• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC 2023 thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Rivera is even ENTERTAINING the whining about EB's style tells me he's the absolute WRONG man for the job. He should be looking to get the chumps off this team, not worring about their panzy assed feelings.... FOH!!!
And definitely shouldn't have gone public with it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Rivera is even ENTERTAINING the whining about EB's style tells me he's the absolute WRONG man for the job. He should be looking to get the chumps off this team, not worring about their panzy assed feelings.... FOH!!!
This is interesting because this is our first post-Snyder goof-up.

Yes, this has NOTHING to do with Dan Snyder. It feels weird saying that after 20 years. I honestly thought that once Snyder left, the embarrassment would stop. Looks like I was wrong. I blame the following in order

1. The players
2. Rivera

Hopefully, it wasn't the leaders like TMac who were complaining. Who knows? Turner was a mistake...we all know that. It is apparent that Turner lacked accountability and took a very soft approach to his players. EB is clearly different and the players must adapt.

I then blame Rivera for not being smart enough to avoid the media trap that he stepped in. He could have simply said that "practices are intense as the team gets ready for the Browns and that coaches and players are working hard". A lot of times, less is more when it comes to press conferences. Instead, Rivera looks like he is throwing EB under the bus OR that is how the media is taking it. Rivera threw gasoline on the fire when he revealed private conversations between him and the players about one of his coaches. That is a no-no and he should know better. I have never seen that happen in the NFL.

I am not going to say Rivera sux (you see Sportster, I am working on it), but I will say that Rivera is CLEARLY not the right person to lead this front office and team on the field. To me, this is indeed a transition year....it is a transition to a new front office. Rivera is a simple placeholder because Harris didn't have time to get a new GM to start building the franchise. This organization must be cleansed. Anyone who helped support the mediocrity of the franchise and was one of Snyder's yes-men needs to go.

I do NOT understand the few posters here who are doing mental math to see what is the minimum amount of games that Rivera needs to win in order to stick around. That literally makes no sense to me at all. We should be aiming for excellence and restoration...not attempting to gauge the minimum amount of progress that Rivera needs to show so he can hang around. Why anyone would want Rivera to stick around is beyond me. Poster loyalty to him is something I am not able to wrap my mind around.

This organization needs accountability, professionalism, vision, and the best and brightest minds in the game. Do you literally mean to tell me that Rivera and Jason Wright are the answer to our needs and are the best we can do? If you believe this...heaven help us.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it is a soap opera deal that the press is blowing up. The best thing RR could have done is to keep this in house though knowing sports media types love drama and fan the flames. I'd say Harris will hammer another nail in the RR's coffin.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
act of desperation by rr.he,s worried about his job more than he is the team.
I heard the interview. There was no intention behind it. Diarrhea of the mouth as usual. I could understand if he was trying to humiliate the players to send a message. He just let it slip that's all.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it is a soap opera deal that the press is blowing up. The best thing RR could have done is to keep this in house though knowing sports media types love drama and fan the flames. I'd say Harris will hammer another nail in the RR's coffin.
Yep

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the interview. There was no intention behind it. Diarrhea of the mouth as usual. I could understand if he was trying to humiliate the players to send a message. He just let it slip that's all.
like i,ve said before,he,s full of shit.he shoud be worried about the team,not if their feelings are hurt by the team,s oc.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i,ve said before,he,s full of shit.he shoud be worried about the team,not if their feelings are hurt by the team,s oc.
I don't think he is worried. The players came to him. It wasn't a case of Ron having a sit down with EB. Ron just talks too much.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it is a soap opera deal that the press is former coaches would have blowing up. The best thing RR could have done is to keep this in house though knowing sports media types love drama and fan the flames. I'd say Harris will hammer another nail in the RR's coffin.
rather have del rio coaching the team than rr.he,s turning into a joke as coach.none of the former coaches would have started such an issue as team coach.rr was a dumbass to do so.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this Ron stuck his foot in his mouth. I don't think he was calling anyone out. EB said I am who I am. Duke you mentioned this wasn't Dan Snyder but it was because Dan hired RR. I'd bet anything that Josh has called and said "what the hell were you thinking?"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash