• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tejada/Rowand DFA'd

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. My sister just heard the news and called me pissed off that they released him.

He's one of her favorites because of his butt. And she did say, he won a ring with us.

Perfect example of a causal fan who will embrace him (which I guess is who Urban was referring to).

Also, he played here a few years (in CF), had a gamer rep (like Benard), roided (not with us, but like Benard), had some good production (not always, nor at the end, like Benard), was overpaid (like Benard), was a little small (like Benard). He's like the same guy...and the team will give him props like they do every warm body (like Benard).

And when they do the 2010 Championship Team Day at the park in 2020, 2030, etc he'll be on the field waving at the crowd along with Uribe, Ross, Huff, and the rest of em.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Urban (refering to Rowand): "When he comes back in 10-15 years he's going to be embraced, remembered by this community fondly..."

Are you kidding?!

Our only consolation is that he didn't make an All-Star team while playing for the Giants and was not here long enough to make the Wall of Longevity without the AS appearance. So while Marvin is on the wall, Rowand will never be.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true... but in this scenario, you're a really big douche. :)

I'd rather be a douche than a dummy. Some would say that's pretty much already the case...

Throw in the extra $18 mil and I'm sold!

:peace:

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I get off of work and this is the news I come home to?!?!?!?1

Can you say best fucking day ever ?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather be a douche than a dummy. Some would say that's pretty much already the case...

Throw in the extra $18 mil and I'm sold!

:peace:

Good enough for me. If you can't buy friends with $18 mil, what can you buy? That reminds me of Daniel Tosh's stand-up when he says, "Sure. Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a jet ski, and try not to smile while riding on a jet ski."

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baggarly:

BREAKING NEWS: Giants designate Miguel Tejada, Aaron Rowand for assignment | Extra Baggs

Were Tejada and Rowand major problems in the clubhouse? Well, both Bochy and Sabean tried to take the highest possible road, commending both Tejada and Rowand for their efforts. When pressed on Rowand’s disappointing Giants career, Sabean said, “Not getting into that. It didn’t turn out. Nothing more to be said. He was given opportunities and it just didn’t turn out.”

But according to sources, Rowand’s complaining reached a critical level this season. “He’s doing everything possible to get out of here,” one player said earlier this week.

and about Tejada:

Then there was Tejada’s very public pouting over being asked to sacrifice bunt on Sunday.

Bochy claimed that incident played no role in the move to designate him. In fact, Bochy commended Tejada for dealing with the issue on Tuesday.

“Miggy came in. He talked to Ronny and myself,” said Bochy, referring to bench coach Ron Wotus. “He said he didn’t mean to disrespect Ronny by any means. I was a little frustrated, sure, but that … has nothing to do with the moves that were made. He owned up to it and I respect that. He wanted it to come out as, `I wanted to hit there. I wanted to help out.’ He was man enough to come in and say, `Hey, I was wrong.’”

So maybe hold off on your venom for Tejada. Dude just isn't smart. Rowand on the other hand, is a douche.

Honestly, my position on Tejada will not change. I'm sorry Cam, but it has nothing at all to do with being "smart". He wasn't a team player when he was asked to be one. That's not smarts, that's being a dickhead teammate and showing up your peers and your coaches. He's a class A douche whether smart or dumb. It's bad form to do something like he did when you're a valuable producer on a team, and even worse thing to do when you're terrible.

Now, this does change my opinion on Rowand, so he can fist himself too.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow! Bold move by Sabean and Co.

Every time I think I'm out (with this season), they pull me back in.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I'm still out unless we are only 2 back come Sunday night. But this is such a good omen for 2012.

But as Heath said at least we have something good to talk about now!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get off of work and this is the news I come home to?!?!?!?1

Can you say best fucking day ever ?

C'mon, now, really? I liked Nov 1 2010 so much better.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word! Boy, the last two games have been awful. I turned off last night's game in the sixth for the first time all year. I couldn't take it anymore. This is a new lease on life. Too little too late? Probably. But who cares? Addition by subtraction is fun.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough for me. If you can't buy friends with $18 mil, what can you buy? That reminds me of Daniel Tosh's stand-up when he says, "Sure. Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a jet ski, and try not to smile while riding on a jet ski."

LOL. Way better than the usual "Money can't buy happiness, but you sure can rent it"

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Brett Pill = Dan Uggla and at worse, Mark DeRosa.

AND NONE OF YOU CAN RUIN MY OPTIMISM!

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so whos next on the chopping block?

gotta believe Zeets would be next but who follows?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances Zito and/or OCrap are next?

Not this year, but this could bode very well for Zito being gone next year. Maybe they manage to trade him for a rosin bag by eating 80% of the contract.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so whos next on the chopping block?

gotta believe Zeets would be next but who follows?

No one else will be let go before their contracts are up just by pure DFA, but they will surely not re-hire Ross, and they should try to trade JSanchez.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, my position on Tejada will not change. I'm sorry Cam, bu it has nothing at all to do with being "smart". He wasn't a team player when he was asked to be one. That's not smarts, that's being a dickhead teammate and showing up your peers and your coaches. He's a class A douche whether smart or dumb.

Now, this does change my opinion on Rowand, so he can fist himself too.

Fil - I can handle that. But I guess I just see it slightly differently because Tejadfa has always been the same guy. In Oakland, in Baltimore, in San Diego or wherever - it's always been about Miguel Tejadfa. I did not have any blinders on about him when he was signed.

In B'more, he was asked to move to third base and he put up a royal stink. Also while there, he gave his infamous "it's time for a change" line trying to talk his way out of town.

At one point in his career he was accused of tipping pitches to the other team.

Anyway, those all pretty much prove he's only in the game for himself. So when SF signed him, I never expected him to become a clubhouse leader or some inspirational role model. I knew what he was. He never changed. So I don't think any less of him because I never thought much of him to begin with.