• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Te'o

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew attended Te'o's proday, interviewed him at the combine, and hosted him in Allen Park.

"It was great," Mayhew said. "Very smart guy. Very smart football player. Very personable. Great personality. That was actually one of the schools I went to. When I was there, you couldn't find anybody to say anything negative about him.
"Just a great leader in their program and a great football player for them over the years. They have so much respect for him, and I do too after meeting with him. He's just a great young man."

I know Mayhew is going to be a professional and all, but we may be looking at our 2nd round pick. I was high on Te'o before his girlfriend ruined his life. If he is there at 37, I think he may be a Lion.

Milliner/Te'o 1 and 2.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words: Smoke screen.

We're set with Tully in the middle, and Te'o doesn't fit at either OLB spot...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o could play middle or outside. I dont know that he would be any worse to Durant. Not too long ago he was considered a top 10 pick, some even had him in the top 5. And why smoke screen a guy noone else really wants?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make someone think we're interested in him at #36...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Mayhew.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o could play middle or outside. I dont know that he would be any worse to Durant. Not too long ago he was considered a top 10 pick, some even had him in the top 5. And why smoke screen a guy noone else really wants?

Not saying he can't move outside. He will not move Tully outside...to me I would rather draft a OLB not a MLB to play outside

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is talent and the pro game is different than the college game. A guy may play one position in college and move in the NFL. It happens. (see Riley Reiff)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is talent and the pro game is different than the college game. A guy may play one position in college and move in the NFL. It happens. (see Riley Reiff)

Reiff has not moved yet Sparky!! :gaah:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Mayhew is going to be a professional and all, but we may be looking at our 2nd round pick.

As a huge ND homer, I would love to see Te'o on the Lions. People are really only remembering his game against Bama. People like to forget what a great season he had before that ONE game. He still went up against top talent. Bama manhandled everyone(cept TamU).

My only concern is whether he CAN play OLB. He was never asked to at ND. Btw, last year all 30 athletes the Lions brought in for visits went unsigned or undrafted by the Lions. Just a little piece of info I like to keep throwing out there. Jutst because interest is made via the media before the draft doesn't mean we'll land any of them.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I aslo think we have more pressing needs than Te'o. I know I know, BPA, BPA.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lions look at Teo for no other reason than the possibility he slips to fourth or fifth round. Likely it doesnt happen, but it seems that every year there is a player who drops a few rounds lower than expected. The whole scandal thing makes him a prime suspect.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just No thank you for the Alabama game......I'm sure he would of looked like a stud if he played for Alabama against the Irish. But he didn't. He played against Alabama against NFL ready players and looked like hmmm well not very good.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combine didn't help......This has nothing to do with the media debacle......He's just not that talented, we have a MLB that Teo would actually sit behind.....That 40 scares the hell out of me.....That is slow.....NFL isn't Big Ten football......Speed kills.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just No thank you for the Alabama game
Exactly. All you focus on is the Bama game. Not surprising.

I'm sure he would of looked like a stud if he played for Alabama against the Irish. But he didn't.
See, you say this^^, but then say the Bama players were all "NFL ready". It's one or the other. You can't say he would look good if he played for Bama, then say he's just not talented. Your hatred for ND shines through like a cheap balnket. That's why I don't put any stock into what you say. Not that that should surprise you.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with the media debacle
Correct. It has to do with you hating anything ND related.

NFL isn't Big Ten football......Speed kills.
So then maybe Denard isn't really that fast, considering he played against mainly B1G schools. That game against Bama(you know, chocked full of "NFL ready" players) he sure looked horrendous. But....I don't focus on just one game, like some Seahwak fans.

Denard is a horrible passer, and he doesn't have enough experience anywhere else to be drafted in the 2nd like you originally said(on the CBS boards). Sure, he's fast. So is everyone else in the NFL. His route running isn't great, and nobody knows how he would even do in the return game. Just b/c he's fast doesn't mean he can hit the right lanes or holes.

I wouldn't mind him on the Lions, just not until the 5th round or so.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o's boyfriend's cousin has done Fairley well for the Tigers so far this season hevo. I'll get you a jersey next time I go to Comerica. (Not ND himself, but close enough, right? :)