• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team USA

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this team loses a game. When the USA team struggled internationally it was because the stars were sitting out AND the NBA game was very different than the international game. The NBA was all about iso/one on one plays which isn't a great style given international rules.

Today's NBA game is all about outside shooting. Klay and Durant are going to absolutely torch that 3 point line.

Having said all that, there are a bunch of players I'm pretty disappointed with for not going. Drummond and Davis have no excuse.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this team loses a game. When the USA team struggled internationally it was because the stars were sitting out AND the NBA game was very different than the international game. The NBA was all about iso/one on one plays which isn't a great style given international rules.

Today's NBA game is all about outside shooting. Klay and Durant are going to absolutely torch that 3 point line.

Having said all that, there are a bunch of players I'm pretty disappointed with for not going. Drummond and Davis have no excuse.

I agree mostly, but I still think the team could be a lot better and I also think the powers that be who select the players don't consider fit.

If I were building the team, I would select a couple stars like d. Jordan, Klay and Durant and build everything else around them with pieces that optimize their talents. Of course the key would be getting those players to commit early, otherwise you get stuck.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree mostly, but I still think the team could be a lot better and I also think the powers that be who select the players don't consider fit.

If I were building the team, I would select a couple stars like d. Jordan, Klay and Durant and build everything else around them with pieces that optimize their talents. Of course the key would be getting those players to commit early, otherwise you get stuck.

While I'm sure that there would be an ideal roster that would maximize the outcome, there are practical realities as well.

If Carmelo Anthony wants to play for the Olympic team he gets a spot. If Kevin Durant wants to play he gets a spot. And they will both get playing time, although I suspect that you won't see a lot of guys with more than 20 minutes or so of PT.

This is a very good squad. Perhaps Derozan shouldn't be on the squad. But I don't think that is such a big deal.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to laugh when I read an article that said that Team USA features 11 of the best basketball players in the world, plus Harrison Barnes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving plans to razz Warriors on Team USA about the Finals

Your my boy blue!!! Kyrie!!!!! lol...

“There’s a connection that we all share that’s bonded for life of USA Basketball that allows us to be comfortable and being with one another. But, you know, there will be a few jabs thrown … because there are three Warriors on this team, and I am the current champion, so I will be throwing it in their faces.”

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea. This squad had much stars but that iso plays killed them.
Wade, LeBron, Carmelo, CP3, Dwight, etc.

RushNTakes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this USA team
I'm really liking the roster. Good balance.

Think about trying to score on this lineup: Bulter, Klay, PG13, Draymond, & DeAndre.

Think about trying to stop this lineup from scoring: Kyrie, DeRozan, Durant, Melo, DeMarcus.

I agree with this. The defense those guys bring is pretty tough and they are great offensive players too with DeAndre being a good cleaner on the boards. I would mix the lineup though with defense and offense. This USA team is going to be good behind that 3 point line too because most of these guys can shoot. Should be fun fast paced bball...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“There’s a connection that we all share that’s bonded for life of USA Basketball that allows us to be comfortable and being with one another. But, you know, there will be a few jabs thrown … because there are three Warriors on this team, and I am the current champion, so I will be throwing it in their faces.”

LOL, this is perfect because Durant is going to hear it and say to himself, "Damn, I wanna win a championship, too, so let me go join Steph and Klay in the Bay."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, this is perfect because Durant is going to hear it and say to himself, "Damn, I wanna win a championship, too, so let me go join Steph and Klay in the Bay."

Except, he will have already made his decision long before the Olympics start.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Barnes stuff is kind of funny but obviously way over the top, right?

He had a few bad games at the worst time to have a few bad games. IMO... its nothing that should drastically change his overall value to a team. It would be crazy to let a handful of shots completely alter how valuable you think a player is.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Barnes stuff is kind of funny but obviously way over the top, right?

He had a few bad games at the worst time to have a few bad games. IMO... its nothing that should drastically change his overall value to a team. It would be crazy to let a handful of shots completely alter how valuable you think a player is.
he is still going to get paid for sure....20milllion a year range

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back to posting in bulk I see...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, he will have already made his decision long before the Olympics start.

You're right, but hopefully Durant has heard of Irving's comment already and that he feels the way I hope. LOL.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give Paul George credit for playing in the Olympics -- given what he did to his knee the last time he played for his country. Also, good to see Kevin Durant playing. He dropped out of the FIBA team after seeing George get hurt.

If a player like Durant or Kyrie or George (again) get hurt badly while on the Olympic team -- I think more players won't play the next time.