• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much any Tech fan I've talked to so far has said there's no way they're going to miss it. This is a once in a lifetime thing, and as Mamba pointed out, the tailgating scene alone is going to be worth the trip.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really have to ask?????

and it doesnt matter what your boy pulls to get people to come to the stadium, theres nothing he can do to get people to watch the damn game in person. who the F... wants to watch a game through binoculars

I did ask, so evidently i needed to. Other than the places I named for states with tracks, can you name 5 other NASCAR venues not in the south that could possibly be in those states or others and there are more not in the south than the ones i mentioned. Its a national sport, not redneck by any means.

And again as i have stated before, your opinion on anything does not make it fact. I have given you actual facts of things he has done to back up my claims, all you have is a lousy opinion and a narrow minded view on life. What else you got for proof.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is way more than just a game. It is an event. The tailgating alone will draw 10s of thousands. Including hopefully me.

I just dont think you are grasping American sports culture.

But that is expected from a guy with 5 fav teams

That's what really has my attention. The game will be good and cool to see in a completely different environment that we're accustomed to, but the tailgating will off the chain. Fans from TONS of different teams will prolly be there and I think that'd be cool as hell.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much any Tech fan I've talked to so far has said there's no way they're going to miss it. This is a once in a lifetime thing, and as Mamba pointed out, the tailgating scene alone is going to be worth the trip.

Probably an epic tail gate experience.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is way more than just a game. It is an event. The tailgating alone will draw 10s of thousands. Including hopefully me.

I just dont think you are grasping American sports culture.

But that is expected from a guy with 5 fav teams

i dont you are grasping the part where people show up just for the tailgate & skip the game

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be more than 100k Tennessee fans there (it's in freakin TN...). Virginia Tech should bring, what, 40-50k? And then add in all the locals and casual fans who just want to be there. It will be a sell out, or very, very close.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and seriously, enough with the redneck bullshit. You know, if drinking some domestic lights while hanging with your buddies in the woods, shootin fishin en sech makes me a redneck...

I own that shit.

Shit, I even wear camo quite a bit and I chew copenhagen. Sterotype mea redneck? OK...

Wife and kids still love me and I have some of the best friends a guy could ask for. Doesnt bother me a bit and I doubt anyone else that you are sterotyping.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what really has my attention. The game will be good and cool to see in a completely different environment that we're accustomed to, but the tailgating will off the chain. Fans from TONS of different teams will prolly be there and I think that'd be cool as hell.

SPORTHOOPLA INAUGURAL TAILGATE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont you are grasping the part where people show up just for the tailgate & skip the game

Not many will drive to Bristol, Tennessee and not go in for the game, nothing else to do there and really not many places to stay, its a day trip in all directions for the fans. They can drive in late the night before, camp and go to the game or they can come in for the tail gate parties and go to the game, then leave, its done all the time in that area for races.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did ask, so evidently i needed to. Other than the places I named for states with tracks, can you name 5 other NASCAR venues not in the south that could possibly be in those states or others and there are more not in the south than the ones i mentioned. Its a national sport, not redneck by any means.

And again as i have stated before, your opinion on anything does not make it fact. I have given you actual facts of things he has done to back up my claims, all you have is a lousy opinion and a narrow minded view on life. What else you got for proof.

its a redneck sport dude.......

have you ever met someone who was surprised to see rednecks at a race before?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I have season tix and have given tix away to Duck fans to sit in the parking lot and watch the game on tv to continue the party.

Along with thousands of other fans. And that is just lil ol Oregon at lil ol Autzen Stadium.

Have you been to a College Game? Starting to question that heavily.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many will drive to Bristol, Tennessee and not go in for the game, nothing else to do there and really not many places to stay, its a day trip in all directions for the fans. They can drive in late the night before, camp and go to the game or they can come in for the tail gate parties and go to the game, then leave, its done all the time in that area for races.

dude you were just pimping this out as a destination location

either

1. they leave when the game starts

2. this awesome epic tailgate w/ festivities still goes on in lesser form during the game

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPORTHOOPLA INAUGURAL TAILGATE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you could bank on at least 20 VT plosters

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I have season tix and have given tix away to Duck fans to sit in the parking lot and watch the game on tv to continue the party.

Along with thousands of other fans. And that is just lil ol Oregon at lil ol Autzen Stadium.

Have you been to a College Game? Starting to question that heavily.

i dont think you have dude. ive seen in both the NFL & cfb where people show up just for the party

and ive heard all the comments on the thread go along the lines of "im going because of the tailgate"

get the picture?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a redneck sport dude.......

have you ever met someone who was surprised to see rednecks at a race before?

I will ask you a better one, have you ever been to one of these races?

When the drivers are sponsored by Coke, Pepsi, GoDaddy and internationally know names like that, its not a redneck sport, its a marketable commodity. When a driver can have a bad year and make over a million, its not a redneck sport. When drivers from all over the world want to get involved, its not a redneck sport.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will ask you a better one, have you ever been to one of these races?

When the drivers are sponsored by Coke, Pepsi, GoDaddy and internationally know names like that, its not a redneck sport, its a marketable commodity. When a driver can have a bad year and make over a million, its not a redneck sport. When drivers from all over the world want to get involved, its not a redneck sport.

until they kick out the rednecks.....its still a redneck sport no matter how hard they try to distance themselves from their confederate roots

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be late to the party, but I'm starting to think this guy doesn't have a clue about anything that goes on outside his yankee bubble he lives in.