• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens workout was today...

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so if you were T.O. and you wanted a job in the NFL as WR, what would you do? Sit and home on the couch and wait for someone to call you?

The guy is being proactgive and self-promoting himself with the workout but he's just doing everything he can to get a job, and he's trying to be positive.

I didn't really see anything that was over the top in his workout. He's not coming out saying he's the best, he just said he wants a team, any one of 32 teams, to give him a shot.

I don't think anyone is criticizing him for being proactive in his "job search." What myself and a lot of others are concerned about is the circus that follows him - some created by himself and other parts created by the media. Add to that the question marks about his health/conditioning, it's easy to see why so many people are opposed to bringing him on.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pains me to watch his mannerisms and facial gestures. Once he realized how good he was he transformed into someone you want to punch in the face.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think anyone is criticizing him for being proactive in his "job search." What myself and a lot of others are concerned about is the circus that follows him - some created by himself and other parts created by the media. Add to that the question marks about his health/conditioning, it's easy to see why so many people are opposed to bringing him on.

Approved! Well said, meister...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It pains me to watch his mannerisms and facial gestures. Once he realized how good he was he transformed into someone you want to punch in the face.

LMAO!!! That is precisely what I feel like doing to Crabtree sometimes and he's just an average WR! Perhaps if he ever becomes a 'good' WR I'll feel differently; or, perhaps I'll just want to punch in him the face even more?!? :behindsofa:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.O. works out, with no teams in attendance | ProFootballTalk

NFL Network carried Terrell Owens‘ workout live on Tuesday afternoon, and Owens had better hope some NFL front office personnel were watching, because no teams were there.

Linday Soto was live on the scene and reported that no teams were confirmed to be in attendance, and that there wasn’t a single team’s scout in the area “unless somebody snuck in and isn’t wearing team gear.” The workout took place on a high school field in Calabasas, California, and the stands were empty.

However, that doesn’t necessarily mean no one is interested in Owens. Coaches, general managers and scouts may have watched the workout on TV, and teams bring in veteran free agents for workouts all the time, so it’s entirely possible that Owens will still get an individual workout.

Owens started the workout wearing a shirt reading “I Am” on the front and “Ready” on the back, then took the shirt off to reveal his chiseled upper body. Although there was no 40-yard dash in the workout, Owens ran pass routes and did agility tests and appeared capable of running and cutting without any problems with his surgically repaired knee.

However, being able to run and cut on a field all by himself is quite a bit different from being able to perform on an NFL field on Sundays. And there are some questions about whether Owens is really ready to compete.

Owens’ former teammate Jerry Rice said on ESPN that Owens looked like “He’s just not in football shape.” And NFL Network’s Charles Davis said Owens seemed tentative in his movement, as if he wasn’t sure whether he could trust his knee.

So Owens’ public workout may not have told us much of anything. The big question now is whether any team will bring him in for a workout without the cameras rolling.

I'm not reading anything there indicating TO would "come in humble," did you?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Approved! Well said, meister...

T.O. has never had any issues with conditioning. That is not a problem. The health of the knee is a concern I'll give you that.

When T.O. was in Buffalo or Cincy was there a big media circus? I didn't really see it. The media circus was 5+ years ago from SF -> Philly -> Dallas. Once Dallas cut him when he was past his prime the media circus is basically gone.

Other players (example: Tebow) have a much bigger media circus around them now, for alot less production.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got an offer.

The Arena League's Chicago Rush have offered free agent Terrell Owens a contract.
At least someone wants him. "We feel that this is an ideal time to approach the future NFL Hall of Famer," Rush GM Gene Nudo said. "It would be a fantastic honor to add Terrell to our current roster for the 2012 season." Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, acknowledged on the radio Wednesday that his client has generated no phone calls from NFL clubs after Tuesday's public workout.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.O. has never had any issues with conditioning. That is not a problem. The health of the knee is a concern I'll give you that.

When T.O. was in Buffalo or Cincy was there a big media circus? I didn't really see it. The media circus was 5+ years ago from SF -> Philly -> Dallas. Once Dallas cut him when he was past his prime the media circus is basically gone.

Other players (example: Tebow) have a much bigger media circus around them now, for alot less production.

Once again, let me point out that he is not a young kid any more. The conditioning will probably come back but it is the knee that is and should be everyone's concern. With that in mind, why are you so hasty that we look into signing him? He won't be at a spot on the depth chart that will keep him happy.

As far as the media circus goes, there was little to no history that he had with Buffalo and Cincy. He DOES have a history with the Niners, and sadly only the bad history would come out IF we were to sign him. The questions will not be centered around how he will perform, but how long he will remain content/blows up/causes locker room distractions etc etc...

