• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Thomas

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for what it's worth, I read your rotoworld link. It didn't say shit about his asking price, only that he "wanted to be a starter."

Then you made the assumption that he wanted starter level money based on that.

Or perhaps you saw an opening to be inflammatory and ran with it?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he says he wants to be a starter, but you need concrete proof he doesn't expect starter money from a new team?

Makes no sense TPaul.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT wants to be a starter, and the Lions haven't sniffed him, but he'll probably take back up money just to play for the Lions.

Makes sense to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a bit of Giants football. Thomas has had some bad luck with injuries but when he's healthy he plays some damn good ball. I'm interested to see what he's asking for in terms of contract.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a bit of Giants football. Thomas has had some bad luck with injuries but when he's healthy he plays some damn good ball. I'm interested to see what he's asking for in terms of contract.

He's kind of like their Delmas. My best guess is he returns to the Giants at whatever they are willing to pay him after realizing no one is going to make him a starter.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants agreed to terms with CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a five-year, $35 million contract.

He'll bookend Prince Amukamara as the Giants' starting corners. Expect Thurmond to cover the slot on passing downs. These are major upgrades to the back end of Big Blue's defense.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is this mythical "starter money" anyhow? Are we talking Revis/Talib "starter" money, or Rashean Mathis "starter" money?

Turns out starting CBs in the NFL have a $10+ million per season discrepancy in what they make...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants agreed to terms with CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a five-year, $35 million contract.

He'll bookend Prince Amukamara as the Giants' starting corners. Expect Thurmond to cover the slot on passing downs. These are major upgrades to the back end of Big Blue's defense.

Seems TT would take a incentive laiden or little over vet minimum elsewhere with a chance to start now. Most likely not the Lions. Giants have 2 starters and their nickel guy now. Just my best guess.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems TT would take a incentive laiden or little over vet minimum elsewhere with a chance to start now. Most likely not the Lions. Giants have 2 starters and their nickel guy now. Just my best guess.

Yeah, I don't think we're in the picture at all, as far as I can tell. We'd have to get creative with a deal, like you said, and he really wouldn't be able to get any real $$ out of us till next year with the limited amount of cap space we have now. However, a two or three year deal that pays decent if he's able to stay healthy and win a starting spot would have to be pretty appealing I'd think.

If I were a GM with lots of cap space I'd grab him up on a one year "prove it" deal and see what he's still got...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously more than anyone is willing to pay him.

Ahh- so every remaining free agent is still unemployed because they're all asking for too much money. Gotcha.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pickups for the Giants. Rodgers-Cromartie, Amakumura and Thurmond is a strong set of CBs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh- so every remaining free agent is still unemployed because they're all asking for too much money. Gotcha.

Not talking about everyone, straw man. Just TT.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antoine Cason would be another low-cost option with lots of starting experience...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent CB Terrell Thomas visited the Panthers.
Thomas would be a cheap, veteran flier for the Panthers' under-construction secondary. Thomas visited the Raiders last week, but has otherwise drawn little interest.

This guy needs to give it up. He's not starter material, and he won't get anyone to pay him stater money. The G-Men have signed 3 new guys in the secondary, making TT's services no longer needed. The Lions have yet to bring him in for a look despite the efforts of local online scouts.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pickups for the Giants. Rodgers-Cromartie, Amakumura and Thurmond is a strong set of CBs.

Its amazing that everything every other team does is great, but everything the Lions do is wrong. Are you kidding me with this shit? What makes Prince and DRC better than Slay and Houston? Take a look at them for the last 2 years. DRC last year was solid but prior to that the guy was worse than Houston last year. DRC has had 1, ONE, solid year preceeded by a few horrible ones. I guarantee if he was in Detroit you'd have him lumped in with Houston but since he is in NY he is a strong CB. Same thing with Prince. Prince has had 2 mediocre years in NY, never once cracking the top 30 in corners so there is barely any difference between him and Slay at this point, but he is a strong CB. And when did thurmond become good? I am really curious. Is it simply because "he was in seattle" he must be good?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent CB Terrell Thomas visited the Panthers.
Thomas would be a cheap, veteran flier for the Panthers' under-construction secondary. Thomas visited the Raiders last week, but has otherwise drawn little interest.

This guy needs to give it up. He's not starter material, and he won't get anyone to pay him stater money. The G-Men have signed 3 new guys in the secondary, making TT's services no longer needed. The Lions have yet to bring him in for a look despite the efforts of local online scouts.

"CHEAP veteran flier for the panthers UNDER CONSTRUCTION secondary"

Your two paragraphs seem to contradict each other. First paragraph seems to suggest he would be cheap, so not demanding a shit ton of money, and it also implies he would have a solid chance at starting.

Also why should he give it up? He wants to be a starter in the NFL. Isn't that what every player in the NFL should be striving for?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your two paragraphs seem to contradict each other. First paragraph seems to suggest he would be cheap, so not demanding a shit ton of money, and it also implies he would have a solid chance at starting.

Also why should he give it up? He wants to be a starter in the NFL. Isn't that what every player in the NFL should be striving for?

What's so hard to understand? Thomas went into FA looking to start, and he's finding out he's not worth starter money. The Giants told him to fuck off, and signed 3 other guys, implying that not only is he not starter material, he's not even slot material.

Give it up bro. Sign with the Raiders or Panthers on a 1 year deal like he's probably being offered (if he's even being offered anything) for the vet minimum and just be happy to be playing in the NFL.

I can appreciate his determination, but all signs clearly point to him not being a starter in the NFL. Injuries will do that to a player.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hook line sinker Kreton. Why do you always take the bait???