• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens workout was today...

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His agent didn't know if any scouts were going to attend but im sure the 49ers sent a scout

It looks good on paper i just wonder how well they would work together?

Edwards

Owens

Crabtree

Williams

swan

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read no teams are attending. Not even the Titans. No team wants to tip their hat.

He's going to send the video of the workout to all 32 teams.

I am almost certain some team would sign him for the league minimum with some incentives. I've read he's desperate for cash and a job, and he would come in humble.

Considering we are going to have a playoff run, we are gunning for a 1st round bye, and we may have to play high octane teams like the Packers and Saints, personally I would look at the video and look into signing him.

It's great value and good for depth.

A healthy Braylon, healthy T.O., and healthy Crabtree at WR is pretty sick too. The thing is you never know if Braylon's knee or Crabtree's foot is going to act up again.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read no teams are attending. Not even the Titans. No team wants to tip their hat.

He's going to send the video of the workout to all 32 teams.

I am almost certain some team would sign him for the league minimum with some incentives. I've read he's desperate for cash and a job, and he would come in humble.

Considering we are going to have a playoff run, we are gunning for a 1st round bye, and we may have to play high octane teams like the Packers and Saints, personally I would look at the video and look into signing him.

It's great value and good for depth.

A healthy Braylon, healthy T.O., and healthy Crabtree at WR is pretty sick too. The thing is you never know if Braylon's knee or Crabtree's foot is going to act up again.

Link for that? I find it pretty hard to believe.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not what I would call a ringing endorsement from Rice

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Link for that? I find it pretty hard to believe.

T.O. works out, with no teams in attendance | ProFootballTalk

NFL Network carried Terrell Owens‘ workout live on Tuesday afternoon, and Owens had better hope some NFL front office personnel were watching, because no teams were there.

Linday Soto was live on the scene and reported that no teams were confirmed to be in attendance, and that there wasn’t a single team’s scout in the area “unless somebody snuck in and isn’t wearing team gear.” The workout took place on a high school field in Calabasas, California, and the stands were empty.

However, that doesn’t necessarily mean no one is interested in Owens. Coaches, general managers and scouts may have watched the workout on TV, and teams bring in veteran free agents for workouts all the time, so it’s entirely possible that Owens will still get an individual workout.

Owens started the workout wearing a shirt reading “I Am” on the front and “Ready” on the back, then took the shirt off to reveal his chiseled upper body. Although there was no 40-yard dash in the workout, Owens ran pass routes and did agility tests and appeared capable of running and cutting without any problems with his surgically repaired knee.

However, being able to run and cut on a field all by himself is quite a bit different from being able to perform on an NFL field on Sundays. And there are some questions about whether Owens is really ready to compete.

Owens’ former teammate Jerry Rice said on ESPN that Owens looked like “He’s just not in football shape.” And NFL Network’s Charles Davis said Owens seemed tentative in his movement, as if he wasn’t sure whether he could trust his knee.

So Owens’ public workout may not have told us much of anything. The big question now is whether any team will bring him in for a workout without the cameras rolling.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
T.O. was a steal last year for the Bengals and he was their #1 WR, and he really brought game especially against big opponents like the Steelers.

He'll be a steal for whichever team signs him for the league minimum.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened to be off work today and watched it.....it was pretty boring. He went at a fairly slow pace and when he got around to catching passes the QB he used missed him badly several times. I'm guessing the over under on teams taking a look is 1.5 and I'll take the under. Billick suggested Oakland and Tennessee. Another person suggested SFO, but Billick didn't see that happening. He's going to be on NFL tonight chatting some more. I didn't sense he was real humble. He basically said if you watch the tape you'll see the same thing you've always seen from him. Heath Evans said he's two months away from being useful to an NFL team, from a rehab perspective. He's judging that on his personal experience, I believe.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I happened to be off work today and watched it.....it was pretty boring. He went at a fairly slow pace and when he got around to catching passes the QB he used missed him badly several times. I'm guessing the over under on teams taking a look is 1.5 and I'll take the under. Billick suggested Oakland and Tennessee. Another person suggested SFO, but Billick didn't see that happening. He's going to be on NFL tonight chatting some more. I didn't sense he was real humble. He basically said if you watch the tape you'll see the same thing you've always seen from him. Heath Evans said he's two months away from being useful to an NFL team, from a rehab perspective. He's judging that on his personal experience, I believe.

