• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow Transitioning To A Patriot

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...like AH except tebow probably wouldnt run many deep routes.

...or kill anyone unless it's upon an alter to honor his lord and savior.

Gotta give JDM props on the church thing. That whole thing sounds fishy and not the type of fishy that feeds 5000.

God it's hard to avoid God talk with this cat!

I'm still of the wait and see position on the guy. If Kraft did bring him in just for his Christ shit, that'll die off soon enough.

I am not a Christian, but I don't have a problem with it or even with mentioning it or being proud of it. My sole issue is when it is used as an excuse for hate. That is what this church does and Tebow came far too close to giving them too much credibility.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is far more athletic than tebow and can catch the ball.

He can catch not sure he is " Far more athletic ". As for any position other then QB FB is the only one that makes sense to me and I can not see a need for yet another RB position. I think Tim heads to practice squad.

ChrisNH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever your personal/political/religious opinions of Tebow, we should all want each Patriots player to do well this year and contribute to a great season. I'm not clear how (or even if) Tebow can help the team win; but the guy does have athletic talent and we need all hands on deck this year. But should Tebow catch a TD pass from Brady at home, I suggest you will hear an enormous reception from the crowd.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree again JDM, I too have no problem with Christianity and I don't intend my quips to suggest that I do. There's just a lot of LOL material there~

Pretty much agree with everything stated here and expect the speculation to keep up for a bit. I'm mostly amused that we have him. I don't watch much college ball so I'll have to defer to those who do as to his skills. I would argue though, that he hasn't really had a solid shot in the NFL yet.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is far more athletic than tebow and can catch the ball.

Umm...wait a sec. Tebow is pretty stinken athletic. Have you ever watched him run? And can probably take hits better than Edelman.

And who says he can't catch?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pointless debate. We won't know what's what with Tebow until the cut down to the 53 man roster, and even then we won't know for sure, unless he's been lighting it up at some position in preseason.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pointless debate. We won't know what's what with Tebow until the cut down to the 53 man roster, and even then we won't know for sure, unless he's been lighting it up at some position in preseason.

Not sure it was a debate at all. I thought it was a conversation

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, he's more of a weapon then Mallett right now because he has a chance to get on the field if he makes the team.

I would agree.. but what I don't understand is how teams have used him.

If I were BB... I would use him in the red zone... in a two back set. And he is one of the backs.

He is big enough to block for Brady.. they can hand him the ball... he can pass after the handoff. And he generally won't lose yards because he is not afraid of contact.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...wait a sec. Tebow is pretty stinken athletic. Have you ever watched him run? And can probably take hits better than Edelman.

And who says he can't catch?

:agree: Like it or not, Tebow's best attribute is the fact he is multi-dimensional. And I know we all make fun of him for being a horrible passer.. but from 7 yards out with him tucking the ball and running toward the line of scrimmage... the D has to make a decision... and if they overcommit, I trust Tebow to make a 5 yard pass to a wide open receiver (even if it wobbles all over the place). If the D doesn't commit and the lowers his shoulders... he is tough to stop.

But I would NOT put him in a QB to do that... let him play in the backfield behind Brady.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's all that's needed a running back can do that. I would rather have ridley or blount or bolden run the ball in a short yardage situation than tebow. You could nearly as effectively have them haul back and throw if you really wanted to, and they are much better on the ground?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think far too much is read into his versatility when he's really not all that good at anything. He's not a great passer; he's a decent runner for a QB but not good enough to be a running back, he's athletic for a QB but not a skill position.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Like it or not, Tebow's best attribute is the fact he is multi-dimensional. And I know we all make fun of him for being a horrible passer.. but from 7 yards out with him tucking the ball and running toward the line of scrimmage... the D has to make a decision... and if they overcommit, I trust Tebow to make a 5 yard pass to a wide open receiver (even if it wobbles all over the place). If the D doesn't commit and the lowers his shoulders... he is tough to stop.

But I would NOT put him in a QB to do that... let him play in the backfield behind Brady.

:agree:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think far too much is read into his versatility when he's really not all that good at anything. He's not a great passer; he's a decent runner for a QB but not good enough to be a running back, he's athletic for a QB but not a skill position.

He's good enough to be

A) #2 winningest QB in college history
B) First sophomore Heisman winner
C) First round pick
D) Signed and praised by Bill

Yeah, he's only decent.
I don't buy into the whole Tebow mania and I despise "Tebowing" almost as much as I despise patenting it.
But the kid CAN PLAY.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skill level in college is very different than in the NFL. Compared to us, yes, he's athletic, etc. Compared to the average NFL player, nothing about him is special but his versatility, and that is overstated. Can you name one thing he is in the top, say, 10%, of NFL players at? Versatility is great but you have to be very good at something to take advantage of it.

I don't see that with Tebow.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good enough to be

A) #2 winningest QB in college history
B) First sophomore Heisman winner
C) First round pick
D) Signed and praised by Bill

Yeah, he's only decent.
I don't buy into the whole Tebow mania and I despise "Tebowing" almost as much as I despise patenting it.
But the kid CAN PLAY.

LMAO Really!!!

A:
Kellen Moore of Boise State at 49-3

Colt McCoy of Texas at 45-8

David Greene of Georgia at 42-10

Peyton Manning of Tennessee at 39-6

Chuck Ealy 35-0

B: And? The Heisman is a complete joke it's a farce, it's rarely given to the best player in college football and almost always to one of the best offensive player. And how many Heisman winners have gone on to be crap at the next level.

C: Firs round pick so was Russell, Leaf etc I think you get the point.

D; What do you expect BB to say " We picked him up cause he is a swell guy"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Really!!!

A:
Kellen Moore of Boise State at 49-3

Colt McCoy of Texas at 45-8

David Greene of Georgia at 42-10

Peyton Manning of Tennessee at 39-6

Chuck Ealy 35-0

B: And? The Heisman is a complete joke it's a farce, it's rarely given to the best player in college football and almost always to one of the best offensive player. And how many Heisman winners have gone on to be crap at the next level.

C: Firs round pick so was Russell, Leaf etc I think you get the point.

D; What do you expect BB to say " We picked him up cause he is a swell guy"

Yeah I know...

And "A" was from a 2010 Bleacher report.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Really!!!

Wait! Didn't Charlie Ward dominate in the NFL?

:whistle: