• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow Time

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville needs him. They have had trouble for at least 2 years now selling tickets. If they bring Tebow in that will not be a problem anymore for at least a year.

jaypok626

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jacksonville needs him. They have had trouble for at least 2 years now selling tickets. If they bring Tebow in that will not be a problem anymore for at least a year.

It also wouldn't last for more than 3 years, when Tebow plays himself out of the league. The problem for the Jaguars is that they're located in Florida. Even if they have a good team, fans still won't show up. Just look at the other Florida professional sports teams. The Dolphins narrowly avoided blackouts last season by having sponsors purchase large amounts of tickets. The Bucs used to do the same in seasons past. Hell, the Marlins and Rays couldn't even sell out some home baseball playoff games. Florida just isn't a good state for professional sports.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also wouldn't last for more than 3 years, when Tebow plays himself out of the league. The problem for the Jaguars is that they're located in Florida. Even if they have a good team, fans still won't show up. Just look at the other Florida professional sports teams. The Dolphins narrowly avoided blackouts last season by having sponsors purchase large amounts of tickets. The Bucs used to do the same in seasons past. Hell, the Marlins and Rays couldn't even sell out some home baseball playoff games. Florida just isn't a good state for professional sports.

What about the Magic and Heat?
Part of the Marlins, Dolphins, and Jags problem is they've been mostly awful for a few years now.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Manning signing was a double win for the Broncos: pick up a great QB, lose a bad one with an unbelievable fan base.

jaypok626

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What about the Magic and Heat?
Part of the Marlins, Dolphins, and Jags problem is they've been mostly awful for a few years now.

They've probably had problems as well. Also, it doesn't help that the Jaguars have a market the size of Hartford, Conn. Regardless, being bad for years isn't all that excusable when you consider that Cleveland and Buffalo beat out all 3 Florida teams in home game attendance this past season.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has a whole has a fickle fan base when it comes to pro teams(they love their college teams). Even when their teams win games might not be sold out. But the Jags would sell out every home game for at least 1 year with Tebow there. And if for some strange reason Tebow wins there? Fuhhhgedabouit.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merril Hoge kicks Tim Tebow while he’s down: “He has no clue”

"The more I studied him in an NFL setting, the more disturbed I was that he has no clue what he’s looking at,” Hoge said of Tebow. “His IQ as a football player is not very good. That is why they have to come down and make it some of a college-form system that he’s comfortable with in Florida. He can’t execute, from a cerebral aspect, a pro-style system."

In other words, Hoge thinks that if the projections of the Broncos only getting a fifth-round pick for Tebow turn out to be true, the Broncos would be getting a steal.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man when I saw this is freaked me out to no end. Tebow is one thing we do not want in SF. He's simply terrible at QB and I honestly don't see him getting any better. He's far worse than Alex Smith as a passer and not even close to Kaep either.

He brings a fan frenzy and media circus that would only be a distraction.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should never ever ever wear a niners uniform. He is Edward Scissorhands when he tries to throw the ball.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The more I studied him in an NFL setting, the more disturbed I was that he has no clue what he’s looking at,” Hoge said of Tebow. “His IQ as a football player is not very good. That is why they have to come down and make it some of a college-form system that he’s comfortable with in Florida. He can’t execute, from a cerebral aspect, a pro-style system."

Hoge's comments struck me because apparently Tebow stunned coaches and executives for the Broncos because they had never seen a college quarterback show the ability to not only break down his offense [at the University of Florida] but also the offenses of different NFL teams as well.

Most people can see Tebow's weaknesses, and mental mistakes are not at the forefront. Tebow doesn't throw into triple coverage or get completely bamboozled by defensive schemes as much as he seems to have a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn.

tl;dr = Hoge is an idiot who shouldn't be talking about football IQ and intelligence when he was a friggin fullback.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a real religious person ain't been to church in over a decade.. But anything that pissess the media off... I'm for... thats Pretty much why I like Tebow. Seeing the exasperation the media gets cause the guy dares to publicly show his faith wins it for me. Plus its nice that one of the players who does the right thing gets some press rather than it being another story about what player broke what law today. Not that he is in the minority of classy players just that you hardly get stories about the good guys in football.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we do need a running back for short yardage situations....