2 months away from being fully effective? Perfect. Bring him in for the league minimum and stash him on the 49ers WR depth chart for the playoff run.

Come playoff time the move will pay dividends, especially if the injury bug catches Crabtree or Edwards again.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The people who keep harping that T.O. is a distraction have got to realize that was 7 years ago when he was on the Eagles and Cowboys. He's 37 now. The guy wants to extend his career some more.

T.O. cannot come onto a team and be a huge distraction anymore. He was not a distraction in Buffalo or Cincinnati. He got along with Palmer just fine last year.

If he comes onto a team and becomes a big distraction he's done and out of the NFL for good, like Randy Moss.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest gripe I have with the argument that he hasn't been a distraction lately is: We're 5-1 right now and why take a chance on messing up a good thing?

The Niners are building an identity right now and if we sign Owens, he's going to be a distraction regardless of if he causes it or not. The media will be all over this. They'll show constant replays of his sideline tantrums. They will replay all the spats he had with Garcia and most definitely him running on to the star against the Cowboys. It'll detract from all the hard work the current roster and management has done at turning around this franchise.

On top of that, he's no guarantee to even produce in our uniform. He's coming off a major knee surgery and needs at least a few weeks to get up to football speed. On top of that he has to learn the entire offense and mesh with the offense. You're right in that he's trying to extend his career and if things don't go his way, if he doesn't get enough targets or play time, if he doesn't produce, the excuses will come flowing. They will have to if he wants to ever get another opportunity after us.

I just see way too many negatives here for us to even take a flier on him. At best, he becomes our main #3, because he won't supplant Edwards or Crabtree at the top two spots. Why take the risk in messing a good thing up?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 months away from being fully effective? Perfect. Bring him in for the league minimum and stash him on the 49ers WR depth chart for the playoff run.

Come playoff time the move will pay dividends, especially if the injury bug catches Crabtree or Edwards again.

He didn't say fully effective. He said useful. I took it to mean 2nd or 3rd option at best. He turns 38 in Dec. I would say best case you are going to get mediocrity with the occasional flash from the past.

The other thing they pointed out is DBs will get real physical with him and make him use the repaired knee. Running around in controlled conditions doesn't test the knee. Who knows how it will hold up under heavy use.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think nobody showed up because they didn't want to send a negative message to their own receiving corps?

I think TO might be good for a team that doesn't need an immediate impact at WR, someplace where he can kinda work his way into playing shape and maybe the starting position again. He'd be horrible for a team like the 49ers because they could use help now, and if everyone is saying he was looking winded... he obviously isn't ready to go tomorrow. He still needs a few weeks.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think nobody showed up because they didn't want to send a negative message to their own receiving corps?

I think TO might be good for a team that doesn't need an immediate impact at WR, someplace where he can kinda work his way into playing shape and maybe the starting position again. He'd be horrible for a team like the 49ers because they could use help now, and if everyone is saying he was looking winded... he obviously isn't ready to go tomorrow. He still needs a few weeks.

My gut feeling is anybody who's interested will want to put them through their own workout at a much faster pace.....everyone will get a tape of today's practice. It was a dog and pony show.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent didn't know if any scouts were going to attend but im sure the 49ers sent a scout

It looks good on paper i just wonder how well they would work together?

Edwards

Owens

Crabtree

Williams

swan

Before this season, I wouldn't have ever said this, but here goes. I can't believe you forgot about Ginn!

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah was. rice was kind of putting owens down.

LOL!! I know huh?! Everything that TO would say, Rice would say "BUT ...." to which TO would respond with the same thing ... well you know, everything was sped up, you know condensed for filming purposes.... yada yada. I hope no GM is fooled by this "workout" by itself. Real game contact and conditioning is going to be a whole different beast.