• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens workout was today...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Braylon & TO are probably about the same in poential level of play right now. But if he's anything close to last year he's still better than Crabby IMO.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the team seems to be gelling and all buying into Harbaughs message why risk messing that up by bringing in the ultimate diva.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes but the team seems to be gelling and all buying into Harbaughs message why risk messing that up by bringing in the ultimate diva.

Good question. They probably shouldn't. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it work out fo some team.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So will AdjustingRoutes launch a tirade against Baalke? Or will he continue to beat the dead horse on off field player behavior and professionalism?

:deadhorse:

Did he get banned? Too bad he was becoming the new Cazic or was he new?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys have it all wrong.

T.O. is not going to wreck the chemistry. He did not in Buffalo or Cincy. Both teams had horrible years so they went young.

For the league minimum, it would be extremely wise for the 49ers to stash T.O. on the bench. Our WRs have been hurt, and we could use him. The season is still long and we are going to the playoffs.

Actually putting him on the 49ers bench for a month and having him get into top shape would be fine.

What happens if Braylon or Crabtree go down again???

Cut Swain and sign T.O.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also why would a 37 year old receiver who tore his ACL, go through 6 months rehab, travel overseas to get stem cell treatment, and try to come back??? Why wouldn't the guy just retire like 99% of the rest???

The dude *wants* to play football this year. His work ethic as a WR is probably only 2nd to Jerry.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....And not a single NFL team showed up. Wow! How embarrassing.

And despite that, his reaction was basically, "SO WHAT?!?!?!?! I'm so good somebody gonna sign me."

Doesn't exactly scream, "I'M HUMBLE!!!!!!!!"

Same old TO. Operative word: old.

Pass.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I happened to be off work today and watched it.....it was pretty boring. He went at a fairly slow pace and when he got around to catching passes the QB he used missed him badly several times. I'm guessing the over under on teams taking a look is 1.5 and I'll take the under. Billick suggested Oakland and Tennessee. Another person suggested SFO, but Billick didn't see that happening. He's going to be on NFL tonight chatting some more. I didn't sense he was real humble. He basically said if you watch the tape you'll see the same thing you've always seen from him. Heath Evans said he's two months away from being useful to an NFL team, from a rehab perspective. He's judging that on his personal experience, I believe.

Heath Evans? How would he know? He comes off as stupid on Twitter but that just might be the medium.
Also, I am not sure what humility brings to a team.

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think nobody showed up because they didn't want to send a negative message to their own receiving corps?

I think TO might be good for a team that doesn't need an immediate impact at WR, someplace where he can kinda work his way into playing shape and maybe the starting position again. He'd be horrible for a team like the 49ers because they could use help now, and if everyone is saying he was looking winded... he obviously isn't ready to go tomorrow. He still needs a few weeks.

I think nobody showed up because

1). This is 38-year-old, surgically repaired knee, TO. The TO who is universally hated in the front offices of SF, Philly, Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati. Regardless of your opinion on those FO's, those FO's have pull around the rest of the league, and are doubtlessly talking to their peers.

And

2). Nobody is that desperate. Moss is in better shape, younger, and presents a better opportunity for a team to take a "flier" on an over-the-hill WR.

Clearly Owens thinks he's in the prime of his career. Reality suggests he'd be the fourth option on our team AT BEST. Crabtree, Edwards, Davis, Walker and Gore would all be ahead of Owens in Smith's list of available targets. If Morgan were healthy Owens would be fifth in the pecking order. I don't see Owens being okay with being the fifth option behind those guys. History bears this out.

Owens isn't capable of demanding double teams anymore. That ship has sailed. I'd rather see Rice come back in a 9er uniform than Owens, at this point.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers FO that let TO must not garner much respect from other FO in the NFL these days.
TO had 983 yards receiving while Moss had less than 400, both had high YPC.

I don;t think I want Owens back but he is a good receiver that will get a lot of receiving yards for a decent QB if given the chance.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers FO that let TO must not garner much respect from other FO in the NFL these days.
TO had 983 yards receiving while Moss had less than 400, both had high YPC.

I don;t think I want Owens back but he is a good receiver that will get a lot of receiving yards for a decent QB if given the chance.

That FO? No, probably not. I would think that the Dallas and Philly FO's still have quite a bit of pull. And he was one and done in both Buffalo and Cincinnati. Not ringing endorsements.

He's going to be 38 in December. We didn't keep Jerry Rice when he was 38. Why would we bother with somebody who was never as good, physically, talent-wise, or in the huddle?

Again, pass.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That FO? No, probably not. I would think that the Dallas and Philly FO's still have quite a bit of pull. And he was one and done in both Buffalo and Cincinnati. Not ringing endorsements.

He's going to be 38 in December. We didn't keep Jerry Rice when he was 38. Why would we bother with somebody who was never as good, physically, talent-wise, or in the huddle?

Again, pass.

What kind of problems did he cause in Buffalo and Cincy?
Buffalo went 6-10 the year they had Owens, they dumped QB Edwards, went with young Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson.
Cincy went 4-12. They dumped Carson, Ocho and T.O. a complete youth purge. If anything Carson was acting like a baby in the offseason threatening to retire instead of returning to Cincy.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Again, pass.

I say pass too...Jerry Rice what?
The Niners were a joke organization when they ditched TO, that was my point.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath Evans? How would he know? He comes off as stupid on Twitter but that just might be the medium.
Also, I am not sure what humility brings to a team.

He claimed to have had a similar injury....no idea if it's true or not, just passing along info.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And despite that, his reaction was basically, "SO WHAT?!?!?!?! I'm so good somebody gonna sign me."

Doesn't exactly scream, "I'M HUMBLE!!!!!!!!"

Same old TO. Operative word: old.

Pass.

That and showing up in a t-shirt that reads "I'M READY"? Yeah, some things never change. I'll pass too!

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before this season, I wouldn't have ever said this, but here goes. I can't believe you forgot about Ginn!

i didn't forget about him...i was thinking that we could use him on certain plays on offense but mainly he would do the kick offs and punt returns..but realistic thinking he would be the number 4 wide receiver on the depth chart and swan would be the odd man out unless we kept him for his special teams ability

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What kind of problems did he cause in Buffalo and Cincy?
Buffalo went 6-10 the year they had Owens, they dumped QB Edwards, went with young Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson.
Cincy went 4-12. They dumped Carson, Ocho and T.O. a complete youth purge. If anything Carson was acting like a baby in the offseason threatening to retire instead of returning to Cincy.

Carson act like a baby or Mike Brown acting like a slave owner?

The guy could be the poster child for "Horrible Bosses"...Carson Palmer is irrelevant to T.O.'s getting dumped by the Bengals. Red flags on this guy? More like blazing neon signs, spotlights...imagine a carnival on steroids...TO is toxic and won't take kindly to being paid the league min which is what he would be lucky to get.

Humility has no place on a football team? Really, why are the truly great ones humble...Jerry, Walsh, Payton, Sanders, etc?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok so if you were T.O. and you wanted a job in the NFL as WR, what would you do? Sit and home on the couch and wait for someone to call you?

The guy is being proactgive and self-promoting himself with the workout but he's just doing everything he can to get a job, and he's trying to be positive.

I didn't really see anything that was over the top in his workout. He's not coming out saying he's the best, he just said he wants a team, any one of 32 teams, to give him a shot.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners were a joke organization when they ditched TO, that was my point.

They didn't ditch him, he was going to be a free agent, we had no cap space, and he was very disgruntled. They arguably could have gotten more from him, but it was less than an ideal situation and they didn't send him away just because they thought we had better options.

Either way, that has no bearing on whether we should bring him back now.