• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Martinez

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the grip?

F851116.jpg

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all the shit earlier this season made him step up.

It didn't make him I guess. He could of said Fuck all you hicks and transferred but he got pissed and stepped up and learned his reads and concentrated on his pass. Earlier in the year it is rumored he felt trying to change his motion wasn't worth it. He is planting his back foot now and putting his body into the pass. Still ugly but much much better. He will never be a great passer or be able to pass on the run but he has definitely stepped up and I say kudos to him.

He had the fortitude to take his anger and make himself a better player with it.

I look forward to next year.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as we all criticize his passing skills, he is on his way to having a better completion % and passing yardage than some of the all time husker greats

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His understanding is getting better, that's it. It's another new offensive scheme for him this year. He's just playing smarter, still makes some pretty bad reads now and then though. His throwing, ugh, my back hurts every time he lobs it. Just win baby.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez is getting better at reading the defense on the option play. One way or another you need to get the DE to commit to yourself or the pitchman. His late pitch to Burkhead resulting in a TD yesterday was textbook. The DE had already been pancaked out of the play, but one LB was going after the pitchman, and FB Legate did a good job of tying him up enough to keep Burkhead free. Another LB committed to Martinez. Everyone did their job that play. Enunwa needs to have it pointed out in game-film to hold his blocks longer (until the whistle) and there could be more big plays. Penn St #12 (DB) shouldn't have had a shot at Burkhead on that play.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I will not take my previous post back.

I've got pretty big hands and can throw the ball that way, but anyone is bound to get a (up for grabs) wobbling flutterball from it once in a while.

What if the ball is wet?

spdybeaver

Shat on a turtle...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can only assume that the picture in question was a quick one-step throw from him out of the gun. In those situations, the QB doesn't really have the luxary of 'finding the laces'. The ball has to get out on time. Could have possibly been a 1 step slant or a slip screen of some kind. Don't know unless we see the whole picture.

Who knows, maybe he really holds the ball like that...I'd like to think a D-I QB holds the ball in a typical fashion under normal circumstances tho.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grip is the least of his problems... My god. My little sister throws a better ball. I'm not kidding either. We taught her how to throw the right way when she was little and she's always had good form.

I want to slap the asshole who let taylor develop those bad habits.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he throws it down field a little you can see it come undone. Floppy little pancakes. For as much as he was perceived to throw it in HS, it sure doesn't translate over very well. It's harder to feel the laces with the super sweet glovies on

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody find out taylor's fumble stats since starting to wear the gloves.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the grip?

F851116.jpg

Who throws a football with his thumb on the same side of the ball as his fingers? Oh wait I know who probably throws that way...nope not going there. Still trying to break these negative habits.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grip is the least of his problems... My god. My little sister throws a better ball. I'm not kidding either. We taught her how to throw the right way when she was little and she's always had good form.

I want to slap the asshole who let taylor develop those bad habits.

Start with his Dad and his peewee coaches and work your way up the ladder.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, as bad as it is, as long as he keeps passing as good as he has since the 2nd half of the tOSU game, i don't give a shit how bad his motion is.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he throws it down field a little you can see it come undone. Floppy little pancakes. For as much as he was perceived to throw it in HS, it sure doesn't translate over very well. It's harder to feel the laces with the super sweet glovies on

Most QB's spend time every day throwing no lace balls. It was just one throw there. I see him line up the laces all the time when he drops back.