• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terran Petteway's Press Conference

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a person who's Mother is also battling cancer, I would just like to point out that the real world doesn't care. You are expected to perform at a high level on a daily basis, no matter what.

I wish him and his family the best but also want him to get his shit together. MOSTLY for his sake. I won't deny that him and the team playing better produces joy in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I truly sympathize with him if he loves his mother anywhere close to what I love mine. I couldn't imagine dealing with that.

The truth is though, his mother is not what's causing him to act like an idiot.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a person who's Mother is also battling cancer, I would just like to point out that the real world doesn't care. You are expected to perform at a high level on a daily basis, no matter what.

I wish him and his family the best but also want him to get his shit together. MOSTLY for his sake. I won't deny that him and the team playing better produces joy in my life.

That is one of the coldest things I have ever heard in my life. He is a 19 20 year old kid. Clearly Tim Miles cares and I thank God I had a manager that told me to take what ever time I needed when my mom had cancer. He told me don't worry about it the job will be here and I get the feeling Miles told him don't worry about it there will be other seasons.

To tell a kid to get over it because there is a basketball game to play is absolutely idiotic.IMNSHO

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the coldest things I have ever heard in my life. He is a 19 20 year old kid. Clearly Tim Miles cares and I thank God I had a manager that told me to take what ever time I needed when my mom had cancer. He told me don't worry about it the job will be here and I get the feeling Miles told him don't worry about it there will be other seasons.

To tell a kid to get over it because there is a basketball game to play is absolutely idiotic.IMNSHO

It's not just a game to someone who is planning on making a living doing it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fair point. However, he's also there to get an education. I assume he's there to get a degree too.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in college, he's ranked third in the Big Ten offensively even with the year he's having. ANd if it doesn't work out this year he's got next. Yeah, it's a game and Miles was genius having him go to the media because now he is going to get slack. Why? Because people do care.

He'll be fine, hope his mom does as well. I know you're just looking out for his best interest :L but really he'll be fine.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're mom is truly battling cancer (which I trust that she is despite some posters on this board) I appreciate the 'inside perspectice' despite some posters on this board. I've often wondered what the 'normal person's' perspective on this is. It's always seemed to me that it's somehat like "oh whatever cancer shouldn't affect your basketball" but I've never really known, Ya know?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, horrible thing to have to deal with. I watched one of my best friends go through it and it wasn't fun.

Usually though experiencing something like that is going to humble a person faster than it's going to make them act like a diva in front of the entire country. So I think it's a pretty poor excuse.

The best thing Petteway could do for his mother now is clean up his act and look like a mature well-raised young man.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, many number of people will handle it differently. Initially I let it run my life for a bit. But it didnt do me any good. I'm around her when I can be and let her know i love her any chance i get. Moving forward with life and my career doesn't mean I don't care and it was the best thing for me. I have a wife and (soon) a kid to look after. There is nothing I can do about it so I choose to worry about the things I can control.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're mom is truly battling cancer (which I trust that she is despite some posters on this board) I appreciate the 'inside perspectice' despite some posters on this board. I've often wondered what the 'normal person's' perspective on this is. It's always seemed to me that it's somehat like "oh whatever cancer shouldn't affect your basketball" but I've never really known, Ya know?

I don't think I ever questioned what he was going through. I questioned whether the guy should be cut some slack. I then said I appreciated it when I was cut some slack when my mother was going through cancer. So I don't question his circumstances if that is what you're saying while not saying it. You're clearly trying to say something so I would suggest if you got something to say, just say it.