• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teddy Bridgewater appears to be that answer.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly appears to be that guy. No, not a dynamic 5000 yard passer, but that QB we have all been hoping for since Manning.

I get it. Two crappy teams. As Parcells would say, you are what your record says you are.

Two road wins and btw not for nothing but the Giants didn't look thaaaat bad on Thursday.

Injuries are what we as fans want to be concerned about. Chubb injury frustrates me a lot.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really care about his performance right now. The question was never, “can Teddy beat Daniel Jones or Trevor Lawrence?” The question is can Teddy beat Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen or Tom Brady? Can TB match scores with the game’s best?

These first three games are games we’re supposed to win. These games are games either QB could win. If Bridgewater can win against KC, then we can talk about Teddy being the answer to our QB woes.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy has TOTAL control of the Broncos offense. The OL needs to start blocking better in the run game though.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really care about his performance right now. The question was never, “can Teddy beat Daniel Jones or Trevor Lawrence?” The question is can Teddy beat Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen or Tom Brady? Can TB match scores with the game’s best?

These first three games are games we’re supposed to win. These games are games either QB could win. If Bridgewater can win against KC, then we can talk about Teddy being the answer to our QB woes.
How many NFL teams can beat KC.... just curious? We know Drew Lock can't.

I think Denver can... they control the ball cut down KCs possessions and then it will be close at the end, anyone's game.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I 100% guarantee Lock doesn’t have 600 yards, 4 TD’s and 0 turnovers through the first 2 games. You say these are games either QB could win but if Lock would’ve won the easy ones last year we wouldn’t have needed a QB competition.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don’t think TB can go toe to toe with the elite passers.

Herbert might
Carr can

Denver will need to be +8 or better in turnover differential at seasons end.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% guarantee Lock doesn’t have 600 yards, 4 TD’s and 0 turnovers through the first 2 games. You say these are games either QB could win but if Lock would’ve won the easy ones last year we wouldn’t have needed a QB competition.
Lock doesn't have that in ANY two consecutive games. The offense will be ball control and nothing flashy by today's standards.

Denver's defense is the highest paid defense in the NFL and this unit will be responsible for the teams ultimate success or failure, not the offense.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos philosophy isn't getting a QB that can. boat race Mahomes etc.

No, and that is a losing philosophy and a paradigm that really turns into a losing platitude.

This is an old school philosophy that still relates today. While we think it was ALL Brady That won the SB we ignore that their defense held them to 13 points.

That is a small example. The real concerns are the injuries etc in my estimation.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos philosophy isn't getting a QB that can. boat race Mahomes etc.

No, and that is a losing philosophy and a paradigm that really turns into a losing platitude.

This is an old school philosophy that still relates today. While we think it was ALL Brady That won the SB we ignore that their defense held them to 13 points.

That is a small example. The real concerns are the injuries etc in my estimation.
LOL, They did try, they tried to get Aaron Rodgers, and there is a real possibility they could get him at the end of the year. How else is Denver going to get a QB to run with Mahomes? What QB is that? It isn't Fields, it isn't Drew Lock. They tried Paxton Lynch.... They have 75% of their money sunk into the defense. So that is how they are rolling. this is the best team they have had sine 2015. Sit there and wine and bitch all you want about poor Drew Lock not being the QB. I am going to enjoy the season, for whatever it is, which I think is going to be pretty good.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bottom Line​

Teddy's minimal mistakes and consistent style of play bodes well for Denver. Consistency is key to lengthening drives and dominating the time of position.

Keeping the Broncos' talented defense well-rested and operating at its peak every time it takes the field is paramount to competing against division foes. If Teddy can maintain the same level of success in his first game, look for Denver to build momentum and be a tough matchup for even the best teams in the league.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that the 2020 version of Drew Lock couldn’t do what Teddy has so far in 2021. Drew was a riskier start at QB given all of his turnover issues last year. Drew does have more arm talent then Teddy but that doesn’t mean that it is going to translate into success on the field. Drew and Teddy where very similar through the QB competition. That being said we don’t know that Drew could have or couldn’t have done the same thing or better things then Teddy this year. Drew’s time in Denver is likely done.

That being said this is Teddy’s team and Drew is not playing anytime. Teddy has been better then I expected which is awesome. We need to find ways to utilize KJ’s speed. It is fun to be a Broncos fan this year. All the QB questions can wait until February, so we can enjoy this season, which has been really fun.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you say "we" are" supposed to win, can you give me an indication why say the Giants didn't think the Broncos weren't a team they were SUPPOSED to beat at home?

In other words, the Broncos since 2015, hasn't been a team that is one of those elite teams that is "supposed" to win anything.

Understand what I am saying? The Broncos are one of the bottom feeders. Humbling truth.

Any win on the road in the NFL is admirable. Yes, I get what you are saying, but if Bronco fans think Bridgewater is a QB that will be that type of QB, then imo you aren't paying attention.

Bridgewater is really impressing me in his efficiency. Extending plays. Not going to his FIRST read and scrambling when that WR is covered.

Hopefully his accuracy improves on the 9 routes. Hopefully he doesn't make more foolish decisions like he did when on 3rd down he overlooked the wide open receiver.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater is the answer for the Jeopardy question: Who was the subject of the biggest steal of a trade in the NFL in the past year?

JuTang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy is playing well above my expectations. He's picking his spots to be aggressive which prevents the defense from sitting down on short to medium routes. He knows where his check downs are when the pressure arrives quickly. He's playing like a top 5-10 QB right now which with this defense will be a tough team to play. What I love about the offense is it rarely does 3 and outs and takes a lot of pressure off the defense.

Main issue with this team is injuries. Chubb likely he won't be 100% again this season and wouldn't be surprised he they place him on IR this week. Hammy can be nagging for hopefully Darby doesn't have that problem. Jeudy's high ankle sprain might prevent him from getting back form for this season, but he is young so I'm optimistic he can do it.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater joined Peyton Manning as the only Broncos QBs to complete 75% of his passes with at least two TD passes and no interceptions in a game.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly squashed the narrative against him yesterday that all he knows how to do is checkdown. If not for a few bogus PI calls Sutton likely would have over 200 yards and a couple TD’s because Teddy was throwing it deep almost 1/3 of the game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly squashed the narrative against him yesterday that all he knows how to do is checkdown. If not for a few bogus PI calls Sutton likely would have over 200 yards and a couple TD’s because Teddy was throwing it deep almost 1/3 of the game.
Bridgewater throwing deep like that is notice to the NFL - they can't cheat the coverage for any part of the field against this Bronco's offense. I love it. Bridgewater puts a little more loft in the deep throws than I'm used to, but he gets it there. The Defense can't afford to double cover deep to turn the lofted throw into an interception because Teddy will cut them up in the short and middle zones. Bridgewater's passes are easy on his receivers hands for receptions is the plus to that story. He throws deep like Bob Griese used to for the undefeated Dolphins.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what he's done and he MIGHT be the answer but, let us see how we do week 4 on against better teams first. Of course I see Paton going FA QB over rookie QB anyways. Teddy is a great dude I'm rooting for him.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No quarterback has attempted more passes over 20 yards than gunslinger Teddy Two Gloves. His movement, comfort in Pat Shurmur's offense and decision-making have been even better than this eternal Teddy optimist could have imagined

Not bad for Check-down Teddy