• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrible Slate of X-Mas games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago @ Brooklyn

OKC @ NYK

Miami @ LAL

These first 3 games are awful as there only 2 teams over .500 in these 3 games. I will not watch that first game at all and the only reason I would watch the 2nd game is to watch Melo and KD go toe to toe.

However the night cap is great as they have HOU @ SAS and LAC @ GSW which is always fun. I can only hope that Harden is available for Houston on wed.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago @ Brooklyn

OKC @ NYK

Miami @ LAL

These first 3 games are awful as there only 2 teams over .500 in these 3 games. I will not watch that first game at all and the only reason I would watch the 2nd game is to watch Melo and KD go toe to toe.

However the night cap is great as they have HOU @ SAS and LAC @ GSW which is always fun. I can only hope that Harden is available for Houston on wed.

Is Melo going to play? I thought he turned his ankle pretty good.

OKC is going to curb stomp NYK....

Miami LAL... Wish we could have had Kobe at least.

Brooklyn:L sorry but that is just an absolute dumpster fire. The East conf injuries are just brutal. Lopez, that sucked.

For sure the 2 later games are the best on the slate. Without the injuries the early ones would have been much better..... if not just for the entertainment value.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy slighted...again lol.

Terrible decision by the NBA to not have Indy play on Christmas Day.

My lord, are the schedule makers the only ones with no foresight. You know the fans wanted it before the season even started, so why not give it to us?

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible decision by the NBA to not have Indy play on Christmas Day.

My lord, are the schedule makers the only ones with no foresight. You know the fans wanted it before the season even started, so why not give it to us?

My team just gets no respect, no respect at all.

no-respect-o.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the price the Heat pay for being the best - they have to play the Lakers on Christmas day. Even though the Lakers suck - they still have the biggest draw in the NBA on days like Christmas and always ends up playing the better teams.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Miami should have played the Pacers instead of LA. The other games make sense but not that one. Or if they had to have LA have them play Houston.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nba would have been better off having the heat play Indy or OKC while having Dwight make his return to LA on xmas day.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Miami should have played the Pacers instead of LA. The other games make sense but not that one. Or if they had to have LA have them play Houston.

I would love to see the Lakers get Christmas day off - but you will have to talk To David Stern - He hates the Lakers and likes to see them suffer by ruining Christmas day for them

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nba would have been better off having the heat play Indy or OKC while having Dwight make his return to LA on xmas day.

This would be a good idea.

Heat vs lakers was a dumb idea from the start. No one expected the lakers to be good.

The other matchups at least made sense at a time.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat vs lakers was a dumb idea from the start. No one expected the lakers to be good.

I guess they were taking a chance that Kobe would be healthy, the casual fan looking for "SPORTS" on tv on Christmas Day would tune in by the droves.. Kobe Lebron... ya know how that goes.

But I agree with your post ultimately.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy should not play the Heat on Xmas, that game can get chippy and we do not want a Suh sighting on Xmas for the NBA, that would be a black eye.

I do think Indy should play because they are a great team and the national media would be great to give them their needed respect and media attention (which they seem to have an overabundance of this year).

From a NBA front office standpoint the reasons they do not play is very simple and obvious. Look at the teams playing on Xmas, they all do 1 thing very well. Play some sort of exciting offense, even LA with out a star team plays a fast paced D'Antoni O.

Indy plays some of the most boring, un-watchable offense in the history of a team of Bill Russell's any league has ever seen. Then their defense is so good the other team looks like shit too. It would be like watching Bama play LSU in the regular season in a game they are both trying not to win as per an agreement to both make it to the championship game.

I would love to see the Lakers get Christmas day off - but you will have to talk To David Stern - He hates the Lakers and likes to see them suffer by ruining Christmas day for them

oh poor lakers LMAO

He puts those teams on christmas day because they are the biggest draw and he loves money, not hates the Lakers or Heat or any other team that plays a lot on Christmas. Stern loves those teams if nothing else because he loves the money that they make him.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Lakers vs Heat, it is not like the Lakers ever won on Xmas anyways, even when LBJ was on the Cavs Kobe and the Lakers just seemed disinterested.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the way things happened. Go back to the summer and outside of the Lakers, you would not have guessed any of those teams would be at or below .500. No one knew Rose would get hurt again and that NY and Brooklyn would be dumpster fires. Just go get liquored up on eggnog and come back for the night games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the way things happened. Go back to the summer and outside of the Lakers, you would not have guessed any of those teams would be at or below .500. No one knew Rose would get hurt again and that NY and Brooklyn would be dumpster fires. Just go get liquored up on eggnog and come back for the night games

Yeah I agree and I think all the games would be watchable except the bulls/nets gane

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, before the season started, all those games looked great.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It dont matter if anybody thought the Lakers would be good, the Lakers is the cash cow for Christmas Day. That why they play on Christmas every year. Where the NBA messed up at, is not having Dwight return to LA that day. It wouldve been a bigger game than heat vs lakers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying the Lakers shouldn't be playing on Christmas ( They're like the Lions/Cowboys in the NFL on Thanksgiving) but what we are saying is they should've gave the Heat a better matchup while the obvious matchup for the Lakers should have been the Clippers or Rockets

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying the Lakers shouldn't be playing on Christmas ( They're like the Lions/Cowboys in the NFL on Thanksgiving) but what we are saying is they should've gave the Heat a better matchup while the obvious matchup for the Lakers should have been the Clippers or Rockets

I just said this.

Rockets vs Lakers would've been the biggest draw for the nba.