• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tejada/Rowand DFA'd

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sad Cam. Rowand is not the class act some make him out to believe.

I think Baggs said yesterday that Bam Bam has given up even trying to work with Rowand because he refused to listen to anything he had to say.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

i pray this was taken out of context.

Totally out of context. It's funnier that way. He was answering a question about if he saw it coming. Still, he did say try to play baseball. The fact that they were asking him about being DFAed should be an indication that he failed.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Rowand, I must be a little disconnected. If the claims are true, then he definitely can go fist himself.

Oh well, a good day nonetheless. Maybe this can shake us from our doldrums.

Seems like a lot of "I heard this' and 'I read that'...I save the vitriol I'm seeing here for Rowand for guys like Scott Cousins.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like a lot of "I heard this' and 'I read that'...I save the vitriol I'm seeing here for Rowand for guys like Scott Cousins.

Fuck Scott Cousins. If we never hear from him again and he never plays another day in the big leagues, I think we'll all be happy.

Seeing that replay AGAIN on The Franchise a few episodes ago, I still get mad at that piece of shit. Dude launched himself ACROSS the plate and set his right (outside) shoulder into Posey's right (inside) shoulder with BOTH feet off the ground. There is never a place for that in baseball.

Fuck Cousins. I would rather put Rowand back in a Giants uniform and have him play every day in CF next season than see that little fuck take another cut in the majors.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Scott Cousins. If we never hear from him again and he never plays another day in the big leagues, I think we'll all be happy.

Seeing that replay AGAIN on The Franchise a few episodes ago, I still get mad at that piece of shit. Dude launched himself ACROSS the plate and set his right (outside) shoulder into Posey's right (inside) shoulder with BOTH feet off the ground. There is never a place for that in baseball.

Fuck Cousins. I would rather put Rowand back in a Giants uniform and have him play every day in CF next season than see that little fuck take another cut in the majors.

Exactly my point. +1.

A small consolation: Marlins promising season went kablooey pretty much right after that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shoulda been done months ago. Better late than never, I guess.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. +1.

A small consolation: Marlins promising season went kablooey pretty much right after that.

Is it just me or doesn't it seem like bad things happen when Guillermo Mota has been on the mound this year? Maybe he's just bad luck this year.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or doesn't it seem like bad things happen when Guillermo Mota has been on the mound this year? Maybe he's just bad luck this year.

Partially true, but by job definition, he gets thrown into some pretty helpless causes with little expectation of success. The lack of control recently is very frustrating, so I can understand the assessment.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Baggarly:

BREAKING NEWS: Giants designate Miguel Tejada, Aaron Rowand for assignment | Extra Baggs

Were Tejada and Rowand major problems in the clubhouse? Well, both Bochy and Sabean tried to take the highest possible road, commending both Tejada and Rowand for their efforts. When pressed on Rowand’s disappointing Giants career, Sabean said, “Not getting into that. It didn’t turn out. Nothing more to be said. He was given opportunities and it just didn’t turn out.”

But according to sources, Rowand’s complaining reached a critical level this season. “He’s doing everything possible to get out of here,” one player said earlier this week.

and about Tejada:

Then there was Tejada’s very public pouting over being asked to sacrifice bunt on Sunday.

Bochy claimed that incident played no role in the move to designate him. In fact, Bochy commended Tejada for dealing with the issue on Tuesday.

“Miggy came in. He talked to Ronny and myself,” said Bochy, referring to bench coach Ron Wotus. “He said he didn’t mean to disrespect Ronny by any means. I was a little frustrated, sure, but that … has nothing to do with the moves that were made. He owned up to it and I respect that. He wanted it to come out as, `I wanted to hit there. I wanted to help out.’ He was man enough to come in and say, `Hey, I was wrong.’”

So maybe hold off on your venom for Tejada. Dude just isn't smart. Rowand on the other hand, is a douche.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baggarly:

BREAKING NEWS: Giants designate Miguel Tejada, Aaron Rowand for assignment | Extra Baggs

Were Tejada and Rowand major problems in the clubhouse? Well, both Bochy and Sabean tried to take the highest possible road, commending both Tejada and Rowand for their efforts. When pressed on Rowand’s disappointing Giants career, Sabean said, “Not getting into that. It didn’t turn out. Nothing more to be said. He was given opportunities and it just didn’t turn out.”

But according to sources, Rowand’s complaining reached a critical level this season. “He’s doing everything possible to get out of here,” one player said earlier this week.

and about Tejada:

Then there was Tejada’s very public pouting over being asked to sacrifice bunt on Sunday.

Bochy claimed that incident played no role in the move to designate him. In fact, Bochy commended Tejada for dealing with the issue on Tuesday.

“Miggy came in. He talked to Ronny and myself,” said Bochy, referring to bench coach Ron Wotus. “He said he didn’t mean to disrespect Ronny by any means. I was a little frustrated, sure, but that … has nothing to do with the moves that were made. He owned up to it and I respect that. He wanted it to come out as, `I wanted to hit there. I wanted to help out.’ He was man enough to come in and say, `Hey, I was wrong.’”

So maybe hold off on your venom for Tejada. Dude just isn't smart. Rowand on the other hand, is a douche.

Be interesting to see how he's portrayed in the Moneyball movie, where he's played by Royce Clayton (!). Yes, that Royce Clayton.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baggarly:

and about Tejada:

To corroborate the bolded part, if you don't mind Cam, CSN BA pregame described Ro - Ro as "not the happiest of campers".

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which begs the question: would you rather be dumb with 6.5 mil and no job or a douche with 12 mil and no job?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To corroborate the bolded part, if you don't mind Cam, CSN BA pregame described Ro - Ro as "not the happiest of campers".

LMAO. Let him go be unhappy somewhere else. I hope another team does sign that piece of shit once he clears. It'll be fun to watch a .215/.240/.310 line for another team.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. Let him go be unhappy somewhere else. I hope another team does sign that piece of shit once he clears. It'll be fun to watch a .215/.240/.310 line for another team.

Sabean is trying to trade them both. Might actually be able to get something (abet very very little) for these guys.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Urban (refering to Rowand): "When he comes back in 10-15 years he's going to be embraced, remembered by this community fondly..."

Are you kidding?!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which begs the question: would you rather be dumb with 6.5 mil and no job or a douche with 12 mil and no job?

The latter, because that douche gets ANOTHER $12 mil next year job or no...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Urban (refering to Rowand): "When he comes back in 10-15 years he's going to be embraced, remembered by this community fondly..."

Are you kidding?!

The parallel to Marvin Benard is almost exact. And Gamer has a ring. Urban's right.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The parallel to Marvin Benard is almost exact. And Gamer has a ring. Urban's right.

True. My sister just heard the news and called me pissed off that they released him.

He's one of her favorites because of his butt. And she did say, he won a ring with us.

Perfect example of a causal fan who will embrace him (which I guess is who Urban was referring to).