The difference between Tebow and TO is that the circus around Tebow is created due to factors that don't exist in TO's case. For example, coaches going back and forth about naming a starting QB, going against the fan's demands for naming Tebow the starter, the huge fan following that he has etc etc...

In TO's case, the circus revolves around comments he has made or makes, the way he rubs his teammates.

To sum it up Tebow is not the cause of the circus whereas TO is.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My understanding is that not one of the 32 NFL teams went to, or responded to Terrell Owens' workout and subsequent video. Why do you think that is?

While the # of tents have diminished along with his skills the distraction that is Terrell Owens remains and the last thing we need is a distraction of any kind. Furthermore, even if TO did not come with distractions he would be somewhere between risky and horrible as a fit for our organization.

As for Tebow, first off, Tebow is an entirely different personality and thus, it is an entirely different circumstance with the attention he is getting; second, Tebow has produced a victory - Owens has produced a workout tape - Sorry, Owens loses even against Tebow.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They didn't ditch him, he was going to be a free agent, we had no cap space, and he was very disgruntled. They arguably could have gotten more from him, but it was less than an ideal situation and they didn't send him away just because they thought we had better options.

Either way, that has no bearing on whether we should bring him back now.

We got screwed in that deal...we traded him to the ravens for a second draft pick and the eagles offered us only a fifth round pick and James trash.. T.O didn't want to play for Ravens.so he was allowed to be come a free agent and we ended giving the pick back to the ravens...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got screwed in that deal...we traded him to the ravens for a second draft pick and the eagles offered us only a fifth round pick and James trash.. T.O didn't want to play for Ravens.so he was allowed to be come a free agent and we ended giving the pick back to the ravens...

IIRC, the only way we were even given the opportunity to trade him was because he screwed up the FA paperwork and didn't turn in the necessary forms to release him of his opt out clause. So whether we got crap from the Eagles or gold from the Ravens, we were playing with house money regardless.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IIRC, the only way we were even given the opportunity to trade him was because he screwed up the FA paperwork and didn't turn in the necessary forms to release him of his opt out clause. So whether we got crap from the Eagles or gold from the Ravens, we were playing with house money regardless.

Yeah, though in retrospect, we probably would have been better off with the third round comp pick we would have gotten the next year instead of the 5th rounder and Brandon Whiting that we traded for. Ugh.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, it probably won't happen but I would be happy stashing T.O. on the roster for the league minimum. I'd be happy with him as our 3rd WR, and if someone got hurt again he'd still be a good starter IMHO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tebow has produced a victory - Owens has produced a workout tape - Sorry, Owens loses even against Tebow.

In TO's defense that workout tape could probably beat the Miami Dolphins this year.

By the way, nice call on that one Clyde. You won that round.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tebow has produced a victory - Owens has produced a workout tape - Sorry, Owens loses even against Tebow.

In TO's defense that workout tape could probably beat the Miami Dolphins this year.

By the way, nice call on that one Clyde. You won that round.

Good Point!

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tebow gets on people's nerves as well.

His complaining about losing his starting job during training camp to Orton, plus you either like or dislike his religiousness. You either love him or hate him as well. Some people cannot stand the guy either.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in T.O's history thinks you could "stash him on the Bench" for a month without him acting like TO the drama whore? I'm sure right now on the couch he is lovin him some him and wondering why no team even sent as much as a waterboy to his workout.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why somebody won't take a chance on him. The 49ers were really the only team he was a huge asshole on. Us Cowboys fans didn't have much of a problem with him. Sure, he drew a media circus, but he wasn't really much of a problem aside from his comment about Romo only looking for Witten at the end of the game. Other than that he was pretty supportive of Romo, with the famous "That's my quarterback, waaaaa" interview. I don't remember any real stories of him with the Bills or Bengals, and he put up decent numbers, just not star receiver numbers. I see no reason why a team shouldn't give him a chance and tell him "look dude, you're a #3 or #4 right now, so don't cry if you don't get the ball".

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see why somebody won't take a chance on him. The 49ers were really the only team he was a huge asshole on. Us Cowboys fans didn't have much of a problem with him. Sure, he drew a media circus, but he wasn't really much of a problem aside from his comment about Romo only looking for Witten at the end of the game. Other than that he was pretty supportive of Romo, with the famous "That's my quarterback, waaaaa" interview. I don't remember any real stories of him with the Bills or Bengals, and he put up decent numbers, just not star receiver numbers. I see no reason why a team shouldn't give him a chance and tell him "look dude, you're a #3 or #4 right now, so don't cry if you don't get the ball".

What you described in your last sentence sounds more like someone who needs to stand in a corner rather than stand on the sideline. Honestly, if you have to tell a player not to bitch if he doesn't get the ball, then you are about to make a mistake.

However, your point does allude to what I mentioned earlier, that TO would not be a great fit in our offensive scheme. He needs a WR centric offense like Detroit's.