?

They got him by trading someone not as good when they realized the team they had was not going to win any titles soon and would have difficulty staying over .500. And to a lesser extent by canning Rick Pitino who had demonstrated he was a better college recruiter than a basketball coach.

Realistic talent evaluation is NOT TANKING!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistic talent evaluation is NOT TANKING!
In that case, Memphis needs some realistic talent evaluation and needs a top 7 pick. Like what Boston did whatever that term is

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many games first off

Have 1 game at 330 and 1 in primetime.

You're crazy. If there were other sports on I would agree but there is absolutely nothing on TV to watch other than NBA during Christmas. I love the fact that they added the 12 PM and the 2 late games to the schedule. If you only had 2 games, it would probably be the same 4 teams playing every year for the most part. By having 3 extra games, you give more teams the chance to play on Christmas. If it was only 2 games it would always be the Lakers, whatever team LBJ is on, OKC, and some other team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the 5 game lineup was okay, that being said, the only one I got around to actually watching from beginning to end was the Warriors-Clippers game, and as it turned out Golden State was the only home team that won....(a bonafide budding rivalry in the making for sure)

The lineup was great when the schedule came out but by the start of December you knew the Bulls/Nets would be a trainwreck and once Melo was out you knew OKC would handle them. The final 3 games were watchable and surprisingly the Heat/Lakers was better than the Rockets/Spurs