• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow

Oh shit a poll option. Cut Tebow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett gets them a lot more catchable balls. Of course he's not Brady, but I would rather have them running the same offense and maybe adjust to the ball slightly more than what they ran with Tebow and get a handful of balls in their area.

That's one thing I don't like - read option plays. No reason they should ever practice that because there's no reason they should ever run that in a game. If your 3rd string QB forces you to change your offensive system, that's a problem with your 3rd string QB, not your system.

But WRs do need practice catching badly thrown balls.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one thing I don't like - read option plays. No reason they should ever practice that because there's no reason they should ever run that in a game. If your 3rd string QB forces you to change your offensive system, that's a problem with your 3rd string QB, not your system.

They should just cut Tebow now, but he's a pre season 3rd Qtr and on QB I guess.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......................................................................................................

........But WRs do need practice catching badly thrown balls.

Badly thrown balls is one thing but if they start practicing altering their routes, that is counter-productive. Brady will expect the receivers to run PRECISE routes

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badly thrown balls is one thing but if they start practicing altering their routes, that is counter-productive. Brady will expect the receivers to run PRECISE routes

Adjusting to the ball in the air is something they need to do. Even Brady throws a bad one once in a while. And before the ball is in the air, there's nothing to adjust to.

I don't think he's hurting anything there, though I don't see enough upside to make me think, "Oh, he should be on our team in camp!"

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mallett isn't perfect. He has missed on some for people to adjust to. Most of tebow's aren't even balls you can adjust to. He missed bad and consistently.

paperchamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they keep him around. maybe inactive most games,but perfect to run pistol style offensive for in practice. and I expect more teams to run some sort of it this year than last.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they keep him around. maybe inactive most games,but perfect to run pistol style offensive for in practice. and I expect more teams to run some sort of it this year than last.

Practice? I don't think he is practice squad eligible. He earns a position or he gets cut. He won't bump another player and take a valuable roster spot, making 4 million as a practice dummy....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow's only making 630k this year, with a base of 730k next and the theoretical possibility to make up to 2 mil if he not only plays 80% of the snaps, but we win 10 games.

Well, from us. The Jets are still paying him I think.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow's only making 630k this year, with a base of 730k next and the theoretical possibility to make up to 2 mil if he not only plays 80% of the snaps, but we win 10 games.

Well, from us. The Jets are still paying him I think.

It's not so much about the salary as it is the roster spot.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much about the salary as it is the roster spot.

According to Smerlas and Volin on TV last night, Tebow's a lock to make the team. He's low-cost and the Pats knew all about him and wouldn't have brought him in unless they meant to keep him around.