• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrelle Pryor Says the Raiders Make the Playoffs... Seems Totally Legit

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrelle Pryor says Oakland Raiders will make playoffs - NFL.com

"We have to come together and start creating," Pryor said, per CSN Bay Area. "We'll be back; 2-4; we'll get to the playoffs."

Granted, it wouldn't be a shocker if this is just for his teammates, but it is still funny to hear about.

I am sure Oakland fans everywhere are thinking of this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8"]Jim Mora, PLAYOFFS!? The FULL and COMPLETE SPEECH - YouTube[/ame]

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he's confident. The reality is that that Raiders are still years away from fixing the multiple personnel mistakes made by the previous regime.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really shocked that Pryor has stepped up when giving the opportunity. Never dreamed, due to his attitude, that he would be this successful (in such a short time) in the NFL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really shocked that Pryor has stepped up when giving the opportunity. Never dreamed, due to his attitude, that he would be this successful (in such a short time) in the NFL.

I think his "character concerns" have proven to have been quite exaggerated.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he's confident. The reality is that that Raiders are still years away from fixing the multiple personnel mistakes made by the previous regime.

Ironically, that regimes last pick may end up being its best pick in quite some time.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his "character concerns" have proven to have been quite exaggerated.
In a sense, yes. He has matured a great deal since college. But when it came to college signing day, he had a scheduled press conference to announce who he was singing with, only to announce he hasn't made his mind up yet. Why waste everyone's time when you knew ahead of time you were undecided? Thought that was a huge ego move on his part.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a sense, yes. He has matured a great deal since college. But when it came to college signing day, he had a scheduled press conference to announce who he was singing with, only to announce he hasn't made his mind up yet. Why waste everyone's time when you knew ahead of time you were undecided? Thought that was a huge ego move on his part.

Yeah, that's true. But being a 18 year old knucklehead is much different than being a 22 year old knucklehead. I think that by the time he was done at OSU people took the signing day deal and assumed that he was that same selfish kid due to the tattoo stuff. Safe to say they were wrong. He's a team leader and a hard worker. And it seems that his teenage arrogance has transformed to grown-up confidence.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's true. But being a 18 year old knucklehead is much different than being a 22 year old knucklehead. I think that by the time he was done at OSU people took the signing day deal and assumed that he was that same selfish kid due to the tattoo stuff. Safe to say they were wrong. He's a team leader and a hard worker. And it seems that his teenage arrogance has transformed to grown-up confidence.

Hehe, I probably can empathize a bit with that right now.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm eating crow right now. I never gave him a chance and have done nothing but dog him out. I have been impressed with him, all things considered.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm eating crow right now. I never gave him a chance and have done nothing but dog him out. I have been impressed with him, all things considered.

I am choking on the Pryor Crow myself, fortunately, I got a chance to puke back some of it on Sunday.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beware the one man shows. It's almost always because the team they are on is weak to dumpster fire everywhere else. Their luck runs out eventually and when it does.....

Pryor was perfect for Operation "Run for your life" as whoever the Raiders QB was going to be this year. But only a matter of odds before he takes a hit and buh bye ACL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beware the one man shows. It's almost always because the team they are on is weak to dumpster fire everywhere else. Their luck runs out eventually and when it does.....

Pryor was perfect for Operation "Run for your life" as whoever the Raiders QB was going to be this year. But only a matter of odds before he takes a hit and buh bye ACL.

Most one-man shows happen because a player doesn't truly understand that you need to go well in order to succeed. Pryor seems to understand that he cant do it on his own. A large part of his post game interview yesterday was about gelling as an offensive unit and taking pressure off of any individual. I agree that he may very well fall off due to the talent around him but if the Raiders dont do everything in their power to build around this kid they will not get another chance at a guy like him that seems to have it physically, intangibly and mentally.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*everything to go well

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

even though it IS the Raiders, part of me wishes this kid's prediction does come true...

but only part. Chiefs are MY priority, after all...:lol:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Careful what you say. Seahawks Oline is far from stellar and I have seen Wilson running for his life quite a few times. If you say buh bye ACL to Wilson, you can say buh bye Super Bowl run for the Seahawks. Fortunately you have a great running game so you don't have to count on Wilson like the Raiders have to count on Pryor. But the NFL gods work in mysterious ways.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you say. Seahawks Oline is far from stellar and I have seen Wilson running for his life quite a few times. If you say buh bye ACL to Wilson, you can say buh bye Super Bowl run for the Seahawks. Fortunately you have a great running game so you don't have to count on Wilson like the Raiders have to count on Pryor. But the NFL gods work in mysterious ways.

Keeping TP upright is a major concern, running the ball should be a part of that, the Oline is in pieces right now, until that gets stabilized it will be difficult, but the kid BELIEVES, a very important piece of the puzzle.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping TP upright is a major concern, running the ball should be a part of that, the Oline is in pieces right now, until that gets stabilized it will be difficult, but the kid BELIEVES, a very important piece of the puzzle.

Indeed. Gotta like the kid's confidence...