• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think you don't understand traveling fan bases. Just because you wouldn't go to a game 2 hours away, doesn't mean other people won't. The majority of our fans already travel much farther than that for every home game. VT hardly has 'locals' at their games. Look at Blacksburg on a map. There really isn't anything less than 2 hours away.

Agreed see point of reference to my thread above where I think he is geographically challenged. If the Speedway was 8 hours away or something he may have a point but it's quite obvious he either doesn't know where Bristol is in relation to the schools and/or understand VT / Vol fan bases.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion of who would be a better fit for this game is of no consequence and not a factual point that can be used.

i think thats code for: i cant make a solid rebuttal to that.

i dunno dude. at this point in time its too much of a stretch for me to believe. the biggest issue is that they dont have a clue where to put the field. thats a pretty big problem. for syracuse the biggest problem came down to not enough cable outlets for the camera's. there are logistical issue's that seem so trivial but can have huge impacts & need to be worked out.

you keep mentioning how this is gonna be history with the attendance however all the ncaa attendance records that get broken, syracuse, penn state, & michigan. all did so with on campus by rallying the locals. doing that when the game is 2 hrs away is a totally different ballpark here and i just dont see that happening. if we were talking a stadium that kept the fan experience intact hell id do it to, but the shitty fan experience is gonna hurt a lot. personally im not gonna watch that game in person unless its a guaranteed sell out

Again, your opinion on something does not make it fact. I stated that the schools are close by and shown to travel if not. Its a proven fact that Tennessee fans travel, its a proven fact that VT fans travel and both have huge fan bases. I am not sure what else you want for a one off game at a close proximity site that it being tailor suited for the event by the promoter of the event.

Publicity will be through the roof as Bruton will make sure of that. He has contacts at every major network, sports promotions companies, advertisers and many of the largest companies in the world due to his ties in NASCAR, he can make this event work.

You keep talking of the fan experience, but i would be willing to bet you have never set foot in the venue itself. Talking about something that is a yet unforeseen event and the fan experience is so out of place, especially taking into context you probably have never even seen the venue in person or attended an even in that place. Why not let the big boys handle the details, let the game happen and then if you didnt like it, speak about it then. To trash an event that hasnt happened and speak on the fan experience is a bit absurd and presumptuous.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion of who would be a better fit for this game is of no consequence and not a factual point that can be used.

i think thats code for: i cant make a solid rebuttal to that.

i dunno dude. at this point in time its too much of a stretch for me to believe. the biggest issue is that they dont have a clue where to put the field. thats a pretty big problem. for syracuse the biggest problem came down to not enough cable outlets for the camera's. there are logistical issue's that seem so trivial but can have huge impacts & need to be worked out.

you keep mentioning how this is gonna be history with the attendance however all the ncaa attendance records that get broken, syracuse, penn state, & michigan. all did so with on campus by rallying the locals. doing that when the game is 2 hrs away is a totally different ballpark here and i just dont see that happening. if we were talking a stadium that kept the fan experience intact hell id do it to, but the shitty fan experience is gonna hurt a lot. personally im not gonna watch that game in person unless its a guaranteed sell out

I am beginning to think you don't understand traveling fan bases. Just because you wouldn't go to a game 2 hours away, doesn't mean other people won't. The majority of our fans already travel much farther than that for every home game. VT hardly has 'locals' at their games. Look at Blacksburg on a map. There really isn't anything less than 2 hours away.

Hell, I am living in Charlotte, NC right now and I will and have driven to Alabama games, thats 7 hours away by car. I drove to New rleans one time from Bham, Al and thats like 9 hours. Its not too far if your team is playing and you really are a true fan and want to see them play.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fanbases travel, but for this type of event you are asking for the full mobilization of a fanbase. not your typical neutral location game. sure vtech travels well, but to draw 80,000 at a game 2 hrs west of blacksburg??? not seeing it

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed see point of reference to my thread above where I think he is geographically challenged. If the Speedway was 8 hours away or something he may have a point but it's quite obvious he either doesn't know where Bristol is in relation to the schools and/or understand VT / Vol fan bases.

