• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Martinez

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This experience is going to make Taylor so tough, and so hard, he'll never throw a pick or fumble again........

:dance:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually thats mostly because he wouldn't dump it off to the RB or TE if the downfield receiver was covered...taylor thinks "hey if BK is my primary receiver dadburnnit im throwin to BK"

If thats the case ( and you would know more than I for sure) then you need to yank the kid right away and he should have been out a long long time ago. A QB that has that poor of decision making should never have been allowed to start 18 games at Nebraska. 75% of a QB's throws should come 12 or less yards down field especially for a QB that isnt the most accurate and if the staff has set him up with a game plan to do this and eh just refuses to do it then he should be gone.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
when he was redshirting he played WR on the scout team, and I guess was really good at it.
In high school in california's largest class he threw for like 3000 yards his sr year and i think won the state title game.

my question is this, since its obvious he isn't anything but fast, he doesnt even have any moves, just "run fast" why not move him to WR, let him strech the field, bring in Carnes or even Kellogg to run the O

Oregon has a spread running game and their number 1 option IS NOT the qb run....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he was redshirting he played WR on the scout team, and I guess was really good at it.
In high school in california's largest class he threw for like 3000 yards his sr year and i think won the state title game.

my question is this, since its obvious he isn't anything but fast, he doesnt even have any moves, just "run fast" why not move him to WR, let him strech the field, bring in Carnes or even Kellogg to run the O

Oregon has a spread running game and their number 1 option IS NOT the qb run....

The kid is obvious not that bright as evidenced by his decision making and his mind numbingly poor interview skills. He also appears to be HUGELY stubborn since his mechancis and ball delivery havent improved at all since his arrival in LIncoln which leads me to believe he just refuses to be coached. I am 100% sure that a not so bright, stubborn kid would probably transfer in a heartbeat if they tried to change his position especially when he feels persecuted by the fans and media.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the coaches keep saying there's a huge drop off after martinez. So I'll trust them. While I would be interested to see how Carnes does in live action, right now is not the time to be tinkering around with it.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree brasky, we have had 3 games where Carnes should have played the entire 4th.
I don't understand why we dont get him live snaps, whats he going to do throw 3 INTS that lead to 21 points for the other team in 12 plays?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree brasky, we have had 3 games where Carnes should have played the entire 4th.
I don't understand why we dont get him live snaps, whats he going to do throw 3 INTS that lead to 21 points for the other team in 12 plays?

hehehe. No, that's impossible.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is Maher has a cannon for an arm with pin-point accuracy

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staring down media members at practice Taylor? :L

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor>Bill Bixby, watch the fuck out press

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the coaches keep saying there's a huge drop off after martinez. So I'll trust them. While I would be interested to see how Carnes does in live action, right now is not the time to be tinkering around with it.

My question to that is WHY?!!

We are one hit away form having to play Carnes so why is he only getting 3 minutes wrap up against cupcakes. He needs to play.

edit: Didn't bother to read landons reply before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is honestly somethin is happening in practice that we obviously aren't able to see. The fact that Carnes doesn't know the full playbook, mixed with some other things must be the reason.

I'm guessing that Taylor is not making mistakes in practice and Carnes is right now.

On xbox, it's easy for us to just plug in a new guy and see what happens..........if only it was that easy in real life.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it'd be a plug n play but Carnes needs experience too. And in the case of Wisconsin when your down 20 points what can it really hurt?

And if TM was watching from the sidelines he may be able to see some of the reads he is screwing up, whether because of Carnes making the correct decision or the same wrong. Sometimes it is best to step back and observe.

Finally wouldn't it be better to pick the time to put him in "and see what happens" then to have the time picked for you when Martinez is taken out of the game.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is honestly somethin is happening in practice that we obviously aren't able to see. The fact that Carnes doesn't know the full playbook, mixed with some other things must be the reason.

I'm guessing that Taylor is not making mistakes in practice and Carnes is right now.

On xbox, it's easy for us to just plug in a new guy and see what happens..........if only it was that easy in real life.

^THIS

When asked if he thought about putting in carnes, "hell no" said Pelini.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Brion was happy to hear that from his own coach