• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams are desperate for Seattle talent, Giants sign Schofield

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years $8m for O'Brien Schofield.

I think this shows the desperation for teams to acquire Seattle talent. Schofield was not on the field very often and the Giants give him a $4m per year deal? Wow.

Clinton McDonald a big loss for Seattle - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Source is at the bottom of that link.

The Seahawks also lost defensive end/linebacker O'Brien Schofield, which wasn't a surprise. But the amount of money he received from the Giants is surprising at $8 million for two years.

IMO the Buccs overpaid for Clinton McDonald and the Jags overpaid for Red Bryant. I think the contracts received by Bryant, McDonald and Schofield reiterate how fortunate we were to get Michael Bennett at the price we did.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants that Seahawk D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the Free Agency market though almost every player seems to be getting over-paid. There are a few nice signings like that of Bennett for you guys but for the most part with the Cap going up teams are willing to spend a little extra even for mediocre players.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaw dropped when I saw Schofield got $4M per. He's a good talent, but pretty unproven. I actually think that McDonald's contract is fair. Going to miss him clogging up the middle in Seattle, but I'm looking forward to seeing guys like Scruggs and Hill fight for his spot.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also heavily injury prone. That is an incredible amount of money to throw at him, but with it only being a 2 year deal, it's not that huge of a gamble.

But this year is way different than 2013. More teams have money to throw around in 2014 and the pool of talent available is better.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaw dropped when I saw Schofield got $4M per. He's a good talent, but pretty unproven. I actually think that McDonald's contract is fair. Going to miss him clogging up the middle in Seattle, but I'm looking forward to seeing guys like Scruggs and Hill fight for his spot.

Ya I mean if these put up the same numbers in other uniforms would they get the same coin? Our back NT got 3/12 and a hybrid DE/LB who barely played got 2/8. Im happy for these guys but I think the credit just goes to the system we have in place.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was said this off season many teams would try to get many of our guys because they have been coached well and teams hope to bring some of that attitude into their org's.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions taking a very big interest in Tate,,,sucks Tate is so underrated by many.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit makes sense for Tate. He seems to believe that in the right system he could be a 1200 yd wr and if he can't get those numbers with Stafford throwing the ball like 700 times he won't get it anywhere else.

If he wants to win though and he is willing to push his ego aside then he'll come back here

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit makes sense for Tate. He seems to believe that in the right system he could be a 1200 yd wr and if he can't get those numbers with Stafford throwing the ball like 700 times he won't get it anywhere else.

If he wants to win though and he is willing to push his ego aside then he'll come back here

Detroit has a good team and if they draft well anything can happen,,but i will miss Tate a TON!.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah his numbers will go up big time over there and i bet as a personal level he wishes to be recognized as good as he is,can't blame him really on a run first offense like you said,i mean he has a SB ring after all.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't believe Tate would see a dramatic increase in his statistics with the Lions. A good number of Tate's receptions came on designed screens and plays in which Wilson bought more time with his feet. Stafford is not as mobile as Wilson is, and I don't see that the Lions would have more WR screens designed specifically for Tate than the Seahawks did. Also, Tate was the #1 WR in the Seahawks offense, Tate will be the #2 in an offense that also throws to it's HB frequently.

Tate's best fit is in an offense that has him as the #1, and that has a mobile QB to buy him more time to run his routes. I don't see that his production would increase dramatically with the Lions.

If Tate is demanding $5-$6m a year I say let him walk. He was a good WR for us, but not one that cannot be replaced. I'm not trying to diminish what he did for us, I just believe that what he did can be replaced by Doug Baldwin.

You have two options:
Doug Baldwin: $2m
Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate: $7-8m

Tate is a better WR than Baldwin, but not by a lot. The Seahawks are better off saving the $5-6m and going with Doug Baldwin.