Maybe he thinks its Bristol, UK or Bristol, Connecticut? not sure, but he is obviously butthurt about it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fanbases travel, but for this type of event you are asking for the full mobilization of a fanbase. not your typical neutral location game. sure vtech travels well, but to draw 80,000 at a game 2 hrs west of blacksburg??? not seeing it

your argument...
Ben-Wyatt-I-Dont-Get-It-At-All.gif

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, your opinion on something does not make it fact. I stated that the schools are close by and shown to travel if not. Its a proven fact that Tennessee fans travel, its a proven fact that VT fans travel and both have huge fan bases. I am not sure what else you want for a one off game at a close proximity site that it being tailor suited for the event by the promoter of the event.

Publicity will be through the roof as Bruton will make sure of that. He has contacts at every major network, sports promotions companies, advertisers and many of the largest companies in the world due to his ties in NASCAR, he can make this event work.

You keep talking of the fan experience, but i would be willing to bet you have never set foot in the venue itself. Talking about something that is a yet unforeseen event and the fan experience is so out of place, especially taking into context you probably have never even seen the venue in person or attended an even in that place. Why not let the big boys handle the details, let the game happen and then if you didnt like it, speak about it then. To trash an event that hasnt happened and speak on the fan experience is a bit absurd and presumptuous.

im not a redneck

even you admitted the fan experience was gonna be bad and theres already been some graphics of it showed from a fan perspective and it looks bad. how far will the front row be from the field? 80 yards maybe????

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a National Event. Once in a lifetime deal. WHen you have people like me already considering going that has zero ties to either school and I am way up in the PAC NW....

Ya, it will sell out. Kiss the attendance record goodbye RustyNail.

Dont be so Jelly

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not a redneck

even you admitted the fan experience was gonna be bad and theres already been some graphics of it showed from a fan perspective and it looks bad. how far will the front row be from the field? 80 yards maybe????

What does being a redneck have to do with going to a NASCAR race? Please tell me.

Tracks in California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York....etc. i can go on, not all tracks are in the south and not all fans of the sport are rednecks you bigoted little twit.

And never said the fan experience would be bad. I also gave you information of Bruton making the Fan experience better by adding in his pre-game shows and the like. I went to a Race in Charlotte one time and he had 3 Doors down at the track for a full concert before the race. He is known for his shows he has before the races, wont be any different for this event if the NCAA allows it to happen the way he wants it too.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a National Event. Once in a lifetime deal. WHen you have people like me already considering going that has zero ties to either school and I am way up in the PAC NW....

Dont be so Jelly

See its true. Hell, i hate Tennessee from my early days of Alabama football and Johnny Majors and even i want to go.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont be so Jelly

Pretty much this.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See its true. Hell, i hate Tennessee from my early days of Alabama football and Johnny Majors and even i want to go.

Troof.

I'll be considering it, it's really not that far from me (north Bama) and I think it will be an awesome time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troof.

I'll be considering it, it's really not that far from me (north Bama) and I think it will be an awesome time.

Not sure where I will be in 2016, but I would fly in for this event, its worth it to me.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does being a redneck have to do with going to a NASCAR race? Please tell me.

Tracks in California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York....etc. i can go on, not all tracks are in the south and not all fans of the sport are rednecks you bigoted little twit.

And never said the fan experience would be bad. I also gave you information of Bruton making the Fan experience better by adding in his pre-game shows and the like. I went to a Race in Charlotte one time and he had 3 Doors down at the track for a full concert before the race. He is known for his shows he has before the races, wont be any different for this event if the NCAA allows it to happen the way he wants it too.

you really have to ask?????

and it doesnt matter what your boy pulls to get people to come to the stadium, theres nothing he can do to get people to watch the damn game in person. who the F... wants to watch a game through binoculars

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and it doesnt matter what your boy pulls to get people to come to the stadium, theres nothing he can do to get people to watch the damn game in person. who the F... wants to watch a game through binoculars

it is way more than just a game. It is an event. The tailgating alone will draw 10s of thousands. Including hopefully me.

I just dont think you are grasping American sports culture.

But that is expected from a guy with 5 fav teams

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must be outside your damn mind if you really think people won't go to something